Win a FREE copy of Nintendogs

nintendokingdom

CAGiversary!
http://www.nintendokingdom.com is relaunching their website on August 14th, and to start the hype up around the site they are offering a FREE copy of Nintendogs to whoever can achieve the highest score in the Super Mario DS Mini-Game "Bob-omb Squad". The contest ends on August 31st, 2005 so you have a couple weeks to practice. For full details on the contest check out http://www.nintendokingdom.com or follow the link below that takes you directly to the contest rules
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=88967&threadid=514639

Please Don't Consider This Spam, it's a CHEAP ASS DEAL, that can help anyone of you guys get a FREE copy of Nintendogs.

[quote name='nintendokingdom']http://www.nintendokingdom.com is relaunching their website on August 14th, and to start the hype up around the site they are offering a FREE copy of Nintendogs to whoever can achieve the highest score in the Super Mario DS Mini-Game "Bob-omb Squad". The contest ends on August 31st, 2005 so you have a couple weeks to practice. For full details on the contest check out http://www.nintendokingdom.com or follow the link below that takes you directly to the contest rules
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=88967&threadid=514639

Please Don't Consider This Spam, it's a CHEAP ASS DEAL, that can help anyone of you guys get a FREE copy of Nintendogs.[/QUOTE]

with your name also being nintendokingdom, is it "their" website or "your" website?

Too bad the mini game wasnt Pair-a-Gone and On, I haven't seen anybody come close to my high score (2244).

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']with your name also being nintendokingdom, is it "their" website or "your" website?[/QUOTE]

Yes I am in charge of the website but I put "their" to symbolize it as more then one person's site, but please don't let that distract from my message. I am in no way intending to spam up the forums. I want every and anyone that is capable of getting the highscore to come in and give it a shot. We will be giving out prizes often on our website, and in our forums. High Score Contests, Read Reviews, and awarding users for good posts and being good members. The forums are currently under-construction, but by the time the contest is over, they should be up and running 100%.

[quote name='nintendokingdom']Yes I am in charge of the website but I put "their" to symbolize it as more then one person's site, but please don't let that distract from my message. I am in no way intending to spam up the forums. I want every and anyone that is capable of getting the highscore to come in and give it a shot. We will be giving out prizes often on our website, and in our forums. High Score Contests, Read Reviews, and awarding users for good posts and being good members. The forums are currently under-construction, but by the time the contest is over, they should be up and running 100%.[/QUOTE]

seemed like you were trying to poorly hide the fact that you had something to do with "their" site...not to mention the fact that you posted this in the wrong forum...and that you should've contacted cheapy about this first

Well if I was trying to "hide" the fact that I was a part of the website, don't you think I'd have used a different username then "nintendokingdom"? I admit I am advertising my own site and contest, but it is there for you to win. This is basically a win/win situation. There are enough hardcore gamers in this forum that I'm sure somebody here can come up with the high-score.

I apologize if I have posted in the wrong section, where is it that I could post? And I wasn't aware of having to ask "cheapy" if that was ok, is that normal for people to do when posting? Either way, I will contact him and inform him. Thank you for your help.

[quote name='nintendokingdom']Well if I was trying to "hide" the fact that I was a part of the website, don't you think I'd have used a different username then "nintendokingdom"? I admit I am advertising my own site and contest, but it is there for you to win. This is basically a win/win situation. There are enough hardcore gamers in this forum that I'm sure somebody here can come up with the high-score.

I apologize if I have posted in the wrong section, where is it that I could post? And I wasn't aware of having to ask "cheapy" if that was ok, is that normal for people to do when posting? Either way, I will contact him and inform him. Thank you for your help.[/QUOTE]

dont ask me why you do what do, i dont know you and ive seen other users do dumber things...so its not impossible...its actually very likely IMO

you should've been upfront to begin with and said that it was your site...we then wouldn't even be having this conversation

and i thank you for that

the other deals and requests forum specifically says that contests belong there

what do you benefit out of giving away a free game? maybe you're banking on a lot of users from here to become users over there...while some may become users of both site, some may also become loyal to your site only...which then takes from this site...so i feel that you should contact cheapy to make sure its okay that you're advertising another site in his site...its kind of like an employee at mcdonalds going over to burger king holding up a sign saying you'll get a free happy meal if stop over there...so no, smartass...you don't need to inform cheapy every time you post

you're welcome

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][
you should've been upfront to begin with and said that it was your site...we then wouldn't even be having this conversation
[/QUOTE]

I think it's more along the lines if you weren't so anal, we wouldn't be having the convo, either way enjoy and have a nice day.

[quote name='nintendokingdom']I think it's more along the lines if you weren't so anal, we wouldn't be having the convo, either way enjoy and have a nice day.[/QUOTE]

i think you're lucky you're giving away a free game or else noone would give a shit about you or your site

When can I expect my copy?

(BTW, do you have a dead pixel? I think I can see one in one of your pics. Also, you can rest assured that if all you require is a pic, then you'll have about 80% photoshopped entries. It's extremely easy to get a blank background and to get all of the numbers. Hell, I made mine in Paint in 5 minutes and it doesn't look half bad. If I had a feathering tool and an hour, that game would be mine. You should require a full video of the actual game being played.)

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i think you're lucky you're giving away a free game or else noone would give a shit about you or your site[/QUOTE]

ouch..

For a while there I thought it was going to be a 500 page thread with just SD and Nintendowhatever going back and forth. That would've been comedy gold. For the record, I agree with SD about at the very least getting permission.

[quote name='bradr']For a while there I thought it was going to be a 500 page thread with just SD and Nintendowhatever going back and forth. That would've been comedy gold. For the record, I agree with SD about at the very least getting permission.[/QUOTE]

he doesn't have enough material ;)

[quote name='evilmax17']When can I expect my copy?

(BTW, do you have a dead pixel? I think I can see one in one of your pics. Also, you can rest assured that if all you require is a pic, then you'll have about 80% photoshopped entries. It's extremely easy to get a blank background and to get all of the numbers. Hell, I made mine in Paint in 5 minutes and it doesn't look half bad. If I had a feathering tool and an hour, that game would be mine. You should require a full video of the actual game being played.)[/QUOTE]

lol, my real score is better than your fake score...I loved that bob-omb game it's 93,000 even. =P

[quote name='bradr']For a while there I thought it was going to be a 500 page thread with just SD and Nintendowhatever going back and forth. That would've been comedy gold. For the record, I agree with SD about at the very least getting permission.[/QUOTE]

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd respond to SD with macros and eliza to start a flame war.

Then, you'd get the 500 pages and SD would effectively be talking to thin air.

I'm sure some of you have no idea what eliza, so ... http://i5.nyu.edu/~mm64/x52.9265/january1966.html

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']because of this post, you officially suck at life...how does that make you feel?[/QUOTE]

Better than you any day of the week.

[quote name='evilmax17']When can I expect my copy?

(BTW, do you have a dead pixel? I think I can see one in one of your pics. Also, you can rest assured that if all you require is a pic, then you'll have about 80% photoshopped entries. It's extremely easy to get a blank background and to get all of the numbers. Hell, I made mine in Paint in 5 minutes and it doesn't look half bad. If I had a feathering tool and an hour, that game would be mine. You should require a full video of the actual game being played.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the concern about photoshopping, and the dead pixel. For people photoshopping, we have a solution/method to find out if it's real or faked, but can't really reveal how or else people would find a way around it...so no worries there. It's not a dead pixel by the way, I think it's just dust/dirt on my camera lense not on the DS screen.

I PM'd CheapyD to let him know about this thread.

To the OP, contents and the like that aren't "deals" per-se need to go through CheapyD for approval.

I'm sure he'll contact you about it, one way or the other.

And people, you all know flame wars are the best way to get threads locked. :roll: Keep it on topic, or take it elsewhere.

5753076_5dee0a4c8c.jpg

nintendokingdom I'm going to enter the contest! :)

seems like a good contest. Hopefully it's legit and true.

Anyways, it's time for me to pratice at Bob-omb Squad!

[quote name='shrike4242']I PM'd CheapyD to let him know about this thread.

To the OP, contents and the like that aren't "deals" per-se need to go through CheapyD for approval.

And people, you all know flame wars are the best way to get threads locked. :roll: Keep it on topic, or take it elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

i could've swore i was being helpful at first...i also could've swore that you're repeating some of what i have already said...

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']because of this post, you officially suck at life...how does that make you feel?[/QUOTE]

What's your problem? That wasn't nice. :shame:

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i think you're lucky you're giving away a free game or else noone would give a shit about you or your site[/QUOTE]

That is low. :shame:

All the threadcrappers need to leave.

On topic: Thanks for the contest NintendoKingdom! I would love to try, but I don't have a DS. :(

true, i'd be on this if i had a DS. probably will get one when it's packaged with MP: H.

anyway, yeah, what bug crawled up your ass dropout? like what nintendo k does actually makes any tiny difference to you.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i could've swore i was being helpful at first...i also could've swore that you're repeating some of what i have already said...[/QUOTE]

When things devolved into a flamefest, the helpfulness was a bit hard to find.

[quote name='shrike4242']I PM'd CheapyD to let him know about this thread.

And people, you all know flame wars are the best way to get threads locked. :roll: Keep it on topic, or take it elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Somewhat related: I PM'd CheapyD Sunday (I think), and haven't heard anything yet. I'm sure he has a busy life outside of CAG, but what's a good rule of thumb on waiting for a response from one of the higher ups?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Somewhat related: I PM'd CheapyD Sunday (I think), and haven't heard anything yet. I'm sure he has a busy life outside of CAG, but what's a good rule of thumb on waiting for a response from one of the higher ups?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the issue. If it's been that long, and an issue you think he needs to look at, I'd PM him again. If it's in a mod's power, it could be dealt with by one of us.

bread's done
Back