will NTSC-J Games work??

not unless it's specified as region free.
NTSC-J is just the japanese version of a game, and japan happens to share the same video standard as the U.S.

[quote name='aniousjoe']not unless it's specified as region free.
NTSC-J is just the japanese version of a game, and japan happens to share the same video standard as the U.S.[/QUOTE]

IF there's an American version of the game to begin with.

[quote name='Sarang01']IF there's an American version of the game to begin with.[/quote]

i should've made it into seperate sentences. the "ntsc" part is a video standard shared in many regions and countries (japan and u.s. included). the "-j" part just means that it's the japanese (in this case) version. to say something is "ntsc-j" means you CAN play the game on u.s. television sets, but because of region lockouts, ONLY on a japanese 360

There is no region free Japanese games. Sometimes the Asian version might be but not the Japanese version.

I noticed that you could buy NTSC-J, Asian, and rebadged NTSC (US) 360 games in Singapore, all at relatively similar price points. I hesitated to buy any of them because of my US 360. I'm tempted to buy an Asian 360 so I don't have to deal with territory lockout.

[quote name='daphatty']I noticed that you could buy NTSC-J, Asian, and rebadged NTSC (US) 360 games in Singapore, all at relatively similar price points. I hesitated to buy any of them because of my US 360. I'm tempted to buy an Asian 360 so I don't have to deal with territory lockout.[/QUOTE]

Do it! MS is basically encouraging people to with the cheaper Asian versions of Western games plus the Japan exclusive games you're locked out of if you have a U.S. 360. Seriously MS couldn't have handled this worse. I bought my Japanese 360 for two reasons: 1.I'm sick of MS thinking because I'm an American 360 owner that I fervently worship or masturbate to Halo or any FPS and shrug off any RPG or most Japanese developed games. 2.As stated above, why bother buying an American 360 when I can get all the Western games I AM interested in cheaper under the Asian versions, region locked or not?
Shit "Bullet Witch" so far is the ONLY American version of a 360 game translated to English that doesn't have an Asian counterpart. "Culdcept Saga" might be the only other one and was that delayed?
edit: 62t I thought ONE was not region free but worked in the U.S. I can't seem to find it right now thouh.

[quote name='Sarang01']Do it![/QUOTE]

The only thing holding me back are the Insane prices over there. The 360 has quite the markup. As such, I can't bring myself to bite that bullet knowing how failure prone the 360 hardware is.

I'm sick of MS thinking because I'm an American 360 owner that I fervently worship or masturbate to Halo...

I lol'd! :lol:

[quote name='daphatty']The only thing holding me back are the Insane prices over there. The 360 has quite the markup. As such, I can't bring myself to bite that bullet knowing how failure prone the 360 hardware is.

I lol'd! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Here's another one, give me a full, real game besides "Lumines" and "Puzzle Quest" on XBLA. Oh and SOTN. I would love to get a Watanabe game like "Cave Story" for instance. Or one of Nihon Falcom's remakes of Y's, maybe bundle Y's 1 and 2 up on XBLA. Here's another one, how about Cadash?

bread's done
Back