Will ether one of these pc's be able to run COD4 modern warfare 2?

Deagle814

CAGiversary!
Would ether one of these pc's be able to run call of duty 4 modern warfare 2 if I upgrade the graphics card of course to a much better one which I will.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...0124806&catid=

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...0117822&catid=

If so which one would run it better and is the better one for gaming? The first one or second one?

Now I don't have much to spend here on a pc
frown.gif
so please do not recommend me another pc other then these 2.

Thank you

I'm not familiar with ATI Radeon graphics cards, but I'm sure that the first computer will definitely be able to play Modern Warfare 2 on at least it's low to maybe medium specs. Since a lot of games usually aim for 2.2 processor, 2gb ram and a general Geforce graphics card. I'm not sure, but I think the first one would be able to handle it.

If you HAVE to buy one of those two, definitely get the second one.

However, you could build yourself a much better PC though. If you are interested, post your Budget in the Build-A-PC thread that is stickied on this forum.

Neither have their own dedicated GPU, so you'd wind up playing on low settings with like 15FPS, maybe 25 if you're lucky. Like mentioned, you'd be better off building a PC (its really not that hard, if you can build Legos, you can build a PC). You could spend $500 or so and put together a rig that would not only run MW2, but you'd be able to turn eye candy on and get some nice frames so its actually playable.

[quote name='SEH']Neither have their own dedicated GPU, so you'd wind up playing on low settings with like 15FPS, maybe 25 if you're lucky. Like mentioned, you'd be better off building a PC (its really not that hard, if you can build Legos, you can build a PC). You could spend $500 or so and put together a rig that would not only run MW2, but you'd be able to turn eye candy on and get some nice frames so its actually playable.[/QUOTE]The thing is I have no idea on how to build a pc and even if I did I'd have to buy and os which would cost me and extra 100-200$.

Anyways like I said in my original post though I would upgrade the graphics card definitely and the ram as I have a store next to me that could install graphic cards and add ram for me.So with that in mind which would be the better one to buy? Which has the better cpu for gaming?

Thanks

So you're basically spending $430 for a processor, neither of which even being that good?

If you're uncomfortable building a rig, why not order the parts and take it to that store by you and have them assemble it? You'd probably wind up spending $550-$600 on parts (with an OS), plus whatever they charge to assemble it. Even if it totaled $650 or so, it'd still be cheaper/better than buying one of those crappy things plus buying a separate video card and more RAM. You'd just wind up paying more for a crappy system.

I threw this together in about five minutes. You'd get very nice performance out of this.

54536429.jpg

^^^ - Right click > view image

It'd allow you to run MW2 with some nice settings and get playable frames. You'll also be able to run pretty much every other PC game on the market just fine as well. Also, assuming that its a PC store near you (and not a major chain store), ask them about setting everything up for you, and what they charge for an OS (sometimes they'll hook you up).

It never pays to buy pre-made.

54536429.jpg

The second comp is much better but you will also need a new power supply(~$50-$100) to handle a dedicated graphics card.

Like the others have said building your own would probably be your best choice here but if you must choose between these avoid the first one at all costs.

Like others have said, the second computer is much better, but you'll need to upgrade the power supply (~$60 CAD) and upgrade to a dedicated graphic card (~$100 CAD). So if you add them up, you're looking to spend around $600 CAD to play COD:MW2 with enjoyable settings. Keep that in mind, you'll have to mingle with computer parts inside your computer whether you're going to buy the whole computer or build. Though it seems like you're very uncomfortable with the idea of building.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Like others have said, the second computer is much better, but you'll need to upgrade the power supply (~$60 CAD) and upgrade to a dedicated graphic card (~$100 CAD). So if you add them up, you're looking to spend around $600 CAD to play COD:MW2 with enjoyable settings. Keep that in mind, you'll have to mingle with computer parts inside your computer whether you're going to buy the whole computer or build. Though it seems like you're very uncomfortable with the idea of building.[/QUOTE]Ok I'll go with the second one.Do you known a good place/site where I could get a good power supply for 60$ cdn?

The reason why I don't want to build a pc is because I have no idea how and don't want to take risks or break anything.And it would have no os included.

[quote name='Deagle814']Ok I'll go with the second one.Do you known a good place/site where I could get a good power supply for 60$ cdn?

The reason why I don't want to build a pc is because I have no idea how and don't want to take risks or break anything.And it would have no os included.[/QUOTE]

Did you look at my post, it has an OS in there. I'm telling you, you're doing nothing but costing yourself more cash than whats necessary. You'll have to get a good quality PSU, a GPU, and possibly a new case (the GPU may be too big). Plus, the thing comes pre-loaded with all kinds of bloatware. Like I said man, if you can put together Legos, you can put a PC together.

[quote name='Deagle814']Ok I'll go with the second one.Do you known a good place/site where I could get a good power supply for 60$ cdn?

The reason why I don't want to build a pc is because I have no idea how and don't want to take risks or break anything.And it would have no os included.[/QUOTE]

www.newegg.ca is a good place to look for a video card. Something like this 500W power supply and this 4850 video card will allow you to play COD6 with high details.

[quote name='SEH']Did you look at my post, it has an OS in there. I'm telling you, you're doing nothing but costing yourself more cash than whats necessary. You'll have to get a good quality PSU, a GPU, and possibly a new case (the GPU may be too big). Plus, the thing comes pre-loaded with all kinds of bloatware. Like I said man, if you can put together Legos, you can put a PC together.[/QUOTE]

Heh... I wouldn't really recommend him to build a computer if he has never done it before, and is afraid to tackle it. Just because we've done it, and it's easy for us, doesn't mean it'll be easy and anybody can do it.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']www.newegg.ca is a good place to look for a video card. Something like this 500W power supply and this 4850 video card will allow you to play COD6 with high details.

Heh... I wouldn't really recommend him to build a computer if he has never done it before, and is afraid to tackle it. Just because we've done it, and it's easy for us, doesn't mean it'll be easy and anybody can do it.[/QUOTE]

I guess, but that's how I learned. I bought the parts and just got to work. Its not like its rocket science. Everything pretty much has one place to go unless you really try jamming stuff into places it clearly isn't supposed to go. I do agree though, it can seem overwhelming at first.

[quote name='SEH']I guess, but that's how I learned. I bought the parts and just got to work. Its not like its rocket science. Everything pretty much has one place to go unless you really try jamming stuff into places it clearly isn't supposed to go. I do agree though, it can seem overwhelming at first.[/QUOTE]

But I do think it might be a good idea if he takes all the loose parts he bought from newegg.ca to a mom & pop shop and have them assemble the computer for him. Probably will be $50 or so, just like your ballpark.

Then of course, installing Windows and drivers will be another story.

[quote name='E_G_Man']Just out of curiosity, are you planning on buying a video card right away?[/QUOTE]Once I sell my dsi, or before cod4 modern warfare 2 launches.

[quote name='SEH']Did you look at my post, it has an OS in there. I'm telling you, you're doing nothing but costing yourself more cash than whats necessary. You'll have to get a good quality PSU, a GPU, and possibly a new case (the GPU may be too big). Plus, the thing comes pre-loaded with all kinds of bloatware. Like I said man, if you can put together Legos, you can put a PC together.[/QUOTE]Yes, I did.It's just that I'm not sure about building a pc.I'm not a patient person lol and I'd be scared to screw something up.Also the total of those pc parts you showed me was on newegg.com which means it's in U.S money.So in canadian that would be more than 650$ canadian.

Another advantage I see in buying a premade one is i'll get windows 7 for free and a 1 year warranty for the pc.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']www.newegg.ca is a good place to look for a video card. Something like this 500W power supply and this 4850 video card will allow you to play COD6 with high details.

Heh... I wouldn't really recommend him to build a computer if he has never done it before, and is afraid to tackle it. Just because we've done it, and it's easy for us, doesn't mean it'll be easy and anybody can do it.[/QUOTE]Thanks a bunch for the links man :) I'm going to order both of those once I sell my dsi which should be very soon.

FYI I had no pc experience whatsoever (having used macs for the past decade) and built a complete (and badass I might add) PC in a day. The wiring was the only real hurdle but the people on CAG were a huge help and I think that if I could build a pc, you could as well. And there are sometimes deals where if you buy a motherboard or cpu, newegg will throw in a free os.

You would be much better off building your own for that $400 you could buy a clunker uprgrade it with this mother board and processor (a AMD Phenom 9750 2.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor) A $100 video card and 4 gb of ram, and that's with just taking a quick look around new egg.
It looks like after buying all the stuff you need for that comp its going to cost you atleast 650, for 720 you can get
CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2014 Phenom II X4 945(3.0GHz) 4GB DDR2 500GB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit (With Windows 7 Upgrade Coupon

the only thing you need is a moniter which you should be able to get for $5 at a salvation army.

they are both junk, especially for the prices they are charging. They are both worth half the price they are being sold at, at most.

[quote name='Deagle814']Hey I just found this one and I think I can buy it.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10124913&catid=#

Is it better than the 2 previous ones?[/QUOTE]

It's just slightly better than the 2nd computer you linked, but still far from being able to run COD:MW2 or other recent games smoothly. You still need to drop another $150 - $200 or so to upgrade the computer in order to play games the way they're meant to be played. You shouldn't be looking at that site anymore for a 'gaming computer', none of their computers under $800 can run games. Even their $1200 computers have crappy video card that will likely require an upgrade.

[quote name='itachiitachi']http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229110
This one is in Canada and has about the same specs as the one philly recommend. does cost $600 though.[/QUOTE]

Well it's not much more because the first one was in USD and this one CAD.

This is not a good way to go about getting a gaming pc. You will need to spend a lot more because you will need a new vid card AND psu.

If you don't want to build your own, check out one of those sites that you choose the components and they build it for you. It will be a little cheaper than doing it like this I think.

last newegg beats the FS ones, at least now (maybe the price was more in late aug?)

Original Price: $583.49
You Save: $54.00
$529.49

& MAY leave you open to add like a 4850 without killing the psu

Eh, not so much. $500 CAD is a super tight budget for a gaming PC. I don't like newegg.ca, you pay expensive shipping and its brought in from the states so you pay duties or whatever. I much prefer ncix.com, they are located in BC so unless you are also in BC, you only pay 5% sales tax. They will build the PC for you for $50 as well. NCIX also price matches. I just built a new PC this past week with parts from NCIX.com, almost every item was price matched lower as well.

Here is a good thread, by CAG's own Firestorm ;), on building a budget gaming rig for us Canucks. http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760568

EDIT: Didn't see the 2nd page so some of the stuff I said might be out of whack or something. If you are set on buying pre-built, that one from newegg is good, just be careful with shipping costs and tax.

Wasn't Cyberpower PC the company that had all the customer service problems? Like crap was breaking and they would give you the run around until the warranty expired

[quote name='Deagle814']Hey how's this one from newegg?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229117

This is like the max I can pay for the pc itself.[/QUOTE]Update, I ended up getting this one.Bought team fortress and it plays it on max.

Also I ended up deciding though that I'll buy cod4 mod2 on the 360 though instead lol.But it's great to have a new pc as my previous one was a very very old pc (bought it in 2000-2001)

bread's done
Back