Will PSN work with a original 60gb ps3

qcjoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just as the title says.  My buddy is telling me I should be fine on it, but I remember seeing here some where that its to small to install the games.

are u using it for ps2 or ps3 games if ur using it for ps3 games only u should trade it in to gamestop to get that double trade in and wait for BF or buy a slim that's just my 2 cents

Just as the title says. My buddy is telling me I should be fine on it, but I remember seeing here some where that its to small to install the games.

PSN works with all PS3's, your only constraint is hdd size, which you can remedy by installing a larger hard drive.

It all depends on what size and how many games you plan to buy and have installed at once.

Of course, it will work fine, unless you are installing a game larger than 30 GB. You need double the space available for (most) games because it downloads the file and then installs. It does not delete the downloaded material until after the installation is done. There are a few exceptions I believe, such as The Last of Us, which has a custom installer to circumvent this problem (and it also allows you to begin playing while the game is downloading too).

That has nothing to do with it being a launch PS3 model though and it has everything to do with the size of the HDD. Like others have said, upgrade the HDD (very simple process, Sony made it very user friendly) and you can store tons of things on it. I recommend doing that if you plan on getting PS Plus, which I also recommend. You will have an insane amount of content to both download and play.

Last edited by a moderator:
u can get 115 OR 120 for the ps3 right now @gamestop

PSN works with all PS3's, your only constraint is hdd size, which you can remedy by installing a larger hard drive.

It all depends on what size and how many games you plan to buy and have installed at once.
Since I only play one game at a time it would be just one at a time.

Does any one know what this PS3 would sell for on here?  I also have a PS4 on pre order and my need cash to put towards it.  If I sell it or trade it and I put a bigger HD in it would I need  to put the old one back in?  Sorry for so many questions.  Thanks for all who have responded.

Does any one know what this PS3 would sell for on here? I also have a PS4 on pre order and my need cash to put towards it. If I sell it or trade it and I put a bigger HD in it would I need to put the old one back in? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for all who have responded.
Depends on condition 200-300 if in great condition. Yes to sell it to most places it would need the original

BF= Black Friday

Thanks Dormin. So I guess being able to play PS2 games is still a big deal to people.
U also have to consider the age of the system too. Its a old system I had a 40Gb system it got Lyod and it couldn't be fixed because of the age of the system so be careful

U also have to consider the age of the system too. Its a old system I had a 40Gb system it got Lyod and it couldn't be fixed because of the age of the system so be careful
that doesnt mean anything. i have a phat 60GB ps3 that i got over 4 years ago with 1000's of hours of play on it and its still kicking just fine.

bread's done
Back