Wild Arms Alter Code: F

I have only seen it at EB, unfortunately, for the full $50 retail price. It's not listed on circuit city or best buy websites. You may want to take advantage of that upcoming trade-in promotion to bring down the cost a bit.

[quote name='slidecage']why would anyone want it... the game was VERY VERY AWFUL[/QUOTE]
Your taste in games suck. This game is above average but not awful.

[quote name='Msia']Your taste in games suck. This game is above average but not awful.[/QUOTE]

i must got a messed up copy then or my ps2 is getting ready to go out .. The frame rate was awful, the loading times were sort of bad, i mean the graphics just was very bad compaired to other rpgs out there today..

take Dragon quest 8 and compair that to this game and Man its bad...

i played it for around 1 or so before i tossed it back in the mail to gamefly. i would rather play it on the ps1 then to play this rushed game

[quote name='slidecage']i must got a messed up copy then or my ps2 is getting ready to go out .. The frame rate was awful, the loading times were sort of bad, i mean the graphics just was very bad compaired to other rpgs out there today..

take Dragon quest 8 and compair that to this game and Man its bad...

i played it for around 1 or so before i tossed it back in the mail to gamefly. i would rather play it on the ps1 then to play this rushed game[/QUOTE]
Both games use the same cel-shading technique. DQ 8 came out last December in Japan and Wild Arms was released in 2002. You shouldnt blame a game because you cant take care of your own console.

[quote name='Msia']Both games use the same cel-shading technique. DQ 8 came out last December in Japan and Wild Arms was released in 2002. You shouldnt blame a game because you cant take care of your own console.[/QUOTE]

its the only game i have a problem with so its probally the game and not the system... i still say it was an awful game. I would rather boot up my old ps1 and play wild arms 1 then to pay 50 bucks for this game

but for each their own.

[quote name='Msia'] You shouldnt blame a game because you cant take care of your own console.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you have an old PS2 like first gen. They have a terrible time playing dual layered discs which Wild ARMs is on. Mine won't play it, but it works great on my roommate's slim PS2.

personally i would just wait for Wild Arms 4 next month. With a MSRP at $39.99, it might be a better deal.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Actually, if you have an old PS2 like first gen. They have a terrible time playing dual layered discs which Wild ARMs is on. Mine won't play it, but it works great on my roommate's slim PS2.[/QUOTE]
Wild Arms isnt on a dual layered disc. It's DVD.

True, but the Japanese version also had voice acting and lyrics for the songs, all of which were removed for the NA release so I believe there was no need for it to be on a dual-layer...

As far as the game itself, I'm playing it right now and enjoying it. Given its release timeframe, it is very dated, but it's still fun in its own right and the music still kicks ass. As for deals, I snagged my copy from Overstock back in March during their 15% off sale, but given the seemingly limited release quantities it had, you may have to wait for it to show up on the used racks to get a decent price for it...

Wait, they took out the Japanese voiceacting, and didn't replace it with English, they just took it out entirely?

[quote name='slidecage']why would anyone want it... the game was VERY VERY AWFUL[/QUOTE]

Is the game really that bad? I loved the orginal and was excited to play the remake. Maybe I'll pick one up if I can find one really cheap.

[quote name='Kulock']Wait, they took out the Japanese voiceacting, and didn't replace it with English, they just took it out entirely?[/QUOTE]
they just took it out

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Is the game really that bad? I loved the orginal and was excited to play the remake. Maybe I'll pick one up if I can find one really cheap.[/QUOTE]

It's Slidecage.... the man has extremely shitty opinions.

I don't think there is a game that has come out yet that he's liked.

[quote name='Starky27']True, but the Japanese version also had voice acting and lyrics for the songs, all of which were removed for the NA release so I believe there was no need for it to be on a dual-layer...[/QUOTE]
Stupid American localization by Agetec. They should at least give gamers an option to turn on or off Japanese voice acting, not remove it from the game. :cry:

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']Stupid American localization by Agetec. They should at least give gamers an option to turn on or off Japanese voice acting, not remove it from the game. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Well, the royalties for the Japanese voice acting may have been too much for Agetec to afford... I'm pretty sure they didn't just cut it to be assholes.

[quote name='Starky27'] the music still kicks ass. [/QUOTE]

Yup. And I'm glad they kept the original intro music (WA1 still has the best intro I've ever seen). I like the new intro movie, though not as much as the original. The original intro should hav ebeen an unlockable

Dave

[quote name='Msia']Wild Arms isnt on a dual layered disc. It's DVD.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. It is indeed a dual-layered DVD. Noticed that the day I bought it when it came out.

I know that this game should have come out by now or recently, but I haven't seen it anywhere. EB, BB, GS, Fry's, etc. Anyone know where it's at?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I know that this game should have come out by now or recently, but I haven't seen it anywhere. EB, BB, GS, Fry's, etc. Anyone know where it's at?[/QUOTE] I have only seen it at Fry's. I have no idea why none of the department or electronics stores have received it. It makes me wonder how large or small a print run it will have. I'd rather get it later after a price drop, but will it stay around long enough for said price drop...?

I loved the original Wild Arms (I love the whole series) - and I'm having a lot of fun with Alter Code: F. For some perspective, I'm just coming off of Dragon Quest 8 and Wild Arms is great.. but it sure is no Dragon Quest.

Saw Wild Arms Code Alter F for $40 new at Gamestop today. The used price should be $35 now and the EB Games website confirms that used price although the new price still shows $50 for some reason.

This Gamestop also still had Romancing Saga for $20 but I've seen the price moved back up at other ones. The website had used copies for $18 a week or so ago but now shows $35.

bread's done
Back