Will there be a 40GB Bundle with Rumble Controller???

CAG Veteran
I am coming up on my 30 days to return the 40GB PS3 I bought at BestBuy. I also got in right before the 5 free blu ray deal expired which they didn't renew. Having said that my question is if there will there be a 40GB rumble pack bundle anytime soon? I would be losing out on the spidey bluray (i already own the boxset so no big loss) and the 5 free blu ray movies but they are kind of crappy anyways. Or when you think about it the 80GB bundle is not that bad since MGS is a $60 game and an extra $5 for the rumble controller makes the difference only $35 over the 40GB set...hmmmmmm.....

my guess is that they will come with a 40gb model w. DualShock 3 after the LE 40gb spidey bundle is exhausted, but as a date who knows. Probably my guess is when that MGS4 bundle is out hopefully by then they'll have something like that with 40gb model.

[quote name='MidnightMetal']my guess is that they will come with a 40gb model w. DualShock 3 after the LE 40gb spidey bundle is exhausted, but as a date who knows. Probably my guess is when that MGS4 bundle is out hopefully by then they'll have something like that with 40gb model.[/quote]

I was at my local BB today and saw a bunch of the new non-Spidey 40GB boxes, seems like the movie bundles are slowing working there way out of the retail channels.

I can't imagine that the Sixaxis will still be produced once they roll out the DS3. So you can count on a 40gb "bundle" w/ the DS3 once they've sold out the 40gb packages containing the Sixaxis.

I am sure the new DS3 will come with 40gb in April. Whether they introduce a new bundle or not is to be seen. With Bluray, the winning HD format, I noticed this weekend several people buying 40gb's just to have a Bluray player. Not sure if Sony plans to introduce a new 40gb bundle if the systems sales are picking up.

Eventually yes. Right now no. Sony is going to try to get rid of the SIXAXIS or they will continue bundling with it because it's cheaper to produce (keeping the cost down).

If they dump all of the sixaxxis controllers now for those people wanting a ps3 now then people will want DS3 eventually when more games supported so it will give a jump to accessory sales...pretty standard business model. The only reason I bought the ps3 back in january was to take advantage of the 20% coupon at Bestbuy and the 5 free bluray but in hindsight the 5 free movies are kind of crappy and I had to pay 8.25% TX sales tax so not really a huge savings compared to Amazon free shipping and no tax.

bread's done
Back