Will on-board graphics run WoW?

Mr. Anderson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
My video card fried itself long ago, and I just got WoW from that Amazon DotD. Will my Intel Graphics Xtreme crap run the game at all? I know it'll look like dook, but I'm dying to play!

Yes, it will run, you'll get about 5-15 fps in the game on low settings. This is from my personal experience and two of my friends who ran the game on shitty onboard graphics and 512 mb of ram.

I use the integrated graphics on my low end notebook to play wow and it works fine. I would suggest having at least 1gb of ram though. After I upgraded mine, it went from playable but bad fps, to playable decent fps.

It wont run all the effects at max but its still entirely playable with on board graphics and my card is probably not as nice as an integrated desktop card.

Wow, I'm amazed it runs at all. I was under the impression onboard graphics couldn't really do much at all for 3D games.

[quote name='Thongsy']Yes, it will run, you'll get about 5-15 fps in the game on low settings. This is from my personal experience and two of my friends who ran the game on shitty onboard graphics and 512 mb of ram.[/QUOTE]
not true, many onboard video cards will run WOW.

Not at optimal settings, but you can still have fun with it depending on your specs.

World of Warcraft
Publisher: Blizzard
Developer: Blizzard

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: 800 Mhz
Memory: 256 MB
Hard Drive: 4 GB Free
Video Memory: 32 MB
Sound Card: Direct X 9.0 Compatible
Direct X: 9.0
Keyboard & Mouse
CD/DVD Rom Drive
Internet access and monthly subscription REQUIRED TO PLAY

Any Fairly Recent Computer will run WOW.

[quote name='zatos']Wow, I'm amazed it runs at all. I was under the impression onboard graphics couldn't really do much at all for 3D games.[/QUOTE]

I think that use to be the case, but lately in the past couple of years the onboard has enough juice to run some of the older good games and some of the newer lowe req games just fine.

The 200m on my notebook can run a lot of games with the settings turned down just fine. You will really see a performance jump if you have a lot of ram though, 526mb was not enough to run many games smoothly but 1gb or more(I have 1.5gb) gives it just enough oomph to crank up the fps and run stuff adequately.

I can play age of empires 2, wow, anarchy online, any of the f2p mmorpgs, lots of rts games just fine with my integrated 200m.
As much as I hate blizzard's business practices and customer service, I have to say they were genius in making wow compatible with low end systems.

[quote name='Mattte']What server you playin on? Me (somewhat) and fons play on Agamaggon[/QUOTE]

Haven't even installed yet, but I'd love to play with you guys if it's cool. Is Agamaggon a PvP server? And thanks for the all the replies, guys. I have 1GB of RAM, so it probably would've ran, but luckily, I don't have to worry about it. I found an Radeon X600 on craigslist for $35 bucks, so I'll hopefully be playing with mid-range settings. w00t!

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Haven't even installed yet, but I'd love to play with you guys if it's cool. Is Agamaggon a PvP server? And thanks for the all the replies, guys. I have 1GB of RAM, so it probably would've ran, but luckily, I don't have to worry about it. I found an Radeon X600 on craigslist for $35 bucks, so I'll hopefully be playing with mid-range settings. w00t![/quote]

Yeah its PvP, we're on Alliance side too.

[quote name='Jewelz23']not true, many onboard video cards will run WOW.

Not at optimal settings, but you can still have fun with it depending on your specs.

World of Warcraft
Publisher: Blizzard
Developer: Blizzard

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: 800 Mhz
Memory: 256 MB
Hard Drive: 4 GB Free
Video Memory: 32 MB
Sound Card: Direct X 9.0 Compatible
Direct X: 9.0
Keyboard & Mouse
CD/DVD Rom Drive
Internet access and monthly subscription REQUIRED TO PLAY

Any Fairly Recent Computer will run WOW.[/quote]

I didn't say it wouldn't run, I just said you would probably get horrible framerates, and you will. Avoid the main cities as much as possible and you'll be fine if you can stand the low fps. One thing that did suck though was going on a FP, it would slow down so much.

Well, I haven't gotten my video card yet, but I tried to play last night and was plesantly surprised! Even without any kind of video card, I can run WoW at mid-range settings without sacrificing the frame rate. I'm impressed Blizzard allowed the game to be scaled so low. Anyway, I'm samuraifez, a night elf on Agamaggon. Also, here's another question for WoW buffs: I also have Burning Crusade. Should I install it now or later?

Unless you want to be a Draenai or Blood Elf all the content is for high levels in TBC. I would say hold off on opening and installing it to see how you like WoW first so than you could return the game if you don't like it.

[quote name='Thongsy']Unless you want to be a Draenai or Blood Elf all the content is for high levels in TBC. I would say hold off on opening and installing it to see how you like WoW first so than you could return the game if you don't like it.[/QUOTE]

Cool, that's what I figured. Thanks!

I bought a laptop last month with integrated intel graphics (no special nvidia or geforce) cards, and it runs WoW just fine. It's worth noting I dial down the resolution to 800x600 and have never tried it higher.
I also play Halo at 800x600 perfectly.
I run Morrowind just fine also. But again, at 800 x 600.

i'm not a big 'graphics whore' though, so I don't mind playing older games with not-so-new graphics.

bread's done
Back