Will you buy the Sony Move?

[quote name='guardian_owl']I'm guessing the wand won't work with the ps2 eye toy I currently use for my PS3 and I will have to upgrade to a PS3 Eye? If it requires an upgrade, definitely not until a price drop.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will work well with it. Man it would be amazing if it did though since I bought that camera for $5 at BB last year and still haven't even used it yet. I'm positive Sony will force people to get the Eye however

I'll only buy the move if it's a nearly universally supported control scheme in PS3 games. I simply view the Move as a new controller option and not the game changer sony thinks it is. Really it's just Wii 2.0.

The kinect on the other hand is a bit too far out their for me. I don't see it's use in gaming beyond being a gimmick for party games. I just wouldn't buy it for my xbox.

I'll buy one whenever I get some coke and blow money, and not spend it on coke and blow.

Besides, there isn't really a killer-app for me just to justify an eyetoy, 2 moves, etc etc

Here is some interesting info:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/19/kinect-how-it-works-from-the-company-behind-the-tech/

[quote name='joystiq.com']PrimeSense reps also told me that the camera can "see" any number of people on the screen -- you can fit as many people in that camera as possible, and the computer will see all of them and can even recognize them as human shapes. But it can only run calculations on two people at a time, just because the processing power required to track all of the body's locations and movements is so great. During our testing with the device, a person moving in front of the camera was able to "steal focus," but the computer can also be told through gestures to keep focus on a certain person.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Kinect can't do four players at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. 420']I would only buy the move if i felt other people playing online were getting an unfair advantage with it.[/QUOTE]

And this is what worries me about it (especially in SOCOM and KZ). It wouldn't surprise me if the developers "tweaked" the games in the MOVE's favor in an effort to get these things sold.

I first need to see some compelling games that use it smartly.

So far I have seen some weak stuff as far as motion controls to be honest.

Add me to the group that will pick up one controller when it comes out since I already have the Eye. With Dead Space Extraction and Sorcery for me, and my wife will use it for Eye Pet, figure I will try it out.

I will just use the DS3 for a nunchuck to start out with though. Maybe if the games start getting better than I expect with it I will invest in the real ones later on. There are a few other things that might tip my interest as well such as using the controllers and design tools as in one of the demo videos. But all that would come later on. Still projecting to but just the one controller though.

I'm definitely buying this.
I always wanted to experience motion controllers without buying a Wii

I clicked No, but after thinking it over, a Maybe.

I want to try it, and like the above poster said, I'll most likely wait for a black friday deal or just any good deal. Current bundle sucks. Give another wand or a navigation controller, not some shit sports game.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']I clicked No, but after thinking it over, a Maybe.

I want to try it, and like the above poster said, I'll most likely wait for a black friday deal or just any good deal. Current bundle sucks. Give another wand or a navigation controller, not some shit sports game.[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't make any sense for the casual gamer market which this is targeting. It'd make as much sense as Nintendo taking out Wii Sports for an additional Nunchuk

Voted no... think I'll pass. I have a Wii and hardly play with that... mostly for my girlfriend. I'll stick with the controller as these "motion"-based games are kind of boring after a while and for the entry-level gamers.

[quote name='JaxMoney']Voted no... think I'll pass. I have a Wii and hardly play with that... mostly for my girlfriend. I'll stick with the controller as these "motion"-based games are kind of boring after a while and for the entry-level gamers.[/QUOTE]

I can see how Killzone 3 and SOCOM 4 would be considered entry-level games :roll:

Yeah, I'll mainly grab it for KZ3, SOCOM, and TC. I'm a PC guy when it comes to FPS games since I cant stand using analog sticks to aim, so I'm hoping Move will make things more accurate as far as aiming goes.

I'll buy it, I have a lot more faith in what Sony can do with the right motion controller than other companies. And considering that I enjoyed a lot some of the Wii's heavily-motion using games (like Elebits, MP3) I think the Move has a lot of potential (Heavy rain move looks pretty impressive)

A definite maybe. If there's enough games for my wife and I to enjoy, then I can justify the purchase.

Otherwise, I'll wait a bit longer.

When I was watching Sorcery, I kept thinking "man, this would be much cooler to watch Folklore slightly touched up and with Move controls".

Even then, I probably still wouldn't get it. I'm just not a fan of motion controls.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']When I was watching Sorcery, I kept thinking "man, this would be much cooler to watch Folklore slightly touched up and with Move controls".

Even then, I probably still wouldn't get it. I'm just not a fan of motion controls.[/QUOTE]

I loved the sorcery demo. But I was also thinking while watching it that it would be amazing for Demon's Souls.

bread's done
Back