Will the DS get a Player's Choice line?

rebenns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've noticed a horrible trend with the DS - a game will come out, stay on the shelves for a little while, then go out of print, becoming nearly impossible to find outside of EBay. It's not only the obscure, niche, overlooked, or poorly selling stuff (a la Psychonauts), but big AA and AAA titles, like Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Kirby's Canvas Curse, Warioware Touched, and Advance Wars Dual Strike. Japanese DS players already have a DS "the Best" line (their name for both the Player's Choice / Greatest Hits lines for Nintendo and Sony, respectively). Financial reports say a lot of people received DS's for Christmas, and there are millions of others (like myself) who got their Ds's long after these and other titles left store shelves. It seems to reason that this demographic would be interested in at least some of these titles, even at original MSRP. Not having them available at all doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless Nintendo or other publishers have some sort of secret deal with EBay.

Nintendo does have a bad history with portable PC lines - the original GB didn't get one until almost four years after the system hit, and even then it was very limited. GBC just plain didn't get one, and GBA finally got one - in '06, long after the DS hit the shelves, and the GBA was considered obsolete.

I honestly don't care.

Pro - It will help a lot of people who missed out on the games.

Con - The ugly box art.

[quote name='naes']I honestly don't care.

Pro - It will help a lot of people who missed out on the games.

Con - The ugly box art.[/QUOTE]

But without it, the regular version remains expensive. That's the only good thing to come from PC versions of games.

It'll be a good long while. Didn't we just barely start getting a PC line for GBA? Thats true what you say though, I usually buy DS games closer to their release dates more often than other platforms.

Who cares if it has a goddamn Player's Choice logo on it? It doesn't change the game at all.

And who really cares about boxart, anyway? :p

The only people that would care about box art would be the people who trade-in their systems and games after. The biggest example would be Final Fantasy 7 for PS1, as the original game case is near impossible to find.

bread's done
Back