Wings of Honneamise (Blu-ray/DVD) $34.50 shipped from Amazon Marketplace

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Wings of Honneamise (widely considered one of the best theatrical anime films of all time) was published in the US by Bandai Visual. All of Bandai's Blu-Rays have insane MSRPs that are based on what BRs cost in Japan. Notice that Amazon themselves sell this movie for $63.99. So a seller offering it for $31.50 + $3 shipping is actually a deal! You'll never find the Blu-Ray cheaper in new condition, anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...w?ie=UTF8&qid=1257445250&sr=1-1&condition=new
I don't know how many copies the seller has. If you want this version of the movie, it's a good idea to order quickly, before it sells out.

Wings of Honneamise comes in a lovely cardboard box that holds 2 standard DVD cases. One contains the movie on Blu-Ray and the other has it on standard DVD.

3617245171_de2aecb5ce.jpg
3617246325_209423123d.jpg

Hi-Def Digest review

Mania.com review

was there a review done on the PQ of this transfer?

i too enjoyed this movie way back when it was released. was really astonished by the level of detail. but i'm hesitant to put that much coin if the PQ isn't up to standard.

[quote name='eastx']I'm sure the two reviews I linked mention the picture quality. :p[/QUOTE]

my bad. i missed them earlier. sigh. my failure to read again.

Picked up one from the seller due to word of mouth. I haven't watched any anime at all in a long time, but I'll give this one a shot.

Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back