Will Apple discount the previous gen iPod nano?

tcatsninfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
OK, so they announced the new iPod nanos yesterday and those are supposed to start shipping next week, which means they should be in stores next week too.

My question is this: will they discount the current generation nanos to get rid of old stock and, if so, would the discount be decent or just like 10%?

I know they do this with computers all the time...I know numerous people who have saved hundreds of dollars on Macs because they bought an older one right after the new version was announced. I don't know how much they'd be discounting the nanos though, if at all. It'd be great if the discount fairly decent. The 16GB is usually $180 but I'd probably pull the trigger if they dropped it down to $130.

I am wondering this as well. The prices really haven't dropped yet. I'm going to keep watching over the next couple of weeks.

My local Best Buy and Meijer stores have had the previous gen hardware discounted for about a week. As for Apple, I believe they move all the old iPods to the refurb store and sell it discounted as refurbished, even though they're still brand new.

bread's done
Back