Will the price of NINJA GAIDEN Ever....I mean EVER Drop???

cavalier

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
This game has been out what seems like forever and STILL goes for $39.99 new at the lowest....what gives?

And shouldn't this be a platinum hit by now, or was it one of those "great game, poor sales" type things.

I want a new copy so if anyone can point me to one for less than the $40 a say, I'd really appreciate it.

This is probably in the wrong section.

NG sold pretty darn well. Tecmo games normally take a while to drop in price.

The main reason it probably hasn't dropped is because Team Ninja keep support the game with new downloadable features. People are still buying this game at $40 because of this.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Ninja Gaiden sold a shit load dude. And still continues to sell.... it is like Halo: Combat Evolved, still $30[/QUOTE]

So, why no PH love for this game?

It's even $34.99 USED at EB. That's just insane.

[quote name='videodrone']This is probably in the wrong section.

NG sold pretty darn well. Tecmo games normally take a while to drop in price. [/QUOTE]

But DOA Ultimate is already $20...and it hasn't been out that long. Maybe four five months.

[quote name='cavalier']So, why no PH love for this game?

It's even $34.99 USED at EB. That's just insane.[/QUOTE]

He just told you why. It sold a shitload and will continue to sell a shitload. once people stop buying it, then it will be a PH.

Other than the recent EB deal, DOA Ultimate is still at least $34.99 everywhere I have seen it.

NG is about $27 after coupons @ EB if you have an Edge card.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Ninja Gaiden sold a shit load dude. And still continues to sell.... it is like Halo: Combat Evolved, still $30[/QUOTE]

According to the Circuit City ad from a couple of weeks ago, Halo is a Platinum Hits. Did anyone else see this? I don't remember if S-drop mentioned it in his weekly ads post. I'll go and search.

EDIT: Yep, it's this weeks ad ending today, 4/9.

Just saw three copies of Ninja Gaiden for $9.99 pre-played at my local Blockbuster, so it doesn't seem to be a misplaced tag, but it certainly could be YMMV.

[quote name='cavalier']So, why no PH love for this game?

It's even $34.99 USED at EB. That's just insane.[/QUOTE]

It will probably go PH shorty before the sequel comes out to convince the few people who haven't played it to spend $50 on the next one.

I haven't found cheap Ninja Gaiden. It hasn't been out that long...only 13 months. But it seems like forever, most games drop to $20 within a year.

[quote name='postaboy']I heard this game is hard as fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is. But hey, everyone around here will tell you to just suck it up and invest 15 - 20 hours learning how to play the game and by then you should be comfortable enough to pass the first level.

This game has been out what seems like forever and STILL goes for $39.99 new at the lowest....what gives?

And shouldn't this be a platinum hit by now, or was it one of those "great game, poor sales" type things.

I want a new copy so if anyone can point me to one for less than the $40 a say, I'd really appreciate it.

I don't know if it's tecmo or MS that makes the call, but as an example-- Dead or Alive 3 stayed around $40-50 and took about 2 years(or more) to become a Platinum Hit.
considering it was a freaking launch title and is still kinda hard to find for $15 new...well, i think NG has a while to go.
Don't know what the deal is with the cheap DOA:Us though.

[quote name='postaboy']I heard this game is hard as fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

it's not that hard. It just takes a little effort to learn and the AI is actually trying to kill you, so people automatically think it's impossible. you just have to think a little and react fast when you see an exploding shuriken flying at your head

but there's always God of War for those who want the gratification of an action game without having to actually think about the action XD

[quote name='Apossum']but there's always God of War for those who play video games for fun instead of to prove how big their dicks are.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

but there's always God of War for those who play video games for fun instead of to prove how big their dicks are.

[quote name='mmn']Fixed.[/QUOTE]

riiiiiight. enjoying learning a game instead of button mashing = proving how big my dick is :lol:

actually, I just play the sex mini game when I want to do that! XD

[quote name='cavalier']This game has been out what seems like forever and STILL goes for $39.99 new at the lowest....what gives?

I want a new copy so if anyone can point me to one for less than the $40 a say, I'd really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

the game has only been out slightly over a year. it will drop eventully, very few games never drop, most of the great games from last gen can be found anywhere today for less than $10..the ones that cant are the rare ones that never have and likley never will drop (saturn games, some ps1 rpgs) ninja gaiden is not the same case, NG sold well and will drop in price eventully.

it cannot be a PH if tecmo dosent want it to be, if its still selling at full price, why lower it?

heres a copy for $27
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=107005

bread's done
Back