will Blockbuster carry Old Boy?

they have it up for queue on their online site so they should have a copy of it in-store. I know my blockbuster usually has one copy for really niche films(ichi the killer comes to mind).

I work there and i can tell you that we are a mid to large store and we got in about ten copies!!!(We get movies in a few weeks early) I couldn't believe it but there it was! Hopefully your local store will have a few too.

I think this completely depends on the store. Apparently you guys all have good Blockbusters that actually carry movies. Everyone that I have ever been in have just had ten copies of new releases and barely anything else.

Maybe it's just the stores I have seen, but my rule of thumb is, if it is a movie you want to see, Blockbuster will not have it.

Blockbuster normally carries Tartan releases. I've seen A Tale of Two Sisters there and considering Oldboy is a bigger release im sure they will have a couple of copies of it on both DVD and UMD for PSP.

I see on ur profile that ur from Chicago, so I'm pretty sure they will carry it there. I stay in one of them small towns in the south and they don't carry any of these foreign movies at all. I have Oldboy on my queue list, hopefully I get it by wednesday. The last asian movie I rented from netflix, it took a couple of days to come in and it had to be sent all the way from their San Jose distribution place.

Yeah, I think most of the time it all depends on the store and the location. When I was at college (in a small college town), the local Blockbuster there was about mid-size I guess and carried alot of foreign or indepednent films and even a decent amount of anime releases. Lots of college kid would rent those titles. But when I moved back home (a much bigger city, but much older population) the nearest blockbuster is actually a little bigger, but carries hardly any foreign/independent films and even less anime. I could be wrong but I think the stores probably order in whatever they think their typical customers will rent. Hopefully my local one will get in at least 1 or 2 copies.

forgot about this thread-- thanks for the help guys. The one near me got 4.

bread's done
Back