Will Wii have online capabilities from day one?

mrchainsaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I know that none of the games will have online mulitplayer for a while, but will Opera, VC, Mii, the other channels, etc. be up and running immediately?

Yeah, since they're selling the points cards, classic controllers, etc. I'd have to imagine it will all be going from day one.

[quote name='rscaramelo']Speaking of online play, any word on Wii's Madden having online play?

RC[/quote]It doesn't. Most reviewers have complained about that the most. I believe it does have cooperative play though.

The most dissapointing to this whole "no online games Day 1" thing is it means there probably will be no VC multiplayer support.

[quote name='lordwow']The most dissapointing to this whole "no online games Day 1" thing is it means there probably will be no VC multiplayer support.[/quote]There will never be online multiplayer in any VC releases, at least as far as old releases go; Konami isn't going to revisit Contra code to add multiplayer support for a $5 download. Compact Software and that stuff will likely be online compatible.

[quote name='botticus']There will never be online multiplayer in any VC releases, at least as far as old releases go; Konami isn't going to revisit Contra code to add multiplayer support for a $5 download. Compact Software and that stuff will likely be online compatible.[/QUOTE]
Some companies including Nintendo said that they may revisit older titles and retool them a little to include new things like Online play. So it's not completely out of the picture.

I am dissapointed that there is no online play on day one, but I will definately be abusing the Virtual Console for a good chunk.

[quote name='Tebunker']Some companies including Nintendo said that they may revisit older titles and retool them a little to include new things like Online play. So it's not completely out of the picture.

I am dissapointed that there is no online play on day one, but I will definately be abusing the Virtual Console for a good chunk.[/quote]I thought they had said the exact opposite of that, that they would not change them at all.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'm pretty sure Doom always had multiplayer.[/quote]

But they had to make it work with the 360.

Considering Fan-Made emulators can be programmed to allow classic games to be played online (vs. mode), I have no doubt that Nintendo *could* program something into the Wii emulator program that would automatically allow for online multiplayer in the older games.

However, I have low expectations of seeing that happen.

bread's done
Back