Win 800 ms points (and other stuff) from Xbox dashboard ads.

BlankUsername32

CAGiversary!
Open to US only. You can only play once a day, and only win once per account.

The ads can be found on the spotlight, inside xbox, video marketplace, and game marketplace tabs. I've also seen some on the community and music marketplace tabs, but usually there are only ads for music, and xbox games there.

So far we've found

A Nissan one, it's orange with a Nissan on it. Select the + on the glove compartment of the car to see if you win. This one is rare and doesn't show up often.

A Reeses's one. It has two ads, a Just Dance 3 one, it's dark orange, with the box art for Just Dance 3 and a big purple star on it. and a Halloween one, also dark orange with some avatars in costumes on it. Both take you to the same place. There's 2 instant win games, and 2 sweepstakes. The spooky barn instant win gives you a coupon for a free 2-pack of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. The corn maze gives you 800 points. For the sweepstakes, one you just need to download a picture pack and the other you need to download a picture pack and play Just Dance 3 on a certain date (don't remember when). Play the instant win games daily, sweepstakes are one time entry.

One for Protege shoes. It's yellow with a guy holding a basket ball. Just check the box, one time entry.

VW High 5 Experience, there are a lot of different ads for this one, most have a picture of a VW Beetle and the VW logo. You have to play a mini-game where you high five avatars. It's a gamer pic sweepstakes, but you have to play it from the dashboard, and you can enter daily. Prize is 800 ms points, only 15 winners a day.

There's one for state farm where you have to play an annoying mini-game and download the gamer pic. You can download the pic here, but I don't think it enters you in the contest. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/State-Farm/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802585708f8 I think it's a one time only entry but I'm not sure.

"THE THING" ad has a gamer pic sweepstakes you need to download the gamer pic, and play halo 3 or halo reach starting october 14. Theres also a contest if you watch the trailer. it tells you to watch the trailer you will get a "code" to text for a chance to win. You can fast forward to the end of the trailer, or just text THING to 72579.

There's also a hand full of registration gamer pic and theme sweepstakes here. All the current theme/gamer pic sweepstakes should be on that page.

You should get an email ~4-8 weeks after you win with your prize...

Use as many accounts as you want, they aren't gold exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would really recommend everyone do this don't know the odds but out of 2 accounts tried i won on one of them, sadly the points are sent after the end of the promotion from what im hearing so its not immediate and i have no clue when it ends. but 800 points for hitting guide and y a few times isn't bad.

will update to let you know if you can win multiple times/when the points come if they come before the 4-6 weeks after promotion thing

How can you tell if you won? When I press A on one of the circles it just tells me "Sorry, you have already entered today."

[quote name='Luxuria']How can you tell if you won? When I press A on one of the circles it just tells me "Sorry, you have already entered today."[/QUOTE]

well it sounds like you didnt win...

anyway thanks for the info gonna try it out!

I think I won...It says "Thanks, you have already won!" Will they just send me the points at the end of the promo or do I need to sign up/ download something?

[quote name='AlphaQSilly']i do not see this ad is it already over?[/QUOTE]

nope it's still going its under the video market place section.. took me like 12 refreshes to get it to pop up finally on mine.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Thanks! You can just hit the guide button and press Y to refresh the dashboard, too.[/QUOTE]

I tried that, but the ad never came up after ~50 trys. It seems like it doesn't really "refresh" the dashboard. When you close and reopen it, the ads are blank and take a few seconds to load. When you open the dashboard from the dashboard the ads don't need to load, so it's not really reloading anything, just showing a different ad already loaded.

[quote name='merlin123']Is this ad only on the US market place?

Can someone post a picture of that ad?

greetings merlin123[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the region, but it's orange and has a large picture of a silver nissan.

refreshed around 20 times, gave up, came back about 2 hours later and it was under Game Marketplace, so yeah, just every slider. Orange with silver Nissan in the middle, can't miss it. Thanks for the heads up OP and good luck everyone.

[quote name='BlankUsername32']I tried that, but the ad never came up after ~50 trys. It seems like it doesn't really "refresh" the dashboard. When you close and reopen it, the ads are blank and take a few seconds to load. When you open the dashboard from the dashboard the ads don't need to load, so it's not really reloading anything, just showing a different ad already loaded.[/QUOTE]
It does indeed work. It took me five tries to get the Nissan ad. And I made note of the ads to make sure they were actually changing. Seems like you were just really unlucky.

Thanks. Didn't win yet but they also have a Reese's advertisement where you can win 800ms points for playing their corn maze game. I won a coupon for a free Reese's playing the instant win game.

I saw a Reese's instant win game, too. Just Dance 3 ad and it looks like there's a couple of different games to play. The haunted corn maze can earn you 800 MSP.

Thanks for the heads up, OP! Did the corn maze for Just Dance 3 and didn't win. Also did the Nissan thing and double-clicked twice by accident so I have no clue if I won or not.

I won 800 points last week sometime...but thought I did something wrong when I didn't see a way to "claim" them. I'm guessing I just have to wait and they'll eventually send me something?

Haven't seen the advertisement since...my friend thought I was crazy when I was telling him about it.

[quote name='megma42']Thanks a ton OP, just won 800 MP.[/QUOTE]

How did they give you your prize?

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to refresh about 20 times to get the Nissan ad to pop; didn't win. Tried Reese's without luck also. Oh well, try again tomorrow. Thanks OP.

[quote name='BlankUsername32']How did they give you your prize?[/QUOTE]

They didn't yet, just popped up and said I won and had a picture of 800 mp. I checked my email, but nothing yet.

Just saw an ad for "The Thing" it has a registration picture you need to dl before the 7th, and I guess you're entered if you play halo 3 or reach on 10/14/11 or 10/15/11

There's also a sweepstakes if you watch the trailer starting on 10/10/11

Very nice. Only won two Reese's coupon for free Reese's. It said it will email me on what to do next. Haven't received any emails yet. I took a picture of that and will post it as soon as I can.

Although I did it already, I've been trying to get the Nissan ad again for about a half hour now but to no avail. Thinking it may have been nixed in favor of the new ads for Bing, Forza 4, and The Thing.

Found two more contests, one is for bing, there's at least one on every single blade. I also saw a state farm one, offering 1500 points, but I accidentally bumped my controller and hit a over the my community blade and it opened the avatar marketplace......

As I was typing this it popped up again. Same spot second item on my community. You have to play a game trying to match the state farm jingle with the d pad and X and Y. Kind of like guitar hero, if guitar hero used horrible midi files from the 80's, and controls that make you want to throw your controller at the wall.

[quote name='nateorz']Although I did it already, I've been trying to get the Nissan ad again for about a half hour now but to no avail. Thinking it may have been nixed in favor of the new ads for Bing, Forza 4, and The Thing.[/QUOTE]
I saw the nissan one again after the bing ads started showing up.

*Oh, it's not hard at all I was doing it wrong. It's more like Simon, only you can make it repeat the jingle with out having to start over. When you win you get an "exclusive" theme... and you are entered to win 1500 points, it's not an instant win game.

For anyone who cares, that State Farm jingle is as follows...

Left + Y, Down + X, Left + X, Right + Y, Up + X, Right + X, Down + Y, Up + Y, Down + Y

Or you can just mash the buttons. It doesn't care how many times you mess up between correct notes.

And just so everyone knows, the Reese's ad has TWO contests, not just one. One is the maze and one is the Haunted Barn. I think the latter is how you get free candy.

Also...by now, everyone should know to not expect MS points until 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends.

I tried a few times last night and no luck with getting the nissan ad to show. I turned on the xbox this morning and it came up first thing, and won 800 points. I also won a free pack of reeses peanut butter cups. Thanks OP!

I just want to win so I can get the Gears of War 3 season pass or whatever it's called. I'm short 600 and I'm not paying for that.

Just like Spooge I was looking yesterday couldn't find it then as soon as I trun on my 360 today I find it in the game marketplace. I opened the glove compartment and saw a picture of 800 points but thats it. Did I win? When I went back and clicked on it, I got sorry you already entered today. Can someone please explain to me what was suppose to happen.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Just like Spooge I was looking yesterday couldn't find it then as soon as I trun on my 360 today I find it in the game marketplace. I opened the glove compartment and saw a picture of 800 points but thats it. Did I win? When I went back and clicked on it, I got sorry you already entered today. Can someone please explain to me what was suppose to happen.[/QUOTE]
You didn't win, sorry. When you open it, a picture shows up with 800msp written on it. At the bottom, it says whether you won or not. Judging by your message, you didn't win :/

[quote name='BlazeP']You didn't win, sorry. When you open it, a picture shows up with 800msp written on it. At the bottom, it says whether you won or not. Judging by your message, you didn't win :/[/QUOTE]

Nah bro I got a card saying 800 points. I though after that I would go to some other page where it would congrate me and tell me to wait for it, but no. I then clicked on another + sign and then cliked back on my first one. I dunno I hope I can get 800 points cause the gears 3 dlc is coming up soon.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Nah bro I got a card saying 800 points. I though after that I would go to some other page where it would congrate me and tell me to wait for it, but no. I then clicked on another + sign and then cliked back on my first one. I dunno I hope I can get 800 points cause the gears 3 dlc is coming up soon.[/QUOTE]
If you win and click again, it says "Thanks, you have already won" or something like that

[quote name='BlazeP']If you win and click again, it says "Thanks, you have already won" or something like that[/QUOTE]

Oh well I guess they put fake 800 MSP cards then. Thats fine.

Is it possible to beat the red maze on that reese pieces thing? I tried like 8-10 times and there is no exit

Oh man, this is killing me. I saw the Nissan ad a couple of weeks ago, but thought nothing of it. Now that I know there's a contest behind it, I can't find it on my dash for the life of me. Yes, I've been refreshing and yes, the ads did change, but I still can't find it.

Thanks for telling us about the contests, though, OP. I might not have found the Nissan one, but I did find the Reese's.

ok, now I think MS is just trolling me...

I see 9 tabs with the Asus | Intel In Search Of Incredible ads. In some sections there are even two of them!

bread's done
Back