Will the soft case scratch my screen?

andrew333

CAGiversary!
Just been feeling around a bit in the soft case provided with the value pack, I thought it a bit rough.

Will my PSP screen get scratched by this thing?

I tried to put on a Hori SP but it was an air bubble nightmare.

You need to use a creditcard or something similar to squeeji the bubbles out when you apply the protector. I would suspect after a few weeks of constant in and outing that anything will get micro scratches. As long as there's friction it may eventually happen.

Andrew -- Maybe you did the same thing as I with the Hori screen on my first try with application. The screen protector is actually between a hard sheet of plastic and a softer sheet of plastic. The protector is not the softer sheet. If you apply the softer sheet as the protector, there will be lots of bubbles. If you apply the actual protector, it's rigid enough were there maybe a few bubbles, but nothing major that can't be worked out. Hope this helps.

185796.jpg

hmmmmmmmm maybe. :rofl:

here is a tip for putting on the screen protector without scratching the surface >.< Ugh! Put down the cleaning cloth and squeegee over that

best way to do it is slowly smoothing over the protector with a stiff card as you unpeel it from the sheet, this way you can catch the bubbles as they pop up and push them out.

When I applied my Hori, I worked from left edge to right edge. I first peeled 'some' of the red tab side of the film off. Just enough so I can align the protector to the left edge of the screen. Then I slowly pull the red tab side and used my fingers (or you can use a cloth-wrapped credit card) to push the screen protector down at the same time. I didnt get any air bubble at all. As long as you're doing it straight, slowly, in a dust-free environment, you should be fine. Also don't pull the entire red tab side of the film off completely, because dust will stick onto it if you leave it in the atmosphere too long. Pull the red tab film as you apply the protector onto the screen. Think of it as putting a band-aid on your wound. You pull the white film off from one side first, apply the sticky end to one side of the wound, then you pull the other white film off.

thanks gang, i think i may have done irreparable damage to my hori, i may just have it sit commando until i pick up the logitech dealy-bob

I applyed the protector with out any problem... no bubbles

don't mistake the soft plastic as the actual protector... the actual protector is in between the hard plastic sleeve and soft plastic sleeve...

Would a screen protector damage the PSP screen if it needs to be removes? I've been contemlating using one, but need to know if it will hurt the screen if it is removed.

[quote name='salmonaxxx']No adhesive? Then, is it very easily knocked off?[/QUOTE] doesn't it just fit over the screen?i'm not familiar.. but it could just lock in place.

[quote name='MrSneis']has anyone actually answered the question posed in the topic? Will the case harm the PSP?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, in the second post.
[quote name='Alpha2']I would suspect after a few weeks of constant in and outing that anything will get micro scratches. As long as there's friction it may eventually happen.[/QUOTE]
In other words, if you try hard enough, it's gonna get scratched.

I stupidly bought the intec one....anyways I didnt put it on very well and when I took it off, there was a bunch of dust stuck to it. I then washed it in the sink and tried again and now its fine O.O

bread's done
Back