Win 400 MS Points - GM Military New Vehicle Discount

Entered & received a reply within 5 minutes using Alltel. I'll try to enter every day this time if I can remember. I was amazed at the amount of CAG winners from the last round.

I just entered for the 2nd time, 1st time was Monday Night. I got the typical "U have a chance 2 win" message immediately, but about a minute later I got a followup:

"GM: If you want to continue to receive updates from GM reply OK. Up to 2msg/month. Text Help for help. Msg&Data Rates May Apply."

[quote name='gryphter']I just entered for the 2nd time, 1st time was Monday Night. I got the typical "U have a chance 2 win" message immediately, but about a minute later I got a followup:

"GM: If you want to continue to receive updates from GM reply OK. Up to 2msg/month. Text Help for help. Msg&Data Rates May Apply."[/QUOTE]
I got that today too... weird.

[quote name='gage006']So day 2 and no winners yet? Weird. 5th Finger is usually pretty good to CAGs.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking. Thought we would have seen at least a few winners by today...

Daily winners more than likely means much smaller groups of winners at a time. I.E. rather than 700 each week it's only 100 a day. Which means the results may not seem so massively overwhelming for CAG's this time around.

[quote name='gryphter']I just entered for the 2nd time, 1st time was Monday Night. I got the typical "U have a chance 2 win" message immediately, but about a minute later I got a followup:

"GM: If you want to continue to receive updates from GM reply OK. Up to 2msg/month. Text Help for help. Msg&Data Rates May Apply."[/QUOTE]

yeah, i got that today too. i hope i'm not being charged anything extra for entering this. =/

I got 3 different carriers for my cell phones right now. I texted on 2 of them and got no replies. The 3rd one said i could not do that contest type thing.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I got 3 different carriers for my cell phones right now. I texted on 2 of them and got no replies. The 3rd one said i could not do that contest type thing.[/QUOTE]

i had my girlfriend do it and she didn't receive a reply back..she had to call Verizon and have them enable premium messaging......her mom (who is on her account) had a problem with not being able to resist those commercials that used to come on for wallpaper and jokes....so she had to have it disabled...you may want to contact your carrier.

[quote name='Blade3D']So are we getting charged at all to send these text messages? I have unlimited text messaging and figure it won't apply[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what I thought. I got a little worried and decided to go ahead and text STOP just to be safe since I haven't won anything yet anyways. The reply I got said to contact [email protected] for any info you may need.

Oh eff yeah! We're back baby!

Firing up my two Verizon phones. I won 1200 points in three weeks with the last 5thfinger promotion. Here's to grabbing a few hundred more to pass around amongst friends.

[quote name='Blade3D']So are we getting charged at all to send these text messages? I have unlimited text messaging and figure it won't apply[/QUOTE]Highly highly unlikely. If you think of it from a marketing standpoint, GM's and 5thfinger's number one priority is to get the word out as often as possible to people. In this case, they're using text messages. Now, in order to get people to read their advertising, they will have to send the message out for FREE as no one is going to pay to be advertised to (unless you're an Xbox Live Gold member - ZING!).

That, and with the last 5thfinger promotion, there were no hidden charges.

I got the "GM: If you want to continue to receive updates from GM reply OK. Up to 2msg/month. Text Help for help. Msg&Data Rates May Apply." message today.

Been doing this for 3 days, this is the first time this one happened.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']What the crap
When I text to it, I get an auto error saying it's an invalid short code. Anyone else getting this?[/QUOTE]Is your carrier or phone one of those pay-as-you go setups? I've heard that those don't work with this. Or are you trying to use an iPhone app (or similar) that gives you text messaging? Because those definitely don't work.

I don't know if anyone has tried because I'm posting through my phone but you can also text GM to the old number of 74139 from the last promo similar wording but it is a school promotion. So this will double your chances to win. I also got the other message of opting in like everyone else

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']I don't know if anyone has tried because I'm posting through my phone but you can also text GM to the old number of 74139 from the last promo similar wording but it is a school promotion. So this will double your chances to win. I also got the other message of opting in like everyone else[/QUOTE]Will do!

EDIT: It's been a couple minutes and no response from 74139.
EDIT2: There's the response. Looks exactly the same as the other number!

Entered and got an automatic reply, then the "if you want to continue" text OK. I hit ok, it isn't a website or html page they are texting me and I have an unlimited texting plan so I shouldn't be charged for simple texts. If they turn into websites and such then I would.

- Jason

[quote name='Jabrim']Entered and got an automatic reply, then the "if you want to continue" text OK. I hit ok, it isn't a website or html page they are texting me and I have an unlimited texting plan so I shouldn't be charged for simple texts. If they turn into websites and such then I would.

- Jason[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'll just send stop back to it after the contest is over. If some how I was charged (which I seriously doubt) I'll just get it credited back on my bill with a phone call to the provider.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Is your carrier or phone one of those pay-as-you go setups? I've heard that those don't work with this. Or are you trying to use an iPhone app (or similar) that gives you text messaging? Because those definitely don't work.[/QUOTE]

No, I have unlimited text from AT&T

ok still not getting which number is the right one.
75920- not getting any replies
74139- got 2 instant replies one about winning 400 ms pts for GM college new vehicle discount and the other about recieving updates from GM.

Are there 2 contests?

I keep forgetting bout this. So, have any CAGs won, yet?
[quote name='monkeystud']74139- got 2 instant replies one about winning 400 ms pts for GM college new vehicle discount and the other about recieving updates from GM.[/QUOTE]
Wait a minute. Isn't that the phone # from the previous promotion?

[quote name='monkeystud']ok still not getting which number is the right one.
75920- not getting any replies
74139- got 2 instant replies one about winning 400 ms pts for GM college new vehicle discount and the other about recieving updates from GM.

Are there 2 contests?[/QUOTE]

Same here, except for me 75290 says it's invalid.
If we text stop, does that mean if we win they won't tell us?
I've only gotten replies from 74139.

[quote name='NoDAK']I keep forgetting bout this. So, have any CAGs won, yet?

Wait a minute. Isn't that the phone # from the previous promotion?[/QUOTE]

I just looked at my phone, and yes it is lol.

just realized that 74139 was the number from the last contest, and 75920 has been used before also. btw, both numbers worked for me. i have verizon if that matters

just read that someone else already figured that out :p

bread's done
Back