Will I Like the DS?

n4styn4t3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I bought a DSi XL last week during the Overstock.com 30% Bing Cashback on a whim. I had a PSP but really disliked the controls and couldn't get into it. My DS comes tomorrow and I'm just wondering if anyone likes the DS that doesn't like the PSP.

It's basically my Dragon Quest machine right now. There's really nothing else coming out that interested me since the last two games. I play my PSP with its library of ported RPGs much more.

Then again, the 360 is my Rock Band system, so take that as you will.

I don't dislike the PSP, but I don't own one either, and I could easily afford it.

I LOVE my DS.

I guess the thing with PSP for me is that those types of games I like better on the console. I'm not looking for open world 3D gaming on a portable. I'm not looking for God of War, or Gran Turismo on my work commute.

I love the DS style of game, 2D, slower paced gaming. I love DragonQuest, and Pokemon, Castlevania, Puzzlequest, etc.

I love the DS more than my PSP, but the PSP gets more love atm because of one stupid little game: Lumines.

I have a ton of beautiful games for the DS, don't me wrong. Also, I believe that the DS has a stronger game library than the PSP (well, games that I would enjoy anyways). But right now, the PSP is in my backpack ready to go places, and my DS is collecting dust in the media shelf.

Damn Lumines.

Anyways, what about the PSP controller did you not like?

What about the controls did you dislike? the analog nub? The DS only has a d-pad. It also has stylus controls for many games.

The DS has an incredible game library. Unless you dislike portable gaming, you should be fine.

The PSP has more games, and probably, in the minds of many, better games. But the controls over extended periods can break your fingers in place :rofl:

The DS uses the touchscreen/duel screen thing as...well, it kinda feels like it is forced onto some games. But I do like it, its just a slight lack of games that IMO keeps it from being as good as the PSP.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']The PSP has more games, and probably, in the minds of many, better games. But the controls over extended periods can break your fingers in place :rofl:

The DS uses the touchscreen/duel screen thing as...well, it kinda feels like it is forced onto some games. But I do like it, its just a slight lack of games that IMO keeps it from being as good as the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Umm... the DS's library is over twice the size of the PSP's library, if not 3 times as big, and the amount of games the % of good games may be greater on the psp but that's only because the psp gets maybe 2 games a month whereas the ds gets about 5-6, so yes the chances are much higher that a new PSP game will be a good one, but the sheer number of good games on the ds is still higher (number, not percentage.)

I own both, and honestly I only really ever use the psp to check email. I can't stand the tiny control nub, and not a fan of playing "big" games on such a small screen. The ds...meh...I have a R4 card, so I get to try out just about every game released and I really only play Bookworm and Picross with it. I'm glad to have both, but just not a fan of the games on them.

The DS has games that almost everyone could love. There's no mistake about getting one, just need to find the right games for yourself.

For JRPG's, the titles for the DS far-outnumber the PSP.
And there are plenty of puzzle games to test your skills.

bread's done
Back