Will 3 red rings debacle sink Microsoft this generation?

They arent putting the new chipset yet but they are putting new heatcinks in to make it run cooler. Personally I think the Wii isnt great. My brother has one and it gets boring fast

[quote name='DJSteel']i see no value in the core...i'm hoping more people see it that way..[/QUOTE]

If they pack it with a memory card for $199 then it's a hell of a deal for people who don't care about downloading demos or arcade games.

$200 for a great system with a lot of games.

I'd probably still go with the Premium as I want to get demos etc., but for those not interested in that it's a good deal.

not really it isn't....200 for the system..plus you NEED memory cards...by the time the smoke clears you almost bought a premium...

That's why I said it would be a deal IF the rumor about a memory card being packed in for $200 is true.

Without an included memory card, it's still a rip off.

Although with the Core's wired controller you don't have to buy batteries or a charger for it. That knocks a bit off the memory card price if you wind up having to get one.

Regardless, it seems like MS is doing pretty much everything it can to remedy the whole "360s are breaking alot" problem. I mean, what can they do that they aren't? Preemptively send all 360 owners another system so that when the first one breaks they won't have to wait 4-6 weeks to play 360 games again? That seems unlikely.

[quote name='DJSteel']i never had a nintendo break...[/QUOTE]

No problems w/ my SNES (bundled w/ a link to the past) through the N64 - but I had a gamecube that would freeze mid game almost like a pc. My next gamecube did the same thing, my ex pawned it for drugs behind my back though. The 3rd gamecube I had I bought on black friday w/ the mario kart/extra controller bundle, but I sent it in to get the digital audio out when I got my lcd - I never tested it, and now I'm in China and that gamecube is sitting at home collecting dust.

[quote name='Halo05']Although with the Core's wired controller you don't have to buy batteries or a charger for it. That knocks a bit off the memory card price if you wind up having to get one.
[/QUOTE]

Good point. Not an issue for me as I have a lot of rechargeable batteries anyway and need a wireless controller as I sit 11 feet or so from my TV. But the batteries etc. are definitely an extra expense to be factored in for some who may not need a wireless controller.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Good point. Not an issue for me as I have a lot of rechargeable batteries anyway and need a wireless controller as I sit 11 feet or so from my TV. But the batteries etc. are definitely an extra expense to be factored in for some who may not need a wireless controller.[/quote]

ehh..plus you get the charge and play stuff..

[quote name='DJSteel']ehh..plus you get the charge and play stuff..[/QUOTE]

In the premium? I don't think so. Maybe in the Elite.

[quote name='DJSteel']no I mean you can purchase that and not worry too much about batteries...[/QUOTE]

True. I just wouldn't need it as I have a ton of rechargable batteries around for my camera's, Wii Remotes and Wavebirds etc. etc.

bread's done
Back