Will there ever be another TRU Green Tag Clearance?

Optical

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was just thinking about how many games I got during their Green Tags sales 2-3 years ago. I couldn't remember if they had one last year or not. Anyone know if there will be another one come Nov or Dec?

[quote name='organicow']you mean the infamous sale that coincided with the "$10 off any two games $19.99 and under" coupon? ;)

Man that was awesome![/QUOTE]
Greatest deal ever!

Oh man. My early years of college were good to me with that green tag sale. I raided SO MUCH stuff it was ridiculous. Employees made comments, and in the end, I barely spent like $100 each time. Some games I still haven't played, but it was all worth it to build that huge collection.

I still go to TRU from time to time, but there's no sign of radical clearances like that anymore. Really, it would be hard. When they did it, TRUs were stuffed with huge amounts of unsold material, toys, too. That means they clearanced out a LOT of good games. If you look in the used bins now, it's just a lot of Triggerman, Bad Boys 2 and sports crap.

Plus, it also seemed like not many people knew about it, so the titles were in stock longer. I didn't need to HURRY down there, like I would today.
And the glitch helped to save a ton of cash, too.
(The B2G1 free sale would make the lowest LISTED price free, so if I title was reduced by the green tag, it wouldn't be that one, so you could effectively get half off all games if you bought right.)

I get the same feeling with the Circuit City clearances. The first time it happened, it was a real rush. (Though not as much as the $5 glitch) Now they just publicize it too much and the clearances prices are way too high.

The 90% off green tag games last year was great. I was annoyed when during the 2nd event, all games were taken off green tag so when the green tags got to 70% - 90% off, it didn't included games. Thankfully though some games eventually did get clearanced to the equivalent of the 90% off. Feel The Magic was a green tag game but didn't make it past the 50% off. Last month I found it for $2.00 which is more than the 90% off original price.

bread's done
Back