Winning a small election with teenagers?

Doom Gaze

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm part of a club, a fraternity. We're having elections and I'm running for president. The group consists of 15-19 year old guys.

I'm running up against a more popular, well-liked guy than me. He's the incumbent, but the general concensus is that the group is in a pretty sorry state. The averge guy generally doesn't not like me, they just don't know me as well as my opponent.

I'll have a five minute speech and the opportunity to answer a few questions.

Any suggestions on how I can sway kids on the fence or even change the opinions of kids who may be fairly close with the other guy?

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Beer and tits.[/QUOTE]

There may be merit to the idea of putting tits on my dossier.

But seriously, anything else that is actually feasible?

[quote name='Doom Gaze']There may be merit to the idea of putting tits on my dossier.

But seriously, anything else that is actually feasible?[/quote]

Man tits?

I don't know how sophisticated your group is but generally teens are self-centered and think concretely so your platform should be simple and directly focused on what they would get tangilbly if they voted for you. So in other words, beer and tits :) .

[quote name='Doom Gaze']
But seriously, anything else that is actually feasible?[/QUOTE]

BJ's No really you will soon learn that political elections are nothing more then popularity contests. It is really that simple. If homeboy is already popular, he has already won.

while your working on your speech...have one of the nerds at school change the election results via his blue tooth cell phone since all votes must be done by texting your vote to a number........... cell phone txt messaging rates apply +40 cents. :)

For your speech, just tell them that if they vote for you, all of their wildest dreams will come true.
When it comes time to perform a skit, have a friend have a cool dance number and the Jamiroquai song ready. Make sure he's wearing a shirt that says "Vote for Doom Gaze". The nerdier and geekier this friend, the better.

/end joke

[quote name='JSweeney']Plant incriminating data on his pc.
Call police.
Opponent expelled and incarcerated.[/QUOTE]

yea that's it......

boy what ever happened to hand counting ?

oh thats right....this is the 21st century....now voting is done on your cell phone :p

[quote name='ITDEFX']yea that's it......

boy what ever happened to hand counting ?

oh thats right....this is the 21st century....now voting is done on your cell phone :p[/QUOTE]

Err.. we use write in ballots.

Tell them that an event similar to 9/11 would likely happen if your opponent were to win. I'm not sure how well it applies to your situation but it worked for this other guy I know.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Tell them that an event similar to 9/11 would likely happen if your opponent were to win. I'm not sure how well it applies to your situation but it worked for this other guy I know.[/quote]

I would say zing... but that's someone else's thing... so I'll say... Whammy?

bread's done
Back