Wind Waker Question.

I wonder if I even still have my own save file? I always wanted to go through it with the alternate clothing and find out what the feej the hyrulian text says. I hope the dragon says something silly.

Honestly, the parts that annoyed me in this game were some of the side quests. I recall one of the heart pieces required sailing around the entire map to 8(I think) random tiny islands within a time limit(and if I'm remembering correctly you couldn't use warps). That was annoying. Also I finished the entire Nintendo Gallery, which was also way too annoying. Especially the fact that it is impossible to finish on the first play through, and even on the second time through it's easy to miss some of the pictures needed to finish it off.

Still the good stuff more than makes up for the bad. I loved going through the cave full of enemies back at the first island, especially the very last room where you fight 4 Darknuts at once. The Wind Waker version was way more fun than the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess.

The TP one wasn't as hard as everyone made it out to be. But then again, I played the GC version, so I didn't have sword spin delays, or difficulties doing any of the special moves. :p

Am I the only person in the world that started collecting the Triforce pieces before the end of the game? ;) I honestly enjoyed exploring the overworld and doing sidequests more than I enjoyed some of the dungeons, so the eleventh-hour fetch quest wasn't too painful for me. And no, I didn't start early because I'd read about the infamous quest on the internets. I remember just stumbling on the maps on some of the islands. I did, however, read a spoiler that ruined the biggest surprise in the game :bomb:

I remember the same happening in Metroid Prime.
I had already collected most of the (what were they called?) Chozo artifacts before you were forced to find them.

actually i did the same thing as well, just went around searching for the pieces before i actually HAD TO, didn't seem like much of a chore

I didn't do it, but not because of wanting to keep things unspoiled. I just wasn't able to find any maps or was lucky enough to stumble upon them.

Anyone who actually complains about having to go all over, collecting pieces of the Tri-force in a ZELDA GAME is simply looking for things to complain about.

[quote name='Vegan']Anyone who actually complains about having to go all over, collecting pieces of the Tri-force in a ZELDA GAME is simply looking for things to complain about.[/QUOTE]
You keep telling yourself that.

[quote name='The Crotch']1: There was a delay in it?
2: The only real problem in the Cave for me were the ice enemies. Cheap motherfuckers. Probably would have been easy had I stocked up on bombs first. As it was, I just slapped on the magic armour and charged the spearmen, then took my time with the big guys.[/quote]Oh yes, there was a delay in the Wii version. DIdn't you notice Link's sword shining a few seconds after he did a spin attack? That was the "cue" that meant that you were allowed to do it again. In the GC version, you could to them nonstop.

And yeah, fuck those ice enemies. My only greivance in the cave, pretty much. The three darknuts in the last room gave me less trouble.

[quote name='zewone']WW is sooooooooooo much better than Twilight Princess.[/quote]

I think I can agreee with this - definitely in the graphics department. WW will look great 20 years from now whereas TP already looks like shit.

[quote name='whoknows']You keep telling yourself that.[/quote]

Are you mental? Zelda games are ABOUT collecting pieces of the Tri-force. It's their very reason for existence. Complaining about that is like complaining about having to collect little monsters in Pokemon games.

[quote name='Vegan']Are you mental? Zelda games are ABOUT collecting pieces of the Tri-force. It's their very reason for existence. Complaining about that is like complaining about having to collect little monsters in Pokemon games.[/QUOTE]
Don't remember having to do it in Ocarina Of Time.

In Windwaker it was a LAME attempt to artificially lengthen the game.

[quote name='whoknows']Don't remember having to do it in Ocarina Of Time.

In Windwaker it was a LAME attempt to artificially lengthen the game.[/quote]

In Wind Waker, collecting the Tri-force was an attempt to pull the wool over our eyes and lengthen the game... Oookayyy... I don't know what you were expecting when you bought the game but I was expecting to collect the Tri-force. I don't know what to say, other than "Sorry for the disappointment"?

[quote name='Vegan']....

In Wind Waker, collecting the Tri-force was an attempt to pull the wool over our eyes and lengthen the game... Oookayyy... I don't know what you were expecting when you bought the game but I was expecting to collect the Tri-force. I don't know what to say, other than "Sorry for the disappointment"?[/quote]

well most times you get triforce pieces you do so after a decent boss battle and dungeon crawl you dont go fishing for it. but all in all windwaker was better than twilight princess overall but both games got crammed with unnecessary extra crap to try and stretch out a story like thanksgiving turkey and they both had lame final boss battles. oot and mm hell even the original zelda to me are better than these games. but they all had their merits especially the gba zelda and gb zeldas.

[quote name='Vegan']....

In Wind Waker, collecting the Tri-force was an attempt to pull the wool over our eyes and lengthen the game... Oookayyy... I don't know what you were expecting when you bought the game but I was expecting to collect the Tri-force. I don't know what to say, other than "Sorry for the disappointment"?[/quote]I gotta agree with Who on this one. When I first played this, the last thing on my mind was the Triforce. Then when I found out that I had to go on a "quest" to find them (fetch quests: a Zelda standard), I was saddened, but not enough to shun the game.

Still an amazing game, and still beats the pants off of TP.

[quote name='lokizz']well most times you get triforce pieces you do so after a decent boss battle and dungeon crawl you dont go fishing for it. but all in all windwaker was better than twilight princess overall but both games got crammed with unnecessary extra crap to try and stretch out a story like thanksgiving turkey and they both had lame final boss battles. oot and mm hell even the original zelda to me are better than these games. but they all had their merits especially the gba zelda and gb zeldas.[/quote]

There were still boss battles, you just got things that enabled you to find the next Tri-force piece, instead of getting the Tri-force piece itself after beating the bosses.

bread's done
Back