Winners Announced! The Top 150 Games That I Own and Have Never Played

Well, there are a lot of great games there. I'll try to narrow it down by picking some variety... although some categories will be tough to narrow down as there are a lot of viable choices.

free roaming/action
45) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Xbox)
- One of the better GTAs. Always fun driving around in cars listening to 80's music.

platform
50) Jet Force Gemini (N64)
- Could also be classified as a shooter, but it has a very platform-esque feel to it. Probably one of the greatest games of all time, on N64 or otherwise. So much variety, so much to do.

strategy
78) Ogre Battle 64 (N64)
- Maybe not as talked about as FFT, but I find it more enjoyable to play. Many branching paths, many different characters. Truely what the N64 needed at the time of it's release (there was a serious lack of RPG's and RPG influenced games.)

shooter
83) Panzer Dragoon Orta (Xbox)
- Panzer Dragoon is an amazing series as a whole. There may be other shooters out there that top it, but to find so many great games within a series is rare. The Saturn games are truely amazing and the Xbox sequel does them justice.

rpg
137) Tales Of Destiny (PSX)
- A nice mix up in the RPG realm. I have always been a fan of this series ever since I played Tales of Phantasia for SNES. I truely enjoy the action packed fighting. It's a nice change from many of the turn based RPGs out there.

I'm not going to tell you which to play based on which I think are best, but rather, picking out 4 that I, too, have in my collection, but have yet to complete (or even open.), and the one I've actually played and loved the most.

15 Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)
44 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox)
89 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS)
110 Shenmue 2 (Xbox)

And the one I actually recommend for a decent reason:

105 Secret Of Mana (SNES)

Here is my list (kinda in order)...

1.) Nights
In my opinion, this is one of the greatest games ever made. I still own it for my Saturn (which is at my god brother's house, he's using it while I'm at college this year, can't wait till I get home and can play this and Virtua Figter 2). This game came out of no where when it launched and garnered much praise. The excellent controls, smooth yet fast gameplay, and the great presentation all added to this game's mystic. You must play this game, or you will be missing out on one of the greatest gaming experiences ever.

2.) Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
This game is the definition of replay value. Its open ended, has multiple "endings" (if you can even call them that since they are pretty random and you can technically play for ever), and is deep as terrorist's cave in the mountains. I still play this game to this day, and I own the superior Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

3.) Splinter Cell series
If you were to take Metal Gear Solid and give it a realistic, logical story with deeper gamplay and an emphasis on realism and stealth, then you'd get the Splinter Cell series. The second game added multi-player that is unique and unmatched even today. This series is amongst my all time favorites.

4.) Otogi series
This series is very unique and original. Its also beautiful and fun to play. The second one added characters to the game and addressed the few issues in the first game. People really slept on this gem.

5.) Rygar
This is the game that made Devil May Cry and God of War (even more so) possible. Its story is great, and the weapon upgrade system is nyce.

Honorable mentions (so close, I couldn't not mention them; and in no order at all):

6.) Golden Sun series
7.) Panzer Dragoon Orta
8.) Skies Of Arcadia Legends
9.) Gladius
10.) Skies of Arcadia
11.) Grandia II
12.) Tactics Orge
13.) Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
14.) Jade Empire
15.) Chrono Cross

I also decided to do one game to a category. I gave shorter games an advantage, since you obviously don't have time to play all of the ones you've got.

In no particular order
1st person:
1) Chronicles of Riddick

2nd person:
2) Eternal Darkness

Multiplayer:
3) Mario Kart: Double Dash
The co/op and competitive modes make this such a flexible game.

Rail-Shooter:
4) Rez (PS2)

RPG:
I wasn't sure what to make of this category. You have a tremendous selection of RPGs in your list, but that means you haven't played them... I get the feeling that you don't have as much fun with traditional console RPGs as with other genres.
5) Final Fantasy Chronicles
That's presuming that you haven't played Chrono Trigger yet. Otherwise Super Mario RPG, even though it's way too easy. Secret of Mana gets the nod if you have the opportunity to play multi-player.

[quote name='Raiikoh']Play Fatal Frame!

....How is it that you own Steel Batallion....but have never played it?[/QUOTE]

Well, I picked Steel Battalion up when it was $99 at Media Play a couple of years ago. I set the whole thing up to make sure it worked and played through the "training" mission and the next mission. Then, something else bright and shiny must have come along and Steel Batallion got packed up. It's more likely that I actually will play this one when I move to my next house where I can have a basement for a gaming room and the controller won't have to be cluttering up the living room.

I'll be updating the prizes either tonight or tomorrow. I think some of them will interest a few people.

12 Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PSX)
37 Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)
39 Final Fantasy X (PS2)
56 Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)
134 Super Mario RPG (SNES)

All i can say for reasons of playing is that this are what i had the most fun with. Many sleepless nights throughout my life with friends doing every possible thing in each of these games. Fun to play. Fun to Master, Fun to do it all over again. I would definately say those are most true of Castlevania and Zelda which i have played through too many times.

I grabbed some quotes from Metacritic...

1. Castlevania SOTN - "Quite possibly the best 2D action side scroller ever."

2. Eternal Darkness - "A game that plays you with its unique sanity effects, that forces you to adapt to over a dozen characters and that holds no punches when it comes to the horror of Lovecraftian agents plotting out demise, Eternal Darkness will be a significant milestone in gaming for years to come."

3. Zelda: Wind Waker - "Because of the game's subtle tributes to the deeper complexities in life, the game is no less compelling than if I were playing it as a child. The difference is that as an adult, I can herald it as a true work of beauty. "

4. Metroid Prime - "The best game to hit any system in the past few years. No game has captivated me more or been more fun than Metroid Prime in a very long time. "

5. Parasite Eve 2 - "A cracking title, that's so finely tuned and crafted as well as addictive and compelling. "

14 Chrono Cross (PSX)
25 Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (Xbox) - PC Version is MUCH better, depending on your machine.
46 Grandia II (DC)

Wow my list sort of formed itself.

You best play these games, and I best win your stuff :)

July 1st can't come soon enough!!

[quote name='Warner1281']Noticed this thread was falling away, so thought I'd give it a bump (my submission is a few pages back, I think). Any updates on prizes? :D[/QUOTE]

There will most definitely be an update on prizes tomorrow. I've been setting stuff aside in a pile and just need to sit down and go through it when I am at my home computer. I think there's some pretty decent stuff getting added.

[quote name='shipwreck']There will most definitely be an update on prizes tomorrow. I've been setting stuff aside in a pile and just need to sit down and go through it when I am at my home computer. I think there's some pretty decent stuff getting added.[/quote]

Hell, if you picked my games, said I won, and sent me a PM with a smiley, I'd be happy, lol!

1. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (GCN) - kind of like resident evil, but it adds magic and spell abilities, very cool game.
2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox) - you'll easily spend 60+ hours on this game, huge city, plenty of stuff to keep you occupied.
3. Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES) - one of my personal favorites, it's a classic, can't go wrong with it.
4. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2) - imo, the best metal gear yet, great story and gameplay.
5. Resident Evil 4 (GCN) - the best in the franchise imo. my favorite game on the cube.

hope it helps :)

1 - Shining Force II (GEN) One of my favorite games of all time, right up there with the orginial Shining Force, It is a RPG/Stragity games that has tons of battles that you have many different ways of fighting it, Full Force, Luring, Stealth, you name it, has some plot twist you will like, and I MEAN IT.

2 - Resident Evil 4 (GCN) - New games, and it changed what the others before it set, and in a awesome way. The controls are almost perfect for the character, awesome gameplay, with some of the best graphics on the Cube yet!

3 - Super Mario RPG (SNES) One of thoses games when two awesome game companies join together to game a awesome game, this is one of them. One of thoses game you can pick up and play, has tons of secrets in the game, and the gameplay is just fun, also, Squaresoft + Nintendo did some great combation with this game, PLAY IT AFTER THE FIRST TWO ON THIS LIST

4 - Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES) After the small debocial know as LoZ- Link's Adventure(sp) This game went back to the orginial way as the LoZ went, but, with better graphics, better gameplay, alot more items, and alot of more world to explore, you will get hooked, and that you can trusted me with!

5 - Chrono Cross (PSX) If you haven't play the first game, PLAY THAT GAME FIRST((Chrono Trigger if you didn't know)My Fav of all time!) if you don't, you will be confused with the plot. But, the gameplay is a unqiue as in the Battle System lets you pick how damaging the attack you want to use in the battle, and also, you can BUY spells, and also find them, and get them later on in the game, also, this game has alot of plot twists in it, you will love the story.

Well, thats my list what games you play first, have at it!

Okay, I know I said I'd have the prizes updated on Saturday, but unfortunately when I got home on Friday evening I found that my PC had gotten shut off in a storm. When I booted it back up it says that I have a corrupt boot file, so I've been working on and off trying to get it back up and running. I have the majority of prizes written out in a list on that computer. If all goes well (which it probably won't), I'll try and post the prizes after I work on my PC tonight.

Man, I hope I can get it running because it has the file with the vote results so far and I'd rather not go through them all again. :)

well, it's July!! What are the results? from looking at some random votes, it seems that you'll be playing great games no matter what the decision was!!

All the prizes are now up. My computer has been dead for about a week and a half and I've finally got it back up and running somewhat now. I'm extending the voting period through today and I will announce the winner tomorrow. This should give me enough time to try and get Excel working so that I can choose some winners. Sorry about the slight delay.

[quote name='mcgavin27']the game is just so hard you need 2 guides[/QUOTE]

Yes, which is why I'll keep one for myself and replace the second one in the prize list with something else.

Results up shortly.

Doom 3 (not too long but pretty fun)
Far Cry Instincts Predator (pretty fun game of what I played when I rented it)
Grand Theft Auto San Andrea (easily the best GTA, nothing is more fun than being able to fly planes in this game)
MechAssault 2 (also a fairly short game but pretty fun)
Metal Gear Solid 3:Subsistence(I wasn't too hyped about this game despite being a MGS fan but once I got into, wow was it great)

I picked the 5 games on the list that I would go back and play again right now. Of course that list was about 20 games long so I took system into account. This way you get to play something from some older generations and also get away from the same system all the time. If you want you can sub Resident Evil 4 with Riddick to throw in an xbox game.

61 Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker (GCN)
100 Resident Evil 4 (GCN)
121 Sly Cooper And The Thevious Raccoonus (PS2)

might be too late for your giveaways but here's my 5.

1. RE4 - best cube game ever. Grabs you by the balls and don't let go

2. Link to the Past - hours of gaming goodness and does not get old. A walkthrough might help in certain parts for this game. Can get a little frustrating

3. SOTN - One of the top 5 games ever - amazing soundtrack

4. Mario RPG - starts off a little slow but gets addictive fast one of the best turned based games ever

5. Armed and Dangerous - This game IMO has been generally overlooked. It's a fun, goofy, addictive shoot em up with quite possibly one of the coolest weapons ever in a videogame

bread's done
Back