Will a "fatty" power cable, TV cable work with the slim?

donut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Fatty died, and can buy a slim (console only) for $15
I know the controllers will be fine, just want to make sure the power cord and TV cable will work...(bit of a drive to buy the slim)...

Thank you

I have a fat and a slim and the power cable from the fat will *not* work with a slim - it is a different plug. The video cables are the same, however, and will work.

[quote name='crunchewy']I have a fat and a slim and the power cable from the fat will *not* work with a slim - it is a different plug. The video cables are the same, however, and will work.[/quote]

thanks a bunch! all I needed to know.
love you guys!

Ack. Now I'm not so sure. :) The plugs going in the PS2 are different, but I was just looking on the web about this and it may be that you can just use the cord portion of the slim (not the brick.) I'll check into this tonight and report back unless someone else provides the definitive answer in the mean time.

[quote name='crunchewy']Ack. Now I'm not so sure. :) The plugs going in the PS2 are different, but I was just looking on the web about this and it may be that you can just use the cord portion of the slim (not the brick.) I'll check into this tonight and report back unless someone else provides the definitive answer in the mean time.[/quote]

thanks again.
Could someone pretty please check? I do not have a way to but need to get back to the seller ASAP.

Sorry - I deleted that post because then I realized that it was obviously wrong. The slim PS2 has a power brick. The fat doesn't - it's just a cord. You aren't going to be able to plug the fat cord into the slim - you need the power brick. You could probably plug it into the slim's power brick, but I'd have to check that. In any case, you'd need the power brick.

Never mind. called my gal at Gamestop (she's very patient with me...lol)
The fatty (one piece) and slim (two piece) power cords are not compatible.
New slim power chords are $20 new but she had a used one for $4!
(and is holding it for me)

Thanks again to the members who took time to try and answer my question.
All the best!

P.S. I just saw a wii play (only 1 unit) for $30.xx on amazon warhouse deals just a few minutes ago (free shipping, no tax) just in case someone wants it....

If I were you I'd call back and have them verify that it is more than just a cable (i.e. is the power brick too), and really is for the slim PS2. I'm guessing that is a fat PS2 power cord.

[quote name='crunchewy']If I were you I'd call back and have them verify that it is more than just a cable (i.e. is the power brick too), and really is for the slim PS2. I'm guessing that is a fat PS2 power cord.[/quote]

Yeah, I got a feeling that it's a power cord for a fat one too. Those are around that price, while the slim ones(the ones with a power brick) are about $12.99 used and that's 3rd party. Although it could've been someone that entered it wrong into the system.

bread's done
Back