[WINNERS REVEALED] Win a thinkgeek Mario figure/plushes

lawl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
http://www.megatonik.com/2008/05/14/contest-win-plush-mario-sound-bops-or-a-super-mario-figure/
We got some stuff from ThinkGeek to give out and I figured you guys would be interested.. here's the rules:
Post a comment on this post with your favorite game featuring Mario (here’s a list to help you pick), and give a few reasons why it’s better than all the others. Then the person who gave the best reasons will win the Plush Mario Sound Bops (unless they want the Mario figure instead, in which case it will be switched). The person who gave the second best reasons will win the Mario figure. And you win by proving why your game is the best, not by picking a game you think we’ll agree is awesome. If you can give a convincing argument for one of these as the best Mario game ever, you’ll have a much better chance than someone who says Super Mario Galaxy only because “its teh awsum.” After you’ve thought it over post your entry in the comments. This contest will be open until Thursday, May 22 at midnight, so take your time making a decision. Once you’re done, make sure to check out ThinkGeek because they’ve got a lot of other cool stuff for sale.
Also, be sure to only comment on this post once, since otherwise you will be disqualified. Any other discussion about this contest should happen in the forums.
goombandboxes-thinkgeek.jpg

mario-210px.jpg

[quote name='Mooey']It use to be Mario Paint, but after Galaxy was released, I have to go Galaxy.

Why do I love it?
It re-revolutioned the platforming genre. Running upside down never felt so fun in a video game. I'll post more later.[/quote]
dude, post it in the comments at the link in my post :p

Thanks OP, entered. I don't usually write stuff for these sort of contests, but this one was fun.
My vote goes out to Mario Tennis because I love balls, er, rather, I love the combination of Mario and balls…but not Mario’s balls, you see. Mario Tennis for the N64 was the first game to expand the plumber’s horizons beyond monkey-slaying, princess-saving, racing, time-traveling, painting, medicine-practicing, golfing, and typing-tutoring. See, Mario Tennis on the good ‘ol 64 bit system was actually his third attempt at the sport. He inspires us all by living the example of never giving up. If at first you fail, hire a new developer to try again. Words to live by, my friends.

I’ll never forget the first time I laid my hands on the tennis racket and slammed a ball straight into Birdo’s nose. I wondered what would happen. Maybe an egg would pop out Yoshi-style or something, but that might be irreverent or something, teaching kids that life comes from balls. I remember when I played through the tournament bracket for the first time and felt a huge sense of accomplishment just before realizing that I had spent the last three hours sitting in front of my television in the middle of the night in my underwear watching a bunch of strange-looking blocky characters run around on a screen and repeat the same basic movements over and over. But whereas modern day games with that characterization are quickly dismissed, Mario Tennis actually made it fun. Of any N64 game I have played, I think Mario Tennis aged the best. I can still go back to it this day, although fully clothed, and get the same enjoyment I got eight years ago. Smash Bros. games come and go, but Mario Tennis is eternal. Except for the Gamecube version, which sucked.

Just for reference, I'm the Adam posting about Hotel Mario. Y'know, so you know when I win that it was all thanks to you, OP. I hold my deepest gratitude towards you.

Unless you're Andy Kluthe, my new arch-nemesis. In which case I give you this:

>:whistle2:(

Take that, Kluthe! Now stop abusing your time machine to post topics which will lead to me making the post you copied in the future!

[quote name='Sooku']Just for reference, I'm the Adam posting about Hotel Mario. Y'know, so you know when I win that it was all thanks to you, OP. I hold my deepest gratitude towards you.

Unless you're Andy Kluthe, my new arch-nemesis. In which case I give you this:

Take that, Kluthe! Now stop abusing your time machine to post topics which will lead to me making the post you copied in the future![/quote]

Just for the record, I'm your new arch-nemesis. Apparently. Because I'm Andy Kluthe.

Psssh, I didn't need a time machine to usurp your post. If I had a time machine, I'd use it to cruise history, searching for artifacts and inserting multiple choice answers to questions made by iconic figures. And since Mr. Lincoln hasn't asked me which year he performed the Gettysberg Address, I can safely say I have no such device.

Super Mario Rpg: legend of the seven stars
Why: because 1) it was mad in partner with Square Enix and 2) it proved that you could make a game with a great storyline out of a game with hardly any storyline

[quote name='Dejitaru_Davis']Just for the record, I'm your new arch-nemesis. Apparently. Because I'm Andy Kluthe.

Psssh, I didn't need a time machine to usurp your post. If I had a time machine, I'd use it to cruise history, searching for artifacts and inserting multiple choice answers to questions made by iconic figures. And since Mr. Lincoln hasn't asked me which year he performed the Gettysberg Address, I can safely say I have no such device.[/QUOTE]

Such a specific answer for a man without a time machine... but no matter. I'll play along with your little mind games.

Our parodies will clash, and the judges shall decide who is truly the victor. Good versus Evil. One of us will win, the other shall not. All the other entries are null and void. Second place's prize is non-existant. It's just me and you, Kluthe.

May the best man win.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Since I know I won't win...anywhere I can buy that Goomba?[/QUOTE]
Thinkgeek.com has 'em.

Unlike Kluthe.

[quote name='Sooku']Such a specific answer for a man without a time machine... but no matter. I'll play along with your little mind games.

Our parodies will clash, and the judges shall decide who is truly the victor. Good versus Evil. One of us will win, the other shall not. All the other entries are null and void. Second place's prize is non-existant. It's just me and you, Kluthe.

May the best man win.[/quote]

Who's parodying anything? Good man, are you to imply my most sincerest of sincere feelings for CD-i class Hotel Mario are anything but the most sincerely sincerest?

In this game, you are evil and I am justice, outwriting your moving parodic performance by a thousand levels of awesome.

Also, by declaring the best man winner, you are already admitting defeat. And in case that is not obvious enough, sir, I am implying the best man is me. Don't worry, losing is still a commendable placement when one uses a time machine to make false time-machine-usage accusations against the real winner.

Thinkgeek.com has 'em.

Unlike Kluthe.

By declaring me not the winner you only prove you have a time machine. And as far as I'm concerned, that's cheating.

Also, the goomba and block are out of stock.

I'm laughing my ass off when you both lose.

If one of us ruthelessly destroys the other will you only laugh off one cheek?

[quote name='Dejitaru_Davis']Who's parodying anything? Good man, are you to imply my most sincerest of sincere feelings for CD-i class Hotel Mario are anything but the most sincerely sincerest?

In this game, you are evil and I am justice, outwriting your moving parodic performance by a thousand levels of awesome.

Also, by declaring the best man winner, you are already admitting defeat. And in case that is not obvious enough, sir, I am implying the best man is me. Don't worry, losing is still a commendable placement when one uses a time machine to make false time-machine-usage accusations against the real winner.

By declaring me not the winner you only prove you have a time machine. And as far as I'm concerned, that's cheating.[/QUOTE]

Mayhaps I am the evil in this game of cat and mouse. After all, my avatar does don both a top hat and curled moustache. Under this new assumption, I can safely assure you that evil will prevail, and also does not own a time machine. But to explain myself:

I call my submission a parody not from malice directed at our favorite title, but instead respect; to call either of our reviews equal to the awesome that is Hotel Mario would be blasphemy. You call yourself the best man, but would still call your dissertation the truth? Only one text could truly express the pure awesomosity of Hotel, and that is the very box it came in. We are but pesky plumbers in the grand scale of the CD-I.

I believe I have explained myself well enough, but I am ready to once again post a bamboozled smiley man in your general direction.

Oh yes, that makes three. But enough of our petty arguments; let us put aside our differences and your time machine to see what the folks at megatonik think. You are a worthy opponent Kluthe, but the dog in a top hat always prevails.

Andy Kluthe first, Adam second - if you can e-mail me your addresses (and your choice of prize Andy) that would be great. My e-mail is zizzyATmegatonik.com

bread's done
Back