Will the .hack series ever be sold together as a set?

video_gamer324

CAGiversary!
Feedback
188 (99%)
Since the games aren't so hot alone, with the plot being spanned over all four parts, will Bandai ever release their .hack series as a set (like the GTA double pack)? Part 1 already has a $20 MSRP, Parts 2 and 3 are at $30 and are destined to drop even lower, and Part 4 is new, so it's still at $50, but it will probably drop in the near future.

I'm counting on it. They're selling 4 games that are at best about 20 hours each in gameplay, they want people to see the whole story so that they can hook people and sell more DVDs and other .hack related merchandise. Selling it as a set of 4 games for 60 or 65 with the 4 dvds included would be ideal for people who werent ready to buy it because of it's episodic nature.

[quote name='Alpha2']I'm counting on it. They're selling 4 games that are at best about 20 hours each in gameplay, they want people to see the whole story so that they can hook people and sell more DVDs and other .hack related merchandise. Selling it as a set of 4 games for 60 or 65 with the 4 dvds included would be ideal for people who werent ready to buy it because of it's episodic nature.[/quote]

Yup, thats what Im waiting for.

yeah, i was predicting a box set from the beginning, but although it would be awesome if it was $80>, i doubt it. i'd go as far as $100 maybe, but no more.

It could make sense, because I don't think that Bandai has come up with a good way to distribute .Hack\\Gift in the US. The were going to add it to an anime box-set, but I heard that idea was scrapped.

I noticed that if you stack the game cases a picture is formed when you look at the spines. Maybe a "clue" that they intend to sell the series as a box set? Seeing that all the games retail for $30 or less, I can't imagine that they would charge much more than $100 for all of them. Unless they add new content or a bonus of some sort.

Yeah, they do that spine thing with a lot of different stuff. The first thing that comes to mind is teh old Star Trek videos, which came as a box set later. It's a sign!

they didn't sell that bad, just not the 100 million billion copies bandia had perdicted.

I've paid $65 for the first three so far, waiting for the 4th one to drop to $20 or less. I hope they don't come out as a box set, since I already have them. :lol:

considering the semi success of all 4 games, they probably will come out in a set, but they should make it sweet, like what working designs did with arc the lad/lunar. Include some cool pendent, hardcover instruction manuals and a huge punching doll!

bread's done
Back