Will Wii have a S-Video cable?

Well, it looks like Madcatz' S-video cable has been knocked down from $39.99 to $29.99. Still seems like a bit much considering its 3rd party (hell, M$ only charged $29.99 for their brand of 360 s-vid cables).

I hope Nintendo will spare us from any possible 3rd party horror stories.

This kind of sucks....

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. Although they aren't available yet, we do plan to sell S-Video Cables for the system. They will only be available directly from Nintendo, and we expect them to be available around February of 2007. Once available, you can either order them through our online store at http://store.nintendo.com, or by calling our Consumer Service Department at 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available to take your order or provide mail-order instructions between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
John Elsberry

Guess I may end up picking up a third party one if they come out sooner.

I've seen pictures of them, and Reggie (not Perrin) announced them for U.S. release I believe at the NYC event (not the launch). They never said when, however.

At BestBuy, next to the component cable placeholders, I saw an S-Video placeholder. Couldn't tell you when they'll be there, but they're coming sometime.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wrong.[/QUOTE]

Awesome avatar! Fist of the northstar rules! Yes, Will be needing svideo cables also. Hope I can get some soon.

ebgames has something listed for s-video, i think it's 3rd party. can't remember release date though.

T. Foolery

Play Asia has a Nintendo brand S video cable, but it's backordred. I read somewhere (Kotaku I think) that Play Asia tested the Japanese accessories with an American Wii and they worked just fine.
I'm also getting a S video cable for my Wii.

Im seeing a lot of Pelican Wii cables on Froogle for $15 before shipping. May have to try Best Buy tomorrow to see how those cables fair out.

There are some Nintendo brand ones on ebay, but they're $45 shipped >

Im a emp. at bb. We got about 10 react svideo cables in for 19.99. Checking numbers most BB should have somewhere around 5-12 coming in. Should either be out on the floor now or at least by midweek.

I'll also need S-video. Just got a new TV (nothing big, just a small, tube TV) that supports S-Video (last TV was 20+ years old) so I can wait until Nintendo puts theirs out.

I wonder if the difference will be anything to write home about.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I wonder if the difference will be anything to write home about.[/quote] The difference between composite and s-video on a good ol' tube TV is very obvious. You will be pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']The difference between composite and s-video on a good ol' tube TV is very obvious. You will be pleasantly surprised.[/quote]

That's good to hear.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I'll also need S-video. I wonder if the difference will be anything to write home about.[/quote]

RF cable = A television signal broadcast over cable. It is vulnerable to reception problems & interference and looks terrible.

Composite = Picture & Color signals mixed together. The TV must separate them & that's leads to blurring/errors.

S-video = Picture & Color signals kept separate. The result is as clear as a lo-res 640x480 VGA monitor. I love S-video.

[quote name='lawdood']Found the React s-video cables for the Wii today at my BB, $19.99.[/quote]Did you find them or just the placeholder rack?

I just picked a Wii S-Video cable up at Best Buy for $19.99 (I forget what brand it is, it is out in the car.)

bread's done
Back