will mOOp's Music Protest stop u from downloading music ?

it might have made me think twice about it, but i can't really remember because it was last year when the episode was new.

you're a litte late on this one.

[quote name='thatstoobad']it might have made me think twice about it, but i can't really remember because it was last year when the episode was new.

you're a litte late on this one.[/quote]

what are you talking about...
:roll:

You missed the point of the episode...

"Kyle realizes they were so wrapped up in trying to protect their music they forgot to just play. Real artists play for the love of music, not the money. Moop ends their strike; the other artists that joined them confess that they are only in it for the money." -Episode Summary

If you want to support artists, go to concerts. Thats where their money is made. They don't see a dime from cd's. The record industry gives them a small percentage, they frequently underreport earnings and underpay their cut, and many production and promotional costs are charged against the artist's share. So in the end, they often get nothing.

I'll never buy a music CD again in my life unless its directly from the artist.

Now, if your point was about getting caught, then you're just paranoid. The FBI will not be knocking on your door. They stopped sueing people in Dec 03 after they lost a court case to Verizon. The subpoena's were not legal anyway since they were issued in DC and not your state. Even if they did sue you, you are not arrested, the FBI does not knock on your door, the most that happens is you appear in civil court, which you wouldn't have to if you fought the subpoena at the state level anyway.

You're referencing an episode that came out last October anyway. Though I'm hoping your just being sarcastic anyway.

[quote name='dafoomie']
I'll never buy a music CD again in my life unless its directly from the artist.
[/quote]

ill go even further than that, i dont buy bands cds anymore. but i always buy t-shirts, pins, hoodies and whatnot (online and at shows) people need to support smaller bands, but people dont realize you can pirate music and still support the artist.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'll never buy a music CD again in my life unless its directly from the artist.[/quote]
i pretty much only buy cds used, which i guess is about as effective as downloading them, since only the seller sees any money. call me old fashioned, but i like having the artwork and whatnot.

[quote name='Smell']thatstoobad

look at my avatar[/quote]
edit: since i now know it is a chinpokomon (thanks to some general assistance) at least i know you are referencing south park. still, that episode was a while ago.

i pretty much only buy cds used, which i guess is about as effective as downloading them, since only the seller sees any money. call me old fashioned, but i like having the artwork and whatnot.

I collect games so I know where you're coming from. I'm not a big enough music fan to bother though.

Almost bought my 1st cd in years when I was at Strawberries buying a game, they had racks and racks of 99 cent cd's. Nothing I liked though. Wasn't all crap but maybe 90% crap.

bread's done
Back