Will Crymson's Truck Pass Smog Testing Tomorrow?

Crymson

CAGiversary!

Passed smog by one point last check, and has been detuned again to reach acceptable California Smog levels. I'm going to try and give my car a little advantage by dumping a gallon of oxygenates(ethanol denatured with methanol) in my fuel, at a 1 to 3 ratio.

16 views, one vote... Why do I even bother asking, its a simple yes or no question the car passed last time by one point, you think its gonna pass again 2 years later?

15 mph|Max HC 151_MEAS 69|Max CO 1.10_MEAS 0.03|MAX NO 1155_MEAS 1780| FAIL
25 mph|Max HC 123_MEAS 27|Max CO 1.40_MEAS 0.01|MAX NO 1259_MEAS 789| PASS

First station I took it to actually refused to test the vehicle because "It looks like a kit car." Second station did a 30 minute visual inspection b4 actually getting down to it, and my car is a gross polluter at 15 mph. NOx emissions are caused by high combustion temperatures, most vehicles get away with it by having two catalytic converters, mine has one. I've got two options to fix the problem, either get a second cat, or a water/alcohol injection system. Notice how low the HC and CO's were compared to the maximum allowable, thats from the gasohol blend I was running.

Might as well take the platinum out of your catalytic converter and sell it.

Figured out the problem, timing was advanced a few degrees out of spec. Problem is now, the smog station closes at 3 p.m. which gives me 20 minutes which is impossible, now I have to wait till next week.

Dude, the rules and laws are in place to help keep the enviorment safe for, not only you and your childern but their chidlren's children.

But I don't condone children having sex.

bread's done
Back