Will circuit city price match a website?

Depends on the store. Most seem to, but there's a chance they'll turn you down.

You'll just have to try it...Sorry I can't give a better answer.

Haven't gone yet, I will respond tommorow night. As soon as I get home from there I will post (even before I open my stuff up). That is how much I care about CAG, lol.

I bought my network adaptor (PS2) at Best Buy right when it came out. EBgames.com started running a deal a week or so later that gave away a free copy of EQOA with the adaptor. I brought in a printout and my receipt, and I got the game for free.

[quote name='Garcia5Owens81']Will circuit city price match if the item isn't in stock at the store (the online printout says sold out)?[/quote]

if your trying to get the star wars/ tetris game good luck! But hey lets us know if it works. And i would be happy to sell out for one if you can get some!

Actually I am trying to PM a xbox live starter kit that KBtoys.com had for $39.97

No good for x-tras, but if it works for me should work for you.

I just did a pricematch yesterday at CC (Splinter Cell: PT, match with CompUSA). It took about 20 minutes, because even though they had the local ad in hand, they had to contact the store to verify availability (they were unable to do so, and eventually just took the Compusa website's word for it that they had them in-store). YMMV, but my CCs will not match a website if there is not a local store that has the item in stock at the advertised price.

Edit: The CSR did mention that the rules are less stringent if the difference in price is less than $10.

Well, some stuff came up so I wasn't able to go and get it all until last night. Anyways, CC DOES PRICE MATCH WEBSITES. If they tell you they don't then they are lying. They have a whole god damn list of websites in there computers (I saw it as he was looking for kbtoys.com). Anyways I got the starter kit, counter-strike, and pgr2 for $109.

Just to clear up any confusion. Circuit City as a company is not obligated to match any websites other than circuitcity.com. If they do happen to do it they are doing so on a case by case basis and just giving you good customer service. If they really wanted to hold to the actual policy it is any advertised in stock item at a local retailer. The price match policy does not apply to limited time only, limited stock, only at certain locations, etc. Just wanted to clear this up.

This is taken directly from circuitcity.com:

Nothing's worse than paying too much. That's why we do everything in our power to make sure you don't pay a penny more than you should for anything you buy at Circuit City. If you've seen a lower advertised price from a local store with the same item in stock, we want to know about it. Bring it to our attention, and we'll gladly beat their price by 10% of the difference. Even after your Circuit City purchase, if you see a lower advertised price (including our own sale prices) within 30 days, we'll refund 110% of the difference.

Our policy applies only to advertised prices. It does not apply to special offers or promotions, including rebates, free-with-purchase offers and special financing. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide price matches online, so please visit the closest Circuit City store in order to take advantage of our Price Match Plus Guarantee.

Well, I don't know. The guy didn't even ask any questions about it either. He was just like, yeah we will price match it, no problem at all. Coolest CC employee ever.

I know the one CC near me would price match their website, because back at the day-after-Thanksgiving fiasco last year I missed the chance to get Red Faction 2 (GC) for $9.99 on their website. I figured I would try to price match in-store, since it was the same company, so I printed the exact page and took it with me. Saw the game on the shelf for $29.96, and asked one of the employees if the store would price match this. He pretty much said they can do that, just show the printout. Luckily, I didn't even need the printout as the price rung up as $9.96.

So, to sum it up, they will price match their company's website, basically because they're so slow at changing the stickers on the package. If you see it cheap on their site, just try and find the game in store and ask an associate to "check if the price is still current". It will most likely show up as the price as you saw it on the website on their computer.

bread's done
Back