will nintendo refund my money on wii ware accident?

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']I'm sure that if you call and give a lot of attitude, they'll not only refund your points, but give you even more. So go forth and let Nintendo know who the boss is. Remember: if they say 'no,' that's just a sign that they want to play hardball.[/quote]

This is a step in the right direction.

[quote name='weirdbeverage']Bring a gun into the corporate offices in Seattle, point it to Reggie's head, and let him know who's boss.

Someone on another forum tried that when he downloaded Age of Booty even though he knew it would suck and told himself beforehand repeatedly not to download it. Well, long story short, his friend gave him a call when he was messing around in the menus. He clicked download -> yes, are you sure?->yes, click to begin download and finalize transaction->click, agree to terms->yes. Before he knew it the game was downloading and there was nothing he could do to stop it - INCLUDING trying to short circuit his Wii.[/quote]

Did he try pouring water on his Wii? I heard that will erase all evidence of the transaction.

[quote name='pacemakerguy']alright it's over damn[/QUOTE]

Did you you call and ask for your refund? Only then will it truly be over.

OP. be sure to do research on these games before you download.
It sucks that we don't have demos, but it is what it is.

We have TWO threads: The Wii Shop Channel Thread and the "Recommend Games" thread. There are 2 places where you can ask questions about games.. Do that there. Don't make threads anymore asking about these games, it's stupid and annoying. If you were to start a thread for a game at LEAST make it worth the space it's taking up on CAG.

So from now on do your research. If a game looks like a game you will like and other people have said they liked it..then download at your own risk. There are quite a few games I downloaded and have been totally unimpressed. But whatever.

I have to say I have kinda enjoyed this thread. The OP is a riot without even trying. If you need some more entertainment, please consult his blog... I think the entry titled "How my ex-girlfriend dumbed me!" (just the title, not the entry itself) provides the explanation why he cannot identify when the forum spell check tool tells him he cannot spell well enough to save his life.

lol....

Man, pacemaker, just give it a break...
You clicked yes about 3 times, Nintendo isn't going to give you back your money...

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']lol....

Man, pacemaker, just give it a break...
You clicked yes about 3 times, Nintendo isn't going to give you back your money...[/quote]
i knwo i called. i don't get y this thread has gone out this far. just drop this i know i don't care about ti anyway

I just thought I would take the liberty of bumping this thread so people could view the sheer greatness of it's contents before its inevitable deletion.

Dude I don't know if I should be more sorry about your mishap on purchasing the Wii ware or your lack of common sense =P Overall what a riot!

[quote name='youbastards']Dear Gas Company,

I accidentally over-cooked a frozen pizza in my oven, and it tasted like shit.
Please credit me for the amount of gas I used on that pizza, and the pizza itself.

Sincerely,
YOUBASTARDS[/quote]

Come and get your award for best reenactment of this whole ordeal.

To clarify, Nintendo does credit your new Wii under certain circumstances:

1) Under no circumstance should you de-register or delete your previous account on the Wii Shop Channel. Doing that gets rid of your transaction history. In other words, you fucked yourself over royally.

2) Keeping the above in mind, Nintendo will transfer your VC titles if your Wii is broken and you bought a new one or if they replace it themselves. It generally requires both consoles serial numbers (that's how accounts are kept tabbed). It really helps to link your My Nintendo membership to your Wii, it'll speed it up.

3) Once again, follow #1. If you de-register or wipe out your account on the WSC, you're fucked. It says so in the print, take the time to read the damn thing.

As for the OP, LAWL! Be more careful next time and suck up the losses, you just learned a very good lesson in the book of life. :D

Welcome to CAG! :)

Whoever set that tag is made of awesome.

Welcome, pacemakerguy. Since you've already payed for it, you might as well spend more than a few seconds with it. In my opinion, it's a really great game.

[quote name='lmz00']Who in their right mind would delete this thread? If anything, it deserves a sticky.[/QUOTE]
We've all been in his shoes, on the phone with a friend...Does he want the game? Should I press "download", and then "yes", and then "confirm" when it asks the third and final time?
It's a split second decision with major ramifications that can't be undone, that could tragically ruin the rest of your afternoon.
It can happen to everyone. But with proper education, you too can prevent "accidental downloading".

bread's done
Back