Will original SN's still work for used online games?

norkusa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I know this is a stupid question but I don't know anything about PC gaming, so maybe someone can set me straight here:

I'm buying a used copy of Battlefield 1942 Collection for PC from someone. I asked the seller if the serials will still work for online play since that's the main reason why I want it. He said they should because they bought the game used and the serials worked for him.

Like I said, I don't know anything about PC gaming but I was under the impression that you can only use these EA serials once and that's it. Or can you use them several times, just as long as they aren't passed around online and thousands of people are using them?

[quote name='norkusa']I know this is a stupid question but I don't know anything about PC gaming, so maybe someone can set me straight here:

I'm buying a used copy of Battlefield 1942 Collection for PC from someone. I asked the seller if the serials will still work for online play since that's the main reason why I want it. He said they should because they bought the game used and the serials worked for him.

Like I said, I don't know anything about PC gaming but I was under the impression that you can only use these EA serials once and that's it. Or can you use them several times, just as long as they aren't passed around online and thousands of people are using them?[/quote]

As long as only one person is using they key you are fine.

For Battlefield 1942 you'll be OK, but you can't buy any gaems like Half Life 2, Counter Strike Source, or any other Steam game Used unless the seller gives you access to his/her Steam account. Even then I don't know if that's in violation of the EULA. If you do happen to buy a Steam account, promptly change the password and the account's email address.

bread's done
Back