Windows 8 - The Gunstringer: Dead Man Running - FREE till 1/28

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-CA/app/the-gunstringer/0170a18a-c421-4fb1-8e16-e250ccd46820

Looks like a 'Temple Run' clone:

Screenshot.65900.1000000.jpg

Screenshot.65900.1000001.jpg

Screenshot.65900.1000003.jpg

Description
***On Sale for a Limited Time Only!***
The Gunstringer returns on Windows 8 in this all-new sprint-to-the-finish twist on the wildly successful Xbox Kinect game!

Hit the trail at a dead run as you race through three sprawling Wild West locations and 15 levels as the Gunstringer, the legendary skeleton cowboy marionette bent on vengeance. But as the ol’ saying goes—if you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride! Avoid deadly obstacles, take aim in fast-action shootin’ challenges, collect tasty loot, and battle outlaws—all while being pursued by the hands of Hell!

Complete the level-driven Story mode, and then challenge friends for braggin’ rights and loot payouts in three Endless Run levels. Exchange hard-earned loot for new customization options such as weapons, power-ups, and more to aid in the Gunstringer’s quest for the evil bandit!
Read less
Features
• Simple & Responsive Controls: Touch-and-tilt controls offer a fluid and responsive experience. Keyboard and mouse controls are also supported.
• Two Game Modes: The game features 15 story levels with boss battles along with 3 infinite worlds in Endless Runner mode.
• Competitive Play: Asynchronous challenges and leaderboards in Endless Runner mode enhance the social and competitive experience.
• In-app Purchases: Customize the Gunstringer and extend your experience with consumables and downloadable content.
• Connect Across Windows 8 Devices: Effortlessly continue gameplay across multiple Windows 8 devices for a seamless, connected experience.
• Player Customization: Spend your hard-earned gold coins and diamonds to unlock outfits and accessories to customize your Gunstringer, and then share photos of your Gunstringer with your friends.
• Rewards: Rack up coin and diamond rewards for multiple consecutive play-throughs. Each consecutive week increases the reward payout.
• Future Updates: Updates will include new power-ups, environments, customizable options, and more!
• 20 Achivements each worth 10pts for a total Gamerscore of 200

Haven't played it myself but for $1.49 I'll blind buy it.

Edit: 1/24

[quote name='litepink']This game is on sale now for free until Monday, January 28th

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/the-gunstringer/0170a18a-c421-4fb1-8e16-e250ccd46820[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
No black screen here, but I had issues restarting the game after crashing/dying.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Wait, this is a Kinect game on 360... does this activate on 360 too or just Win8?[/QUOTE]

No, its just a Win8 game, uses keyboard for controls.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Wait, this is a Kinect game on 360... does this activate on 360 too or just Win8?[/QUOTE]

it's a different game than the Kinect. This is The Gunstringer: Dead Man Walking.

[quote name='tyrok3k']I picked it up. Weird that I couldn't find what the normal price is anywhere.[/QUOTE]

That's because it hasn't been anything but $1.49 yet. I bought this right before Christmas at the same price.

Do the Win 8 games work the same way as purchases of xbox live games on the 360? Meaning the purchase is tied to your WLID and you can re-download the game from your history if necessary?

They sale this is a sale price, but it's been $1.49 for quite a while now. When the other Windows 8 games have gone on sale, the reduced price has only lasted for a day.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Do the Win 8 games work the same way as purchases of xbox live games on the 360? Meaning the purchase is tied to your WLID and you can re-download the game from your history if necessary?[/QUOTE]

Yes, exactly, tied to your LIVE account.

picked this up the other night and played it last night. Not a bad price at all for the depth of the game: story mode, free run, a store to buy stuff. My 2 year old just seemed amazed at it. Weird that it doesn't use any touch controls, but also fine with me as its a hassle like on iStunt 2 where you can use the keyboard, but HAVE to use touch to do some of the stuff..

[quote name='token2k6']picked this up the other night and played it last night. Not a bad price at all for the depth of the game: story mode, free run, a store to buy stuff. My 2 year old just seemed amazed at it. Weird that it doesn't use any touch controls, but also fine with me as its a hassle like on iStunt 2 where you can use the keyboard, but HAVE to use touch to do some of the stuff..[/QUOTE]

what device are you playing it on? it's says touch and tilt controls.

I have an ancient laptop with a decent touch screen but no acclerometers so if it's a tilt game, I can't use it. I'd have to fall back to KBM.

[quote name='litepink']That's because it hasn't been anything but $1.49 yet. I bought this right before Christmas at the same price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its been this price for a while now.

The game had some glitched achievements, and I think they patched the money glitch.

edit. I just noticed that Where's My Perry and Where's My Water are no longer free, and are now $1.49 :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='boris1']woot downloading now will it work on my laptop? :D[/QUOTE]

Why not? At least you can get it now and worry about it later :)

[quote name='vince_carter']so a temple run clone that costs money[/QUOTE]

I was the last comment of Page 1 - it's free for four days.

But yeah, usually it costs $1.49, which is a bit dissapointing because it was originally announced as a free-to-play title, and still very much feels like one. After they fixed the money glitch I think microtransactions are practically required to obtain all the achievements, or otherwise face a massive grind.

I'm baffled at how many stellar reviews it's getting on the marketplace when people are usually pretty pesimistic in those kinds of places. Don't get me wrong - I like the game and would have paid more (being a huge fan of the Kinect game), but surprised at its general acceptance at $1.49.

[quote name='ral1121']Not really, it's superior to Windows 7.[/QUOTE]

Maybe for tablets. Have it for my laptop and it's pretty much the worst thing ever.

The thought of having it for my desktop? Ahahaha, no.

bread's done
Back