Win a copy of Batman: Arkham City for PS3

One more giveaway before christmas. Help spread the word, if we get 100 comments the giveaway will be a lot sweeter.

Could go for some points this is what I won from SlyComics earlier this year.
315739_2507162201976_1340689009_32961817_1986840940_n.jpg

[quote name='archangelreb']Could go for some points this is what I won from SlyComics earlier this year.
315739_2507162201976_1340689009_32961817_1986840940_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I won the Bender figure from that giveaway.
Little guy scowls at me from his shelf every time I'm at the computer.

Still got this contest going on until xmas. We need quite a few more entries to get to that 4000 point prize, but the 1600 points is definitely attainable.

Is the winner based on a drawing or submission quality? If it is the latter I might be winning.

BTW: le comment:

Well first off I would like to say that collecting is a marvelous thing, and the habit of it is damn well addicting. For some of us it's the exclusivity, for others it is the quality of the piece. What makes my video game collection complete, however, is a particular N64 game from back in my childhood.

It was around the time of early grade school and my brother had gotten a brand new copy of the "cult classic" Conker's Bad Fur Day to go with his ever increasing pile of games. At that time in my life, games had meant the world to me; even more so than they did now. I was still young enough that my class had show and tell from time to time. Being the little thief that I was, I took my brothers game without asking and brought it to school.

Now, it probably wasn't good thinking bringing an M rated game - box, manual and all - to a 2nd grade class, but in all fairness, I hadn't personally played the game yet. I showed the class the box and began showing them the pages of the manual until I got to a page with a suggestive picture of a cave woman in a bikini!

Instinctively, my teacher got mad and confiscated the game from me. My brother found out and basically lost my respect. I had then come to the conclusion that I must get the game back.

One day, the teacher had told me to be a "sanitation engineer" and clean up after class. She supervised me the whole time, but then stepped out for a bit. Without thinking, I went into her drawer, snatched the game, and sneaked out of school. After sprinting three blocks back to my hose; I popped the game into the Nintendo 64 (tears and all) and began to finally play.

My brother got home around 20 minutes later while I was busy dying over an early mission in the game. We stayed up all night but finally beat the game in one sitting. I still play it whenever I need to take a breather on another game and it still brings back all those great memories. My complete copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day for the Nintendo 64 has changed the way I lived. I mean, I'm pretty sure a life without games would have been a drastic change for me. In the grand scheme of things, Bad Fur Day caused a great deal of my social life to happen, whether one sees it as a nerdy group of D&D geeks or a group of football players talking about CoD after school, it was Conker's that started it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
The contest winner will be picked by Swatrob (with some input from us other writers), as long as your entry is on the site. So ryuk1214, hopefully you copy and pasted that onto the site. The link to the giveaway is in the OP.

bread's done
Back