Will Gamecube memory cards work on Wii?

RomaVictor

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone, I searched for a related topic but found nothing. Does anyone know if my save data on my Gamecube memory card can be uploaded to Wii?

Thanks in advance.

Nintendo-revolution5.jpg

There will be SD slots, but those aren't them (They're Gamecube controller ports and memory card slots). If those were the size of an SD slot that would make the relative size of the Wii at around that of a PDA :p.

EDIT: To TBW, I haven't heard anything about them taking them off.

I just hope that you'll be able to transfer the saves to the internal memory or an SD and save to that (I guess they'd have to make a virtual memory card so the games would be able to utilize it). And I also hope wavebirds will work without the receiver, but I probably just have high hopes...

God damnit, you gotta warn me when there are pictures of the Wii case, because now I feel worse than I did before (not a big deal, since I am at work) about not having one... :(

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Anyone else thinks its kind of dumb that the controller ports are on top?[/QUOTE]

I do. Especially if you take into consideration that i don't think the wavebird can work with it the way it's designed. The part that receives the signal (plugs into the gamecube/wii) will most certainly hit the flap that comes up. There has to be some type of redesign.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Anyone else thinks its kind of dumb that the controller ports are on top?[/quote]
That's the SIDE. :p Am I the only one who doesn't plan on putting this thing vertical??

[quote name='mcelfour']That's the SIDE. :p Am I the only one who doesn't plan on putting this thing vertical??[/QUOTE]

Even so, we've always been accostomed to the controller ports being on the same side as the game slot so it'll be real strange to insert the disc on on one side, and have the cables running off the other side. I guess that really isn't Nintendo's priority however, since they are mostly just there for backward's compatibility purposes, but games like SSB are set to use it also.

I'd be surprised. Seems like they would want to force people to buy memory. Not that I support such a decision but I could see it happening.

[quote name='basketkase543']Even so, we've always been accostomed to the controller ports being on the same side as the game slot so it'll be real strange to insert the disc on on one side, and have the cables running off the other side. I guess that really isn't Nintendo's priority however, since they are mostly just there for backward's compatibility purposes, but games like SSB are set to use it also.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no kidding. It seems like the way the Wii is set up now, it would cause some headaches for people with cabinet setups. Since like you said, you have to insert the disc on one side, and controllers on the other. Most people have barely enough room as it is in their home theater set-ups, that this could be a pain.

I'll try and find the article later (I think it was a fairly recent interview w/Reggie or Shiggy) but I think they said something about wavebird support.

Don't know if receivers are built in or what but that looks to be the only option since there doesn't appear to be room for them on the ports.

[quote name='deadlite']I'll try and find the article later (I think it was a fairly recent interview w/Reggie or Shiggy) but I think they said something about wavebird support.

Don't know if receivers are built in or what but that looks to be the only option since there doesn't appear to be room for them on the ports.[/quote]

Wiimotes are wireless. I'd just assume they'd use same technology for wavebirds. Just set the wavebird channel to the respective player number.

bread's done
Back