Win a Wii from Wendy's

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']To the people that won, did any of you receive a second email saying you were validated after the first email saying you won?[/quote]

Nope

Well I'll be receiving some cups and gift cards from Wendy's to give away (on my site). So for those looking for another free method there will be that as soon as I get them.

Holy crap! I won a Wii!!! O_O

How long has it take for people to get their confirmation e-mails? It's been like 10 minutes and I haven't gotten mine yet..

[quote name='fearthespear159']Holy crap! I won a Wii!!! O_O

How long has it take for people to get their confirmation e-mails? It's been like 10 minutes and I haven't gotten mine yet..[/quote]

Dammit! Congrats, I entered about a 30 minutes too early today it looks like.

[quote name='thepik241']I used 4 different email addresses....

The good news is that I won a Wii Points Card :D

Even though I don't even own a Wii...[/quote]

Bad idea... I did the same thing early on, and then I saw in the contest rules they can disqualify you for that. IF you get caught that is, so who knows. Anyway, after I found out I stopped using multiple emails, made a new email, changed my mailing address to my mom's house and hopefully those entries will count.

In other news I won another Wii game today. I hope I get at least one of them though (if not both) and they're not the same game.

I still don't have a Wii though, but if I get both of these games I'll definitely buy one in September.

If I do get both games, and they're duplicates I'll do the sporting thing and hold a contest for the duplicate right here on CAG for all those that entered, posted in this thread, and didn't win anything.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Bad idea... I did the same thing early on, and then I saw in the contest rules they can disqualify you for that. IF you get caught that is, so who knows. Anyway, after I found out I stopped using multiple emails, made a new email, changed my mailing address to my mom's house and hopefully those entries will count.

In other news I won another Wii game today. I hope I get at least one of them though (if not both) and they're not the same game.

I still don't have a Wii though, but if I get both of these games I'll definitely buy one in September.

If I do get both games, and they're duplicates I'll do the sporting thing and hold a contest for the duplicate right here on CAG for all those that entered, posted in this thread, and didn't win anything.[/quote]
The contest rules says the most you can win is one of each prize (by which I mean one Wii, one game, one points card), so unless you won the first game using your first contact info and then the second game with your alternate contact info, you'll only be getting one.

lol, this reminds me of the 'every ten minutes' contest w/ the 360's. I didn't win that thing but it sure was fun collecting codes from the caps =)

question -- if you sign up for this using the free method, how are you guys getting '5 tries a day'? if the rules say you can only have one account... can u just re enter the info and it'll be the 'same account' or something? or are you guys all just making multiple accounts? my question is, how are you all trying 5 a day?

TIA :)

btw-- this section of the official rules doesn't sound very pleasant.

8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Instant Win Game constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.

[quote name='dt_']lol, this reminds me of the 'every ten minutes' contest w/ the 360's. I didn't win that thing but it sure was fun collecting codes from the caps =)

question -- if you sign up for this using the free method, how are you guys getting '5 tries a day'? if the rules say you can only have one account... can u just re enter the info and it'll be the 'same account' or something? or are you guys all just making multiple accounts? my question is, how are you all trying 5 a day?

TIA :)

btw-- this section of the official rules doesn't sound very pleasant.[/quote]

When you enter for via the alternate method it says you can try again on the losing screen, so just click that link. Five times per an account per day is the max.

[quote name='dt_']
btw-- this section of the official rules doesn't sound very pleasant.

Quote:
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Instant Win Game constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.[/quote]

Don't worry about it. This is a standard boilerplate clause found in many if not all contests. The chance that they ever would require your name or likeness beyond naming you on the winner's map is slim to none

Well I'm getting in on this a bit late. And the sad thing is, I've been to Wendy's at least 3 times over the course of this promotion and still never noticed it. Guess that's cuz I don't like soda (I like frosty's though!).

Oh well, entered using the alternate medthod (I actually read the rules, didn't even get to the posts with the links until afterwards). No dice. Will try again tomorrow.

I don't own a Wii either, but I've been "babbysitting" a friend's Wii for 2 months now so it's sorta like owning one... until he finally asks for it back haha.

[quote name='mlettich']The contest rules says the most you can win is one of each prize (by which I mean one Wii, one game, one points card), so unless you won the first game using your first contact info and then the second game with your alternate contact info, you'll only be getting one.[/quote]

Somehow I missed that too. I just hope I get one of those games still, and I didn't ruin it for myself earlier on.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']this is bs...i've tried everyday using 3 different family member's name...and not a single win...[/quote]
If it's done like most "instant win" type contests, they have predetermined times that are winners. Whoever is the first to play after that chosen time wins the prize. I just won a t-shirt this way with the Dunkin Donuts SoBe Energy Coolatta contest. Too bad I would have rather won an xbox hehe. Or in the Wendy's Frosty contest's case... a Wii. :D

Won a Wii 2000 points card last night using the alt method! Awesome! Gonna keep trying to win a game or a Wii for my girlfriend.

I won a wii console on july 23rd using the alt. free method.Got the confrimation email and everything.Name still isnt on the winners map.I emailed them about it and they confirmed im a winner even though my name isnt on the map.Its just some sort of programming error thats not allowing certain states to show winners i guess.

[quote name='icpmattj']I won a wii console on july 23rd using the alt. free method.Got the confrimation email and everything.Name still isnt on the winners map.I emailed them about it and they confirmed im a winner even though my name isnt on the map.Its just some sort of programming error thats not allowing certain states to show winners i guess.[/quote]

Hmm winners map eh... have to locate that! Congrats on winning a Wii.

I'm on it! I hope I get a wii game afterall.

Well, tomorrow is the last day of the contest, so if ever there was a time to get lucky, that would be it. There's got to still be a Wii or two left to be won.

FYI - Prizes will be shipping soon, and should arrive within 1-2 weeks (from another board, per email received from eprize). :mrgreen:

[quote name='djak1']FYI - Prizes will be shipping soon, and should arrive within 1-2 weeks (from another board, per email received from eprize). :mrgreen:[/quote]

Sweet, haven't gotten any email yet and will eagerly await it. I can't wait for my Wii, I hope Wii Sports is still included in these systems.
(Because that is supposed to be a kinda limited time thing, right?)

[quote name='mrcheapo11']Sweet, haven't gotten any email yet and will eagerly await it. I can't wait for my Wii, I hope Wii Sports is still included in these systems.
(Because that is supposed to be a kinda limited time thing, right?)
[/QUOTE]

They did not send blanket emails to all the winners, so you may not get one. Here is the transcript from the post on the other board:

"ME: 8/17 When will my prize be shipped? I will be moving soon and I want to make sure I will be around to receive it.

ePrize: 8/17 Thank you for contacting us regarding the Win a Wii. Your question is very important to us. We are not able to update your address to your new address. These prizes have been shipped and should arrive shortly to the address you registered with.

ME: 8/17 When were they shipped and who were they shipped through? Knowing that will make it easier for me to make sure I get the prize.

ePrize: 8/20 Your prize is being shipped via UPS Ground. Please expect it in 1-2 weeks. Should you need any additional clarification, or have any other questions regarding this promotion, please do not hesitate to contact us directly."

Hope this helps (I am not sure of the answer to your Wii Sports question). :D

[quote name='djak1']They did not send blanket emails to all the winners, so you may not get one. Here is the transcript from the post on the other board:

"ME: 8/17 When will my prize be shipped? I will be moving soon and I want to make sure I will be around to receive it.

ePrize: 8/17 Thank you for contacting us regarding the Win a Wii. Your question is very important to us. We are not able to update your address to your new address. These prizes have been shipped and should arrive shortly to the address you registered with.

ME: 8/17 When were they shipped and who were they shipped through? Knowing that will make it easier for me to make sure I get the prize.

ePrize: 8/20 Your prize is being shipped via UPS Ground. Please expect it in 1-2 weeks. Should you need any additional clarification, or have any other questions regarding this promotion, please do not hesitate to contact us directly."

Hope this helps (I am not sure of the answer to your Wii Sports question). :D[/quote]

Thanks so much! No problem about the whole Wii Sports thing, I assume it will still be included. Now I can eagerly wait for my Wii from UPS instead, yay!

Got my Wii games today. Ended up with Mario Party 8 and Big Brain Academy Wii Degree. Sure I was hoping for Super Paper Mario the most, but I'm definitely very happy to not only get two games, but two different games.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Got my Wii games today. Ended up with Mario Party 8 and Big Brain Academy Wii Degree. Sure I was hoping for Super Paper Mario the most, but I'm definitely very happy to not only get two games, but two different games.[/quote]

Where are you located and where did the games ship from?

I got my wii yesterday of or the day before (can't remember, I was too busy playing BioShock). Just thought I'd repost in here to say thanks to CAG and of course the OP. Also, it just came in a cardboard box with a small letter that said congradulations. Nothing exciting - except of course the actual prize.

I'd post a picture, but I don't know how

Yes! I got my Wii within the past hour. It came via UPS Ground, from Michigan, like other have said. I connected to the internet, and the system update is taking forever(atleast 30 minutes and only like 1/5 of the way there). I am so excited to play it, but the update is taking forever :cry:

Got my 2000 Points card. It's a different kind. Instead of having that silver area to scratch on the back, the number is already written out.

bread's done
Back