Win a $35 GC to the ElectricQuarter. Design our buisiness card!

sylentwulf

CAGiversary!
If you feel this thread is not appropriate, or in the wrong forum, please feel free to move or delete it.

I figure rather then pay someone online to design a business card, I'd give a few message boards a shot at it first. This is not so much a contest, as it is hired work. If I can't get any of the designs to work, there is a chance noone will win. It will be QUITE obvious if I use the winners business card as it will appear on both store sites, and every package we ship out, so be assured if you win, you will receive the gift cert. I'm not here to rip off peoples hard work. That being said, I will award the GC to whichever card I choose, at whichever time it is submitted, although I will be glad to give anyone else a chance to finish up as well, maybe 5 days after I see a card I like or so, plenty of time, no rush. I DO reserve the right to use ANY entrants work in whole or in part after I've selected a winner though.

Here are some previous cards/misc things templates:
http://www.electricquarter.com/fampics/contest
(Yes, if you go down a directory you can see my family pics lol, it was the easiest full folder access directory I have on hand)

I want to move away from the game aspect, and focus more on the brand new modern hot selling items we have such as the tool bits, cables, and controller adapters, but I also want it to say somewhere that we do stock games and cables for classic systems such as atari and nintendo.

The logo needs some work, it's starting to look pretty dated, and needs to be updated to a modern 3d'ish style web button look, I do like the general premise of the logo though, and want the base elements to stay the same.

You can see our store here - http://www.electricquarter.com
And our ebay store/items here - http://stores.ebay.com/The-Electric-Quarter

At the moment, I'll be posting this on digital press, atariage, and cheapassgamer. Please reply here with ANY thoughts/questions about what else I'm looking for, or with any suggestions.

[quote name='n25philly']I do business cards as a side business, so no I am not going to help you wih this.[/QUOTE]

umm, asshole?I bought numerous cables from this guy and I loved his site since it was the cheapest and best shipping.

But 35 bucks? Jeez thats cheap. Doesn't seem like hired work to me. More like slave labor. You can offer more then that I think.

I'm a graphic designer, but $35 does seem a bit cheap.. sorry, maybe around $75 would do :D . Good luck tho!

Ahh my freakin' eyes! Those examples are horrendous. The person who made those should be shot. Yea, well anyways, a $35 Gift Card definitely fits the "cheap ass" of this site's name.

For 35 bucks I told myself I would spend 30 mins and then post whatever I had at the end of the time.... this is it. Probably wasted a half hour of my life, but anyways, here it is in .gif format -

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4773983

I could spend more time and make it much much better, but at this point, the time investment isn't worth it.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']umm, asshole?I bought numerous cables from this guy and I loved his site since it was the cheapest and best shipping.[/quote]

I'm an asshole because the guy is cheep? I'm sorry I don't want to screw over my business. I guess that makes me a real jerk

No, you're an asshole because you took the time to post just to tell everyone that you won't be doing anything. What's the point?

$35 isn't that bad. Its certainly on the cheap side of things, but I'm sure there's plently of college kids and the like who'd give it a try. And its not going to take very long to work something up so $35 an hour is fine especially for guys starting out. And if it works out it'd be some "professional work" they could put in their portfolio. Heck I'm a salary graphics designer and if I get some free time in my day I'll try to throw something together for him.

What's wrong with trying to help somebody out? If you don't have the time, energy, or interest then that's fine. But noone needs to hear you come in and claim that you could do it, but you won't. That's lame. :roll:

theelectricquarterbcwm5.jpg

[quote name='v0yce']
What's wrong with trying to help somebody out? If you don't have the time, energy, or interest then that's fine. But noone needs to hear you come in and claim that you could do it, but you won't. That's lame. :roll:[/quote]

I agree helping people out is one of the few things you can still do to be friendly. Something our world could use a bit more of.

Im not very good when it comes to designing actual logos but I work on buissnes slogans for small companies so I will try to put one together. My cousin dose grapic desing I will send him a e-mail.

Sorry, was on vacation with my kids for the week. I think some people have it right, I'm not looking to hire someone out, just looking to reward someone who is bored, and probably would have been screwing around with photoshop ANYWAYS, so why not get a lil something out of it? :)

[quote name='v0yce']
electricquarterbuscardmp5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I really like this one. Can you work in atari, or 8-bit, nes along with something new like nintendo wii and ds? PM Sent as well to this effect.

bread's done
Back