Windows 7 Student Discount

Trikip

CAGiversary!
Hi, I found this deal where college students can get the Windows 7 upgrade for only $29.99. My brother is a college student but I am not. However, I was wondering if I could use his college information (with his permission, of course) to purchase Windows 7 for the family computer. He uses this family computer the same amount, if not more than his college laptop since he lives at home. I don't want to cheat or do anything illegal, so could someone please tell me if this will work? Thank you very much.

EDIT: Upon doing more research, I discovered that I would have to do a clean install for this version of Windows 7 to work. This thread can be deleted, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SirMikael']Why can't you go to college like your brother and make us proud??[/QUOTE]

I know it sounds like hes putting alot of pressure on you, and we know you and your brother are two separate people. But we just want whats best for you.

gees just answer her question instead of juding........yes its perfectly find they basically just gonna need a email that ends with edu. I installed it on my gradmothers and she just paid me and I'm sure mircosoft dont care as longs as they get money

[quote name='ray2dee']gees just answer her question instead of juding........yes its perfectly find they basically just gonna need a email that ends with edu. I installed it on my gradmothers and she just paid me and I'm sure mircosoft dont care as longs as they get money[/QUOTE]

They're just joking dude...

Can't imagine you'd need to do a "clean install" for it to work... even the box says it works as an upgrade.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Can't imagine you'd need to do a "clean install" for it to work... even the box says it works as an upgrade.[/QUOTE]

If you have Windows Vista, then you can do an upgrade. If you have Windows XP, you need to do a clean install.

I'm not in college because I'm 16... Don't make assumptions. I'm going to college right when I finish high school. But thanks for the information everyone.

Thanks to the OP. I jumped on this deal! I need to upgrade my Vista 32bit install for a Windows 7 64bit. This deal made it cheap to do so. :D

[quote name='urabob']Thanks to the OP. I jumped on this deal! I need to upgrade my Vista 32bit install for a Windows 7 64bit. This deal made it cheap to do so. :D[/QUOTE]

No problem. What version of Vista do you have? If it's Home Premium, could you let me know how the upgrade goes?

[quote name='Trikip']No problem. What version of Vista do you have? If it's Home Premium, could you let me know how the upgrade goes?[/QUOTE]

I have Vista Business. Since I'm going from 32 bit to 64 bit, I'll have to do a clean install. Which is fine since it gives me a clean start without all the pre-installed (unwanted) software that came with the computer originally.

[quote name='Vinny']If you have Windows Vista, then you can do an upgrade. If you have Windows XP, you need to do a clean install.[/QUOTE]

Horse poop. When I upped from vista to 7 it moved all my old shit to a new folder that's semi locked up and gives me shit every time I make a new file. I'm going back to vista soon.

bread's done
Back