Win 400 MS Points Free

Sent just the one text yesterday and was rewarded with 400 points today.

I am very grateful to you OP, thanks!

anyone know how to send texts to non-phone numbers on a blackberry curve?

*edit* nevermind, entered the address under other, and txt worked. Thanks OP, I've entered :D

[quote name='gage006']I feel like the only one who didn't win :([/QUOTE]

Dude, I NEVER....I repeat...NEVER have won ANYTHING from multiple 5thfinger contests.

I dont know what it is but whenever I see 5thfinger has anything to do with it I dont even bother anymore.

So dont feel too bad.

If you lose, do you still receive a text?

I received a text, but "Premium Messaging" is blocked on my phone, so I have no clue what the message said. GAH.

lol so technically it's not free. Apparently "Premium text messaging" is texting that comes with a surcharge, and seeing as Verizon has unlimited messaging with the plans, if you do this, you'll be charged no matter what. >_< Sneaky bastards.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']lol so technically it's not free. Apparently "Premium text messaging" is texting that comes with a surcharge, and seeing as Verizon has unlimited messaging with the plans, if you do this, you'll be charged no matter what. >_< Sneaky bastards.[/QUOTE]

aw fuck! i thought i would be safe since i have unlimited messaging

Awesome got my winning code at 11AM PST. Worked fine and used it for the RE5 LIN. Much thanks are in order for the OP.

[quote name='Poltitude']Where'd it say this was premium messaging?[/QUOTE]
My phone is set to block SMS style texting which means any texts to a 5 or 6 digit number. It's to prevent me or someone borrowing my phone and doing a $2.00 text for a ring tone or some other service.

[quote name='Poltitude']Where'd it say this was premium messaging?[/QUOTE]

Texting without a plan that allows you to do premium messaging serves a response stating something along the lines of "We're Sorry, you don't have premium messaging enabled, so we can't text you back. Go fix it." So it might be safe to assume that you need premium messaging to do this.

Yes but when I texted the number, it said nothing of the sort and I have an AT&T plan which I'm pretty sure premium messaging isn't included in regular monthly fee. Wouldn't most offers provide a warning if it was premium messaging.

I didn't mean to start a debate on whether you are being charged for the text outside of your basic plan. If you have a texting plan on the phone, it should just go through as a regular text. However, it all depends on the carrier and plan you have (I use verizon and blocked SMS as more of a safety net). You may be charged 10 cents or something extra for sending it. I highly doubt anybody would be charged $2.00 per text or whatever since the text is not to buy something, get a horoscope, etc. 10 cents is definitely worth $5 in points though.

If you have a text messaging plan you shouldn't be charged extra for entering, but blocking "premium messaging" blocks all text messaging to and from short numbers cause all premium messaging uses short numbers (but not all short numbers are premium). Understand?

For example, in Milwaukee you can sign up to get text alerts when there is a snow emergency so you know to move your car. The texts don't cost anything (assuming you have a text plan, and even if I didn't my carrier (u.s. cellular) doesn't charge for incoming texts) but if I had premium messaging blocked on my phone it would block it since it isn't a normal number. I imagine the main advantage of having it set like that would be if you had kids, making sure they didn't see those stupid commercials for the cell phone background and send a text from your (or their) phone.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']If you have a text messaging plan you shouldn't be charged extra for entering, but blocking "premium messaging" blocks all text messaging to and from short numbers cause all premium messaging uses short numbers (but not all short numbers are premium). Understand?

For example, in Milwaukee you can sign up to get text alerts when there is a snow emergency so you know to move your car. The texts don't cost anything (assuming you have a text plan, and even if I didn't my carrier (u.s. cellular) doesn't charge for incoming texts) but if I had premium messaging blocked on my phone it would block it since it isn't a normal number. I imagine the main advantage of having it set like that would be if you had kids, making sure they didn't see those stupid commercials for the cell phone background and send a text from your (or their) phone.[/QUOTE]

Ok, you seem to know a lot more about phone service plans than I do, so I have a question: Why does my service/phone block premium messaging like half of the time? It works on some short numbers, but other times (like this or radio station short numbers) it says I don't have premium messaging....Now I know I've entered other texting giveaways by 5th finger before, so I'm pretty sure I have some form of premium messaging, but I don't know why it won't work now. Anyone else seem to have this problem as well? Sorry to bring the premium thing back up again but I've been curious about this problem for a while now.

[quote name='Mirpkered']Well, I didn't win this one but congrats goes out to those who did. Can we enter again for the drawing next tuesday?[/QUOTE]

You can enter once a day

I get that you can enter once every day, but do they announce the winners the next day? Or do they only hand out codes once a week? I entered for the first time today and got a reply saying that "Winners will be notifed on Tuesdays via text". The spelling errors are theirs, not mine.

[quote name='Unknown50862']I get that you can enter once every day, but do they announce the winners the next day? Or do they only hand out codes once a week? I entered for the first time today and got a reply saying that "Winners will be notifed on Tuesdays via text". The spelling errors are theirs, not mine.[/QUOTE]

I think you answered your own question. "Winners will be notified on Tuesdays via text".

Did anyone enter multiple times and win?

I only entered once and won, and part of me is worried that multiple submissions would make me ineligible.

[quote name='dmzauk']I think you answered your own question. "Winners will be notified on Tuesdays via text".[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was looking at it wrong the other day. Just realized that this is a weekly promotion and that the winners will be announced every Tuesday. Yea, I'm an idiot, I know.

bread's done
Back