Win a Wii or a DS Lite

My dad broke his DS and he's a long haul truck driver and can't afford to buy another one. He really needs one for entertainment since a TV in his truck doesn't get anything but what rabbit ears can get. Which sucks. He accidently left his DS in the door storage compartment when it was raining and somehow the door didn't shut all the way and it got wet and it got damaged beyond repair. So if I win that DS, I'm giving it to him. He needs one. Thanks OP, I hope I win.

[quote name='BluesCluesMama']My dad broke his DS and he's a long haul truck driver and can't afford to buy another one. He really needs one for entertainment since a TV in his truck doesn't get anything but what rabbit ears can get. Which sucks. He accidently left his DS in the door storage compartment when it was raining and somehow the door didn't shut all the way and it got wet and it got damaged beyond repair. So if I win that DS, I'm giving it to him. He needs one. Thanks OP, I hope I win.[/quote]

I thought truck drivers made bank?

They do but my mom has some serious medical bills. She's disabled on top of having a condition that is incurable and might one day kill her. When she was diagnosed they told her she had only about five years tops if she was lucky, but they didn't realize at the time that the meds they put her on would work so well. It's been nearly 20 years now. But those meds on top of all the surgeries from her other medical problems are expensive. Most guys would have run off on her by now but my dad is madly in love with my mother and would never do that. Even with their health insurance they pay just about $1000 in her meds alone. Not sure how much her doctor visits costs.

But to make things worse their house is falling apart. Their water isn't working right, their furnace needs to be replaced, and the electric is bad. This all happened all within the past month. So when his DS broke he decided he'd go without it because they can't afford it right now. Everything is just happening all at once.

Bluescluesmama, is a chick btw
[quote name='Vegan']Sorry, dude. Yeah, I guess a DS is pretty low on the totem pole.[/quote]

Maybe the DS would be great for getting his mind off all that, huh? A tiny sparkle in a sea of darkness.

BluesCluesMama, I love your avatar.

Yeah, he loves playing stuff where you raise monsters, like monster rancher or pokemon. Or Final Fantasy games too. I really feel bad for him and if I ever do win one of these things I'm sending it straight to him.

And thanks, it's from Fruits Basket. ^_^

I know, I loved that series. The manga was even better, but I'm too cheap to buy it unless I can get the imports cheap...

I've got the normal DVDs but I missed the artbox, so I've been tempted to get the thinpak and sell the ones I have. :(

bread's done
Back