Wiis expected in stock at TRU tomorrow (5/6)

CocheseUGA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
In conjunction with what cag1138 posted here, be sure to check your TRU tomorrow at opening for a Wii. After calling around and visiting a ton of stores tomorrow, the very cordial TRU manager stated 'we are expecting them for tomorrow.' Which means they have them, and are waiting for the store to open. YMMV, of course.

If you can't make it, there's another thread on here that states the Wally World ad for 5/13 indicates Wiis in-stock there as well.

Happy hunting, and apologies if someone else covered it.

[quote name='torifile']I think the Wii crush is loosening up. I saw some at my Costco tonight. This is the second time in a week I've seen them.[/quote]
Not necessarily true. Nintendo has directly confirm through none other than their president, himself that they've increased Wii production and for consumers to expect an increase in availability.

To the OP, thank you so much for informing us. I was able to score #59 out of 60 Wiis that my local Toys R Us got in this morning, making it 59 Wiis sold in within 5 and half hours at one store, alone.

The clerk made discovery memorable for me, too.

Me: "Do you guys still have any Wiis in stock?"

Clerk: "How cool would you say I am if you told you yes?"

lol. I suddenly felt warmer inside.

[quote name='VWarrior']Not necessarily true. Nintendo has directly confirm through none other than their president, himself that they've increased Wii production and for consumers to expect an increase in availability.

To the OP, thank you so much for informing us. I was able to score #59 out of 60 Wiis that my local Toys R Us got in this morning, making it 59 Wiis sold in within 5 and half hours at one store, alone.

The clerk made discovery memorable for me, too.

Me: "Do you guys still have any Wiis in stock?"

Clerk: "How cool would you say I am if you told you yes?"

lol. I suddenly felt warmer inside.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Scored one myself at opening, no one else in sight. ;)

For me personally, the Wii is the first system ever that six months after launch, I've still never seen one for sale at a retail store (not that I'm out at the opening of stores on Sundays)... I'll almost be disappointed when I do finally stumble across one of these wild animals.

They had them at my TRU this morning. The overly helpful staff member was telling people that they had them in stock as they entered the game section. Already have one though. I can't believe they're still hard to find.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']For me personally, the Wii is the first system ever that six months after launch, I've still never seen one for sale at a retail store (not that I'm out at the opening of stores on Sundays)... I'll almost be disappointed when I do finally stumble across one of these wild animals.[/QUOTE]

It was 6+ months after launch until I saw the first PS2's and 360's on store shelves. I guess the wait is a good sign that the console will be successful.

My store got in I think 30 (I was not there to open). When I closed up we had 5 left. Which really was horrible for us, as before that the longest we had Wiis for was 3 hours and that was with 66 to sell.

So I think, within a month, you can walk into any store and get a Wii. HOWEVER, you will NEVER find a nunchuck.

I don't think too many people knew that TRU would have it. I found nunchucks at each store I went to, but the classic controller was fairly rare.

The scarcity of the system is getting smaller, but I'm sure that'll change come the holiday time when Super Mario Galaxy gets released, than the system will be back on backorder for a couple of months.

My hairdresser was 6th in line an hour before opening yesterday (TRU is next door to Great Clips). Amusing to think that 6 months ago, when the only male hairdresser and I were discussing the Wii/PS3, she didn't have any clue what we were talking about. Now it's "well worth the money."

Too bad the Wii is a gimmecky over priced Game Cube.

I sold my Wii after owning it for 2 months. The Wii-mote gimmeck wore off quickly.

[quote name='BIGDADDYJN']Too bad the Wii is a gimmecky over priced Game Cube.

I sold my Wii after owning it for 2 months. The Wii-mote gimmeck wore off quickly.[/quote]You didn't wait long enough. That's sad. :(

[quote name='daroga']You didn't wait long enough. That's sad. :([/quote]

I don't understand. Waited for what?

[quote name='BIGDADDYJN']I don't understand. Waited for what?[/QUOTE]

for your NeoGAF registration to be approved so you could post that sh*t there?

[quote name='Deadend'] HOWEVER, you will NEVER find a nunchuck.[/QUOTE]

i see remotes, nunchucks and classic controllers in every store i go into nowadays. i still haven't seen a system since mine at launch though.

[quote name='BIGDADDYJN']Too bad the Wii is a gimmecky over priced Game Cube.

I sold my Wii after owning it for 2 months. The Wii-mote gimmeck wore off quickly.[/QUOTE]
Too bad the Wii will become the new standard game console this generation (Just like NES, SNES, PSX, and PS2). If you want your game fix in a few years. you'll have to buy yourself another Wii console. Third party companies are jumping left and right from Sony's ship.

[quote name='Alucard400']Too bad the Wii will become the new standard game console this generation (Just like NES, SNES, PSX, and PS2). If you want your game fix in a few years. you'll have to buy yourself another Wii console. Third party companies are jumping left and right from Sony's ship.[/quote]

Are you serious? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

The new standard? What's so unique about it? Motion controlled joystick? Been done. Downloadable content? Been done. I could go on, but i'll save you the embarrasment.

Thanks OP. Because of this post, my best friend finally got his own Wii (and doesn't feel the need to come over and use mine now). ;-)

[quote name='BIGDADDYJN']Are you serious? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

The new standard? What's so unique about it? Motion controlled joystick? Been done. Downloadable content? Been done. I could go on, but i'll save you the embarrasment.[/quote]

What a great post. Thanks for the oh so valuable input.

The walmart closest to me has about 4 of them. If someone wants one I can pick it up and you'll just have to add shipping and paypal fees. PM me if interested.

[quote name='BIGDADDYJN']Are you serious? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

The new standard? What's so unique about it? Motion controlled joystick? Been done. Downloadable content? Been done. I could go on, but i'll save you the embarrasment.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to stop posting in this thread, or you can feel free to not post here period. Your choice.

[quote name='Alucard400']Too bad the Wii will become the new standard game console this generation (Just like NES, SNES, PSX, and PS2). If you want your game fix in a few years. you'll have to buy yourself another Wii console. Third party companies are jumping left and right from Sony's ship.[/quote]

On to Microsofts ship. The Wii will definitly not become the "standard console" for this generation.

[quote name='life.exe']On to Microsofts ship. The Wii will definitly not become the "standard console" for this generation.[/quote]

What is everyone's reasoning for saying this? If you are going to say it isn't, provide some reasons at least. I can tell you that motion sensing must be something that is become a "standard". PS3 put it in there, and now Microsoft wants to somehow get in on it. Sounds like they must be doing something right.

[quote name='schuerm26']What is everyone's reasoning for saying this? If you are going to say it isn't, provide some reasons at least. I can tell you that motion sensing must be something that is become a "standard". PS3 put it in there, and now Microsoft wants to somehow get in on it. Sounds like they must be doing something right.[/quote]

Whoever gets Police 911 in my living room first is the winner...

Thanks OP, I grabbed one for my friend at the TRU in Attleboro, MA. They have at least two in the cage and an "undisclosed" number in the back.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I don't think too many people knew that TRU would have it. I found nunchucks at each store I went to, but the classic controller was fairly rare.[/quote]

Odd, it's the exact opposite with all the stores in this area...

The only TRU is about half an hour from here. =[

[ On to Microsofts ship. The Wii will definitly not become the "standard console" for this generation.]

This is more acceptable in terms of the market in the US and Europe. MS has a chance to be #1 with the developers jumping ship from Sony. Just like back in the generation after the SNES vs Genesis, developers left Nintendo because of forcing high costs in manufacturing games (with carts) and high licensing fees. high development costs, etc. SEGA ruined their reputation in the US with their aggressive marketing of add on failures. SEGA actually did well in Japan with the Saturn. THe Playstation 1 took the market because of being the easiest to program for along with the cheap costs to make games AND quick time to develop software.
This time around, Nintendo is taking the minimalist approach to system design(reducing costs of everything just like the playstation 1) while Sony is doing the maximalist approach(like Nintendo did with the N64's hardware power). I can't say MS is aiming for the middle, because their system is actually quite powerful too. They at least aimed for having the system close to being very acceptable in the market(in terms of pricing). It's just not accepted worldwide (Japan needs to give it a chance).

Sorry to post off topic. But I'm thankful for people trying help others trying to grab a Wii since it's not easy to find.

But Iwata said that the GCN controller was going to be this generation's standard! :(

It's easier for developers to move partially created PS3 projects to an Xbox than a Wii. Good Wii games have to be created even at the concept stage to take full advantage of the Wii's uniqueness. Believe it or not, this actually makes Microsoft the most well positioned, even with the almost completely MS abstinate Japan. This of course assuming third party developers are really ready to ditch the PS3. Either way, it'll be an interesting generation and is probably the most impossible to predict at this stage than any past gen. Will make for some interesting drama.

bread's done
Back