Wild Arms 3... any good?

peterjsparks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have a chance to pick up a new Wild Arms 3 for $10 but I don't know too much about the actual gaming experience. I know its a Western RPG and have read some reviews but I find folks on here are normally more reliable. Any comments or recommendations or should I spend the $10 on something else?

I thought it was a pretty average RPG. It's good, does everything fairly well, it just doesn't really do anything to knock your socks off. If you're just looking for an RPG fix, and aren't looking for the next FFX, it's worth your $10

I like it, but not enough to complete it. While parts of it were fun, loved the screne where Virginia's rival dropped that huge gun from her drawals, the whole game just couldn't keep my attention until the end. I was about 3/4 through when I stopped.

[quote name='Zer0X1999']I like it, but not enough to complete it. [/QUOTE]

Same here, but I was less than halfway.:?

It is the same as the first 2: Pretty good in every catergory, but not great in any possible way. It's the definition of an "abover average" RPG. Take it from me, I've played all 3 games to death. If you're looking for deep character development and an entertaining battle system, look someplace else. But if you like exploring overworlds, finding secret items, and well designed, puzzle filled dungeons, you'll like the game. The storybook style cel shaded graphics are great too.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']It is the same as the first 2: Pretty good in every catergory, but not great in any possible way. It's the definition of an "abover average" RPG. Take it from me, I've played all 3 games to death. If you're looking for deep character development and an entertaining battle system, look someplace else. But if you like exploring overworlds, finding secret items, and well designed, puzzle filled dungeons, you'll like the game. The storybook style cel shaded graphics are great too.[/QUOTE]

I am a wild arms fanatic as it was my first RPG that I played which brought the love for RPGs. WA the first one is defintely uncomparable. Now the 3rd is pretty good but in truth I believe it to be a very average game. The game is pretty linear for the first half and when you finally get to move around on your own you feel lost alot of the time. Its a good enough experience to try but defintely only a mediocore game. GO get it you won't regret it. Just do not expect too much from it.

Haven't played it but got a friend though who I bought it for who really likes it. He's a big FF7 fan...but then again, he thinks that Star Ocean and Tales of Symphonia are horrible so I don't know how reliable he is

I think a major point about this game that no one has brought up so far is that, on the overworld, all the dungeons/towns have to be discovered and can only be done after a npc has told you where they are generally located. This can lead to a lot of frustration later on when the game becomes less linear. Also, like a few people said, combat is pretty slow and the upgrade system is pretty bad and if you fuck up you'll pay for it towards the end of the game. Overall not a bad game but not a great game, I'd wait for Alter Code F but this is a good pick up for $10.

Wild Arms 3 is great. Beat the game with ease. It has some fun puzzles in there along with it that can earn you some useful items. I would suggest it buying it for 10 bucks. I have no regrets.

Playing this game also made me want to buy Wild Arms Anime.

bread's done
Back