Win a Free $10 XBLA Title

Cool. I registered and entered with the same username I have here. Hopefully I'll win, as I really want to get Perfect Dark with the prize. =D

WARNING

After signing up on the forum, I got an email saying I had a PM on the site. Says virus detected on my PC, download Security Tool 2010 through this link blah blah blah malware.

Hopefully you didn't sign up with the same username/password used on other sites. No telling what else has dug itself into the site.

Got this message after signing up earlier today:

Dear, Davicams;NexusJuan;BitLooter;
PlayingMantis;ipsum!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately:

If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).
------------------------------
----------------------
Forum Administration www.xbox360chat.com.

I'm feeling like this is spam. This computer has Vipre AV, which is pretty much the best antivirus program, plus it has passive protection from Spybot Search & Destroy and Spywareblaster.

Running a Malwarebytes deep scan right now...

Anybody else gotten a message like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
We're looking into to see what may be the problem as we've encountered this same exact problem back in November of last year. It looks like we haven't fully depleted this yet. Thanks for bringing this up!

[quote name='eugaet']WARNING

After signing up on the forum, I got an email saying I had a PM on the site. Says virus detected on my PC, download Security Tool 2010 through this link blah blah blah malware.

Hopefully you didn't sign up with the same username/password used on other sites. No telling what else has dug itself into the site.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the heads up. Glad you posted because I was thinking about registering.

Yup, got that email too (as you can see from the list -_-). I wouldn't be quick to blame the site, since anyone can come in and make a ModAdministrator account and send an email like that. But it is fishy that it happened shortly after signing up for the site.I'm sure I don't have to tell you guys, but you'd do well to ignore that email.

I just received an e-mail telling me someone sent me a PM on your site. Now I have some guy telling me that he is going to report me to my ISP for spamming (even though I've never spammed anyone or anything in my life) unless I download some program. You guys need to get your site in order...because I know I wish I never had signed up for it.

bread's done
Back