Will the Halo Reach Limited Edition likely be on sale for a while w/ future deals?

spincut

CAGiversary!
Been seeing it a lot lately, and Halo of course has never been an exception to this, in fact being more the rule on overstocking limited or legendary editions and then selling them for less later.

Now, for whatever reason, this time around I finally think the Limited Edition, at least, is rather cool, but I still don't want to pay full price.

How likely do people think it is that the LE will be around for a bit, and likely on sale sometime in the future? Or is it always the Legendary edition that stores eventually have extras on their hands of and don't know what to do with?

It's a "limited" edition of a major release, so there are going to be boatloads of them available. Probably for years to come.

The limited edition might be hard to find however the Legendary might not be that hard to find cheap later. Places don't want to take up the room for them so that is a pluss however the suply and demand might make it harder to get later.

Gamestop says they are sold out of all the other versions besides the standard edition. So who knows.

(if you don't believe me try searching for either the limited edition or legendary edition)

[quote name='mtxbass1']Ask yourself this. How limited was Halo 3's limited or collectors editions?[/QUOTE]

um, well, I don't really know, like i said, I do remember seeing legendary editions hanging around for a while, but the regular LE's....not so much (and in this case the regular LE is the one I'm interested in).

[quote name='spincut']um, well, I don't really know, like i said, I do remember seeing legendary editions hanging around for a while, but the regular LE's....not so much (and in this case the regular LE is the one I'm interested in).[/QUOTE]

It's one of the most popular games for the console. The "LE" won't be limited. You can still find both Legendary and LE editions of Halo 3 to this day for cheap.

How much did the regular LE's for the other ones eventually go for? Not even sure what price point I should wait for. I guess part of it I know I won't be playing it right now anyway (subwoofer is blown, Xbox gold just expired, will be moving soon) so I just don't need it now, so if I can save a little money and wait great, however this time I do at least want to be able to get the LE new with little fuss, so don't want to shoot myself in the foot or anything :p .

[quote name='spincut']How much did the regular LE's for the other ones eventually go for? Not even sure what price point I should wait for. I guess part of it I know I won't be playing it right now anyway (subwoofer is blown, Xbox gold just expired, will be moving soon) so I just don't need it now, so if I can save a little money and wait great, however this time I do at least want to be able to get the LE new with little fuss, so don't want to shoot myself in the foot or anything :p .[/QUOTE]

I've seen the Halo 3 Legendary go for $29.99. I just picked up the LE for $22, but it floats between 20-30.

If it was me, and I had interest in the game, I would just pay the extra money and buy the LE now. It's not all that much more money for the piece of mind...

[quote name='mtxbass1']I've seen the Halo 3 Legendary go for $29.99. I just picked up the LE for $22, but it floats between 20-30.

If it was me, and I had interest in the game, I would just pay the extra money and buy the LE now. It's not all that much more money for the piece of mind...[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I wouldn't be playing it right now anyway is the thing. I hate buying a game that I didn't even open until it's half the cost anyway.

Didn't realize the LEGENDARY version went all the way down to 29.99, I mean even for Halo, it seems risky to wait for it still be around in retail stores at that price level. And again. I would mainly just keep an eye out for the regular CE version.

[quote name='NJMane']Gamestop says they are sold out of all the other versions besides the standard edition. So who knows.

(if you don't believe me try searching for either the limited edition or legendary edition)[/QUOTE]

This happens on Gamestop.com with almost every limited/collector's/special/deluxe edition. It's nothing special. In fact, they seem to do it on purpose to drive up demand. Generally, a week before release they completely remove the listings for the special editions.

hmmm well it has already been said that this always happens....so am I going to be SOL or will this still come to pass like past halo editions and it will end up being in plentiful supply after all?

bread's done
Back