Wind Waker HD Limited now available on EB Games

What the...

exclaim.gif
 Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• Currently The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker HD EB Games Exclusive Limited Edition is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.

What the...

exclaim.gif
Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• Currently The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker HD EB Games Exclusive Limited Edition is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.
Oh please just be a server issue.

It could be sold out like there gamestop counterpart.

fuck , it says not available now.... I'll have to try in-store preorder tomorrow.
I've asked an EB representative, they say that all the online allocations have been sold (in literally less than an hour).

They are opening pre order in store forms tomorrow. (Don't dwaddle I think that could be in very limited numbers too)

Sorry I've misread that, they meant it'll be in store tomorrow and it's first come first serve.

Another EB representative has contacted me... through twitter (how did they find me?) and are telling me that pre orders are available in store. Not the actual product...

What the heck is going on with this game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, GameStop?  This is what you're offering?  When it said "exclusive limited edition", I didn't think that would mean less than an hour of actual availability.  EFF.

Don't worry guys. There will be "used" copies available in complete and excellent condition for only a $40 markup in no time.   :bomb:

Really, GameStop? This is what you're offering? When it said "exclusive limited edition", I didn't think that would mean less than an hour of actual availability. EFF.

Don't worry guys. There will be "used" copies available in complete and excellent condition for only a $40 markup in no time. :bomb:
You're mistaking GameStop for EB Games Canada. I wish EB Games would sell rare, brand-new games.

You get a box too. Don't forget the box.
Gotta love a good box.

I'm not being a prick, I just don't get the allure of figurines/statues/toys/coins/random shit. Glad they do this stuff for the folks who are into it though, seems more worthwhile than stupid DLC, etc.

went in around 11am today and it was already sold out but i didnt expect it to be available anyway. plus i dont even have a wii-u lol.

went in around 11am today and it was already sold out but i didnt expect it to be available anyway. plus i dont even have a wii-u lol.
My EB told me it wasn't even in there system yet. Manager said "oh yea we got an email about it or something" Yet they had nothing on it, i don't know if that means my store isn't getting any or if that just means they were sold out already.

Gotta love a good box.

I'm not being a prick, I just don't get the allure of figurines/statues/toys/coins/random shit. Glad they do this stuff for the folks who are into it though, seems more worthwhile than stupid DLC, etc.
Physical goods tend to appreciate better and easier to transfer than digital if you decide to sell in the future.

In a sense, you could say physical collectors are more of an investment.

That's just my 2c about it though.

Physical goods tend to appreciate better and easier to transfer than digital if you decide to sell in the future.

In a sense, you could say physical collectors are more of an investment.

That's just my 2c about it though.
Totally makes sense. Though, really, I don't think a lot of people (especially ones here) are buying these things with the plan to sell. Lots of folks have figurine collections and the like, I've just never understood the appeal.

I remember getting a branded controller with the pre-order of a damn hockey game back in the PS2 days, and I thought that was pretty cool, while at the same time being useful. Regardless of my interest, I fully support physical pre-order goodies vs. their digital counterparts that have seemingly taken over.

I wandered in today having just heard about this. Supposedly the instore preorder date was circulated online in advance, my EB had a lineup at opening, and apparently every shop in my town was pre-soldout within an hour of opening.

Pretty pathetic, it's like Nintendo doesn't want sales...

I wandered in today having just heard about this. Supposedly the instore preorder date was circulated online in advance, my EB had a lineup at opening, and apparently every shop in my town was pre-soldout within an hour of opening.

It's pretty hard to tell what Nintendo's thinking at times. We still need a proper reprint of Xenoblade, not this new supply of "used" copies at gamestop that they were selling for $90. They also reprinted Super Mario All-Stars, after selling out quickly, as well as with Fire Emblem: Awakening. In the case of FE:A though, I'm not sure if that was just an unprecedented demand for Fire Emblem or if there was just a short stock shortage cause of a delay in a 2nd shipment for w/e reason. I could see there being a 2nd printing of this just cause of how fast it sold out and how unavailable it was.

They actually wrote the instore preorder date on the title of the game online. It was no secret.

I would have pre-ordered this, if I wasn't already strapped for cash. I have a lot of games coming in for the next few months. Not to mention GTAV will be taking most of my time away from them.

They actually wrote the instore preorder date on the title of the game online. It was no secret.
Except from people that have lives and don't watch the internet. That's kinda the point of pre-ordering, so you don't have to lineup to get things.

I'm not really upset they made people lineup though. I just think it's silly they haven't made enough stock of a system seller, while the Wii U is failing pretty hard. I would've picked this up if I could, and probably a U to play it. Now I think I'll just keep waiting for X or something.

Except from people that have lives and don't watch the internet. That's kinda the point of pre-ordering, so you don't have to lineup to get things.

I'm not really upset they made people lineup though. I just think it's silly they haven't made enough stock of a system seller, while the Wii U is failing pretty hard. I would've picked this up if I could, and probably a U to play it. Now I think I'll just keep waiting for X or something.
WHAT?

So you want to play the game but the fact that you can't get a figurine that is exclusive to EBgames and Gamespot (which costs you $10 bucks) with it means you'll just skip the game entirely? You can still easily get the game at launch or even a Wii U bundle that includes it.

Some people are collectors first, gamers second. And you are on a deals site, after all.

I'll be getting the Wii U bundle on the 20th. I actually really enjoyed Wind Waker, and the new improvements they've made might make it the best HD treated game yet. Worth it.

WHAT?

So you want to play the game but the fact that you can't get a figurine that is exclusive to EBgames and Gamespot (which costs you $10 bucks) with it means you'll just skip the game entirely? You can still easily get the game at launch or even a Wii U bundle that includes it.
I didn't say I'd skip the game, but buying a vanilla re:release of a game I've already played and still own, doesn't make me buy a console...

I'll be getting the Wii U bundle on the 20th.
I'd totally bite on that console, if it actually came with the game and not some worthless download code. As is you're basically just buying it for paint on a controller that's irreplaceable. fuck, if I bought that I simply wouldn't use it because it'd just get wornout, thus making it a waste of my money and closet space.

As of this moment (actually, as of several hours ago), this item is completely sold out and all stores have been directed to cease pre-orders.

I just pre-ordered the last two copies at my EB yesterday in Winnipeg. I totally would've pre-ordered this sooner, but I didn't even know it existed till a couple of days ago. It seems like this CE was so under the radar.

They have this back in stock on the US. site.   $15 for shipping but at least it's a chance for anyone who missed it to get it.

Not too bad. I just dropped an order on it, thanks.

I could've gotten it shipped to a Washington PO that charges a nominal fee to receive stuff for Canadians, but it seems they're charging $3 shipping and sales tax. Considering the extra costs it's only like $4 extra to have it sent to my door. Assuming of course I don't get hit by taxes, but I haven't gotten hit on ~$50 items in a good while so I don't know if they're still taxing them.

Not too bad. I just dropped an order on it, thanks.

I could've gotten it shipped to a Washington PO that charges a nominal fee to receive stuff for Canadians, but it seems they're charging $3 shipping and sales tax. Considering the extra costs it's only like $4 extra to have it sent to my door. Assuming of course I don't get hit by taxes, but I haven't gotten hit on ~$50 items in a good while so I don't know if they're still taxing them.
I ordered one too and I was kinda of thinking the same thing. Haven't been hit with import fees in awhile so I rolled the dice. My local store was still saying they are sold out so this was a much better option then the $150 on ebay right now.

Glad I could help point you in the direction of this.

I tried to get one and although it lets me add the limited edition to my cart it removes it whenever I got to complete checkout.

So frustrating! It's almost within my grasp.

If anyone has any luck ordering one please let me know!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWvBDdvnyjA[/media]

I like the gold foil on the box art. The Ganondorf figurine is kinda meh.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWvBDdvnyjA[/media]

I like the gold foil on the box art. The Ganondorf figurine is kinda meh.
I saw this.

That gold foil on the box art is what has me wanting to keep mine right now. The lack of glass over the figure sucks but I could live with it but then you shrink the base down? Ugh now the whole thing just looks so cheap compared to the EU ver. which I would happily display.

I saw this.

That gold foil on the box art is what has me wanting to keep mine right now. The lack of glass over the figure sucks but I could live with it but then you shrink the base down? Ugh now the whole thing just looks so cheap compared to the EU ver. which I would happily display.
The regular copies also have a gold cover; this is nothing more than a regular copy in a cheap box with a cheap figure. You may as well go ahead and get the regular version.

The regular copies also have a gold cover; this is nothing more than a regular copy in a cheap box with a cheap figure. You may as well go ahead and get the regular version.
Yep, I saw that shortly after my posting that comment.

Sure pumped I got in on that last pre-order now. "/

I ordered one too and I was kinda of thinking the same thing. Haven't been hit with import fees in awhile so I rolled the dice. My local store was still saying they are sold out so this was a much better option then the $150 on ebay right now.

Glad I could help point you in the direction of this.
Well, I got nailed with $18 in tax/brokerage. If I knew the US Gamestop was going to UPS it up here I wouldn't have had it shipped over the boarder. UPS is the worst option for sending stuff up here.

Well, I got nailed with $18 in tax/brokerage. If I knew the US Gamestop was going to UPS it up here I wouldn't have had it shipped over the boarder. UPS is the worst option for sending stuff up here.
Oh dear lord.... mine is coming monday from them and if I've gotta pay that I'm just dumping it onto ebay and getting my money back. ugh.

bread's done
Back