Will TRU be doing its annual 3 for 2 deal this year?

Jason Priestley

CAG Veteran
Long time browser, but not much of a poster. Anyway, I haven't been paying attention in the last two years but I recall that between 2000-2004 TRU did a 3 for 2 deal around the end of October. Have they continued to do this and is it likely that they will have one this October? Also has it typically stayed around the end of October?

As an owner of all 3 systems and now unemployed (now a grad student) i've noticed a slew of amazing titles coming out this fall but I need to keep my spending down. For the rest of the year, I can count about 23 games that I want in total resulting in spending of close to $1600!!!!

To answer your question, probably. I happened last year so it should happen this year. But wrong board to post this on.

Jesus-tap-dancing-christ. There is an active thread about this in the discussion forum. Read before you post!

My bad...could a mod please move it to the correct board or can we lock it? Again I've been reading on this board for about 3 years but never really posted. Sorry

[quote name='sp00ge']Jesus-tap-dancing-christ. There is an active thread about this in the discussion forum. Read before you post![/QUOTE]

...soon to be followed by a similar thread in about another week, repeat... over and over

These TRU and DDD sales generally happen around the same times each year... but we always get the speculation threads months before

[quote name='sp00ge']Jesus-tap-dancing-christ. There is an active thread about this in the discussion forum. Read before you post![/quote]

Posting a link would be nice. What discussion forum? This whole website is a giant discussion forum.

[quote name='zman73']...soon to be followed by a similar thread in about another week, repeat... over and over

These TRU and DDD sales generally happen around the same times each year... but we always get the speculation threads months before[/quote]

I'm assuming this will get moved, so what sale does DDD do?

[quote name='jdawgg76']I'm assuming this will get moved, so what sale does DDD do?[/quote]

20% off all DVDs, twice a year. Very helpful at times.

not to spam further on this topic. but checked my TRU today and found out they're having this "Buy 1 get 2nd for 50% on select Titles."

it looks like the offer is good only for Activision titles, as i saw Shrek and Spiderman titles on the offer. anyone can confirm happening at their local TRU?

i remember last yr, tru did had this particular promotion around late october.

right before last yr's holiday rush of titles.

[quote name='topnotch97']not to spam further on this topic. but checked my TRU today and found out they're having this "Buy 1 get 2nd for 50% on select Titles."

it looks like the offer is good only for Activision titles, as i saw Shrek and Spiderman titles on the offer. anyone can confirm happening at their local TRU?[/quote]

It's in this weeks ad. Same as always, only the games listed apply.

I figured I may as well tack this here instead of making it's own thread, since there is slight discussion of changes at TRU.

When I was at TRU yesterday, I got one of those survey coupons and was glad to be getting $3 off my next cheap game. Today, I went to do the survey and, apparently, they abolished the $3 survey coupon within the past few weeks. Now you get entered in a weekly drawing for $200. Just a few weeks ago I got one that was a $3 coupon.

Yeah, whatever TRU. Ruined a good thing by doing what every other retailer/fast food joint does.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']i remember last yr, tru did had this particular promotion around late october.

right before last yr's holiday rush of titles.[/QUOTE]

That's what happened the year before too and that's the one thing I don't like about this sale- it happens before the holiday rush of good games.

[quote name='Vinny']That's what happened the year before too and that's the one thing I don't like about this sale- it happens before the holiday rush of good games.[/quote]

Hence the TRU logic to this sale, get rid of the older games to make room for the new titles. Smart business while giving customer a deal on recent/older games, without resorting to clearance.

bread's done
Back