Wii's in Best Buy Sunday ad for 12/02/07

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Does it come with DVD Playback or HDD?[/QUOTE]

when did Nintendo say we were going to get a DVD playback or HDD Wii unit this year? It aint going to happen for a LONG while.

Both my local BB's had Wii's this weekend. One store had a stack of about 50 yesterday about noon and the store I went to this morning had to have had 30 sitting on the floor right inside the store.

Are ppl buying them because it's the cheapest console of the three or do they just want to flip since it seems like supply is on the low end once again for the holidays?

I figured after a whole year, the Wii would be easy hell to find.

I give it till after the holidays that the Wii will start emerging "in the Wild", so to speak. Until then it's Scalper Central with these things.

is the wii really that hard to get. i got my wii in may when i saw it laying on the shelves at my local target. Guess i got lucky but i saw some at my walmart many times at noon, if that helps anyone

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I give it till after the holidays that the Wii will start emerging "in the Wild", so to speak.[/quote]

This is what conventional wisdom would indicate, but then again, thats what they said LAST year.

It is theoretically possible that Wii Fit explodes and the shortage goes on for longer into next year than we anticipate.

This isnt really a deal, but it's still good for people looking for the little white box. Good luck to all!
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Does it come with DVD Playback or HDD?[/quote]
:roll: Gotta love the stealth troll :lol:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Does it come with DVD Playback or HDD?[/QUOTE]

yep. also a built in HD-DVD and Blu-ray drive.

[quote name='NovaKane']Are ppl buying them because it's the cheapest console of the three or do they just want to flip since it seems like supply is on the low end once again for the holidays?

I figured after a whole year, the Wii would be easy hell to find.[/quote]

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/12/nintendo-planning-to-milk-its-wii-shortage-through-the-holidays/

You know, we could understand a few months of Wii shortages, and perhaps we'd let Nintendo slip by the seven month mark with a mild slap on the wrist, but this recent announcement of shortages through the 2007 holidays is just plain annoying. "There is no guarantee that we are not going to have 'out-of-stocks' this holiday season," says George Harrison, senior V.P of marketing for Nintendo of America. "If you see one, buy it. Don't assume that you can come back later and find one." It's not like Nintendo doesn't have the time, cash or know-how to ramp up production. Sure, we don't know all the ins and outs of supply chain management, but it sounds more like Nintendo is enjoying its "can't keep 'em on the shelves" status a bit too much to seriously make an attempt at meeting demand.

[quote name='Apossum']yep. also a built in HD-DVD and Blu-ray drive.[/quote]

You forgot to mention that it ALSO includes a cd-rw/dvd-rw drive, and a new controller adapter that has 2 velco straps on it, its call the "wii-nus" (it attaches to your johnson!)!!

[quote name='linkpwns']I've actually seen a wii at my supermarket on sale for 239.99 once[/QUOTE]

A Supermarket?!?!? You know that would be the last place a person would look for a Wii.... Unless they had a sign saying "We sell Wii's here!" it's not going to be on the shelf for anyone to pick up and take to the self serve check out line.

i picked one up today at target. i went there last night and saw like 15 of 'em and figured they were in stock everywhere. was tempted to pick one up for myself, but went home empty handed. checked online and realized they're STILL sold out everywhere. went back this morning (right when target opened) and there were 4. this family hoarded them, but since i was there first, i got one. i even picked the better box :p. thinkin' about selling it on ebay...might make a great profit from this. ppl are crazy when it comes to the holidays.

[quote name='METC NAPALM']http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/12/nintendo-planning-to-milk-its-wii-shortage-through-the-holidays/

You know, we could understand a few months of Wii shortages, and perhaps we'd let Nintendo slip by the seven month mark with a mild slap on the wrist, but this recent announcement of shortages through the 2007 holidays is just plain annoying. "There is no guarantee that we are not going to have 'out-of-stocks' this holiday season," says George Harrison, senior V.P of marketing for Nintendo of America. "If you see one, buy it. Don't assume that you can come back later and find one." It's not like Nintendo doesn't have the time, cash or know-how to ramp up production. Sure, we don't know all the ins and outs of supply chain management, but it sounds more like Nintendo is enjoying its "can't keep 'em on the shelves" status a bit too much to seriously make an attempt at meeting demand.[/quote]

Don't think for a second that they aren't stepping up the production on purpose... this is their strategy for selling Wiis and it is working...I just can't believe that people are falling for it. Nintendo is making it seem like the Wii is some highly sought after item that will be impossible to ever find again if you don't buy the second you see one, so that's exactly what people are doing...buying on impluse. I have friends who say that they will buy them at any chance they can just because they know they'll be able to sell them to other people. What happens when Nintendo starts increasing production and actually meets the demand? People start seeing hundreds of Wiis in every stores and buy them by the bulk...meaning will have so many Wiis on Ebay that they'll start selling under the mark and eventually....no one will even bother to buy a Wii.....Good move Nintendo, good move... You have the stupid citizens of this world right where you want them.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Don't think for a second that they aren't stepping up the production on purpose... [/quote]
So we shouldn't think that they're not increasing production. In effect, we should believe that they are increasing production. Err, right?

From Nintendo's perspective, there's no good reason to build additional capacity. Why in the world would they want to put out the money to construct additional factories and whatnot to put Wii's together when they'll meet the demand eventually as they're going. You only want to flood the market if you believe that demand will drop over time. Since for most gaming consoles, demand is steady, it dosen't seem sensical to add huge amounts of overhead cost that will only result in excess capacity over time.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']mmmm ecmazza, seems like YOU'RE going early on Sunday for your Mother in Law? heh.[/quote]

lol I went out on Black Friday to find a Wii for my Fiance's sister.... Earned me some points with the future father in law....

The thing that scares me is that knowing I was successful people are going to be at me to camp out for them... May be some profit involved for me but it will most likely be family and that would be wrong to ask for some compensation lol...

[quote name='Derrick1979']lol I went out on Black Friday to find a Wii for my Fiance's sister.... Earned me some points with the future father in law....

The thing that scares me is that knowing I was successful people are going to be at me to camp out for them... May be some profit involved for me but it will most likely be family and that would be wrong to ask for some compensation lol...[/quote]

I know what you mean. I'm the "go to guy" in my family for finding these things after getting mine last holiday season, getting one for my uncle over the summer, and on BF ordering one for my neighbor's sister.

[quote name='gamcreator']Do they limit 1 per customer?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Limit 1 per Customer. Limit 1 per Household. So none of the well Mom buys one and Dad buys one on 2 separate credit cards type of deal. If you plan on doing that, don't stand in line and associate together because they can deny tickets if they choose to do so. After you have your systems outside of the store and both are purchased then you are good.

[quote name='METC NAPALM']http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/12/nintendo-planning-to-milk-its-wii-shortage-through-the-holidays/

You know, we could understand a few months of Wii shortages, and perhaps we'd let Nintendo slip by the seven month mark with a mild slap on the wrist, but this recent announcement of shortages through the 2007 holidays is just plain annoying. "There is no guarantee that we are not going to have 'out-of-stocks' this holiday season," says George Harrison, senior V.P of marketing for Nintendo of America. "If you see one, buy it. Don't assume that you can come back later and find one." It's not like Nintendo doesn't have the time, cash or know-how to ramp up production. Sure, we don't know all the ins and outs of supply chain management, but it sounds more like Nintendo is enjoying its "can't keep 'em on the shelves" status a bit too much to seriously make an attempt at meeting demand.[/QUOTE]
yeah, it's too bad that Nintendo has produced and shipped more consoles in the last year than any other console ever. they're totally keeping everyone in the dark here by selling more in one year than Microsoft did in two.

I wish I could have gone to BB this morning but homework is more important at this point in time. I have two weeks until I graduate from university and I need to make sure I get everything done.

I waited behind a line of people at TRU on the Wednesday AC came out. I could've picked up a Wii right then and there, are these really that hard to get? I mean I just jumped right on the line waited ten minutes max and could've easily got one, someone else could have just as easily bought one minutes later without the wait.

Obligatory
shipmentcomparephppu3.png

OP,

This is not a deal and why make a thread when you know that this will be in the sticky for the Best Buy, Circuit City, etc deals for that week....

[quote name='oasisboy']OP,

This is not a deal and why make a thread when you know that this will be in the sticky for the Best Buy, Circuit City, etc deals for that week....[/QUOTE]

Since when does giving people more notice well in advance a bad thing? You do realize that some people have kids that they have to get a babysitter for if they plan on standing in line or possibly a shift to get covered for work to get a system. More notice at least to me is always a plus. Knowing is half the battle and ever since speedy stopped posting ads for CAG, the ads have been coming in later and later. I don't see how this post is a bad thing. Getting a Wii at retail price is a deal right now for the fact that you cannot find them. Ebay auctions are ridiculously overpriced and let's be honest forced bundling sucks.

[quote name='rumblebear']so when will you guys be camping out? Since it's almost Christmas I would think 5 a.m would be sufficient?[/quote]

I bet people will start lining up Friday. The masses are... oh well... you get it.

it's not like they're that profitable. maybe ~$100 after ebay+paypal fees if it sells for $400 shipped. you could do much better with less effort rounding up used copies of *censored* at eb and selling those instead.

More ppl buy the wii because of the mass apeal. Its broad apeal brings in more ppl, young, old, non gamers..etc

[quote name='oasisboy']OP,

This is not a deal and why make a thread when you know that this will be in the sticky for the Best Buy, Circuit City, etc deals for that week....[/quote]
The official stance on "availability" threads (whether it be for Wii, Rock Band, etc), is that they are allowed for the holiday season. If availability is perceived to be national (as it is with this thread), then the thread should be placed in the VGD forum. As always, regional availability should be placed in the correct Regional Deal forum.

People are going to have a hard time getting said items, and the more help that we can provide them, the better.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']At the Best Buy I work at, we get a person from Mexico about every 30 mins asking for a Wii.
We never have any in stock.[/quote]

All the rich people from Monterrey... and they say Mexico is a third world country... whatever.

I was wondering when I should go sit in line. I my girlfriend wants one and I am having a hard time finding it. Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='nlyonssmith']mmmm ecmazza, seems like YOU'RE going early on Sunday for your Mother in Law? heh.[/QUOTE]

ha! nice...but no. don't get me wrong, we all know i would if they asked (or they put the in-law-pressure on me), but so far that hasn't happened...but I guess there is still time...

People need to stop with the "Nintendo is creating the demand by limiting supply!"

You don't sell a record number of consoles by limiting supply, period. They are producing more consoles than either MS or Sony are right now, and they are still selling all of them.

If they were producing 1,000,000 consoles a day, and selling out of all of those, I'm sure you'd still be saying they were somehow tricking people into buying them by "limiting supply".

It's sad people didn't support the Gamecube like this.

I might show up at opening and then flip one since the Best Buy I worked at would always manage to keep them in stock for a few hours.

i was at best buy earlier today (Best in the West location in Las Vegas) and they had the Wii's at a table at the front door being handed out by employees..heard one of them say they got 50 in and they were going like hotcakes

Soon, we will see the fruits of this unprecedented demand, in the form of the inevitable and epic High School Musical RPG!! With a unique battle system that combines karaoke and Wiimote-wagglin' party games!

I'm not even trying to appease here anyone anymore. This is what you want (from me), what you anticipate, no?

bread's done
Back