Winter is Coming, OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Dogs are awesome. It'll work out splendidly. :cool:[/QUOTE]

It's mostly the issue of I live in a two bedroom apartment and have two cats, one of which is very skittish (despite being at least 15 pounds and capable of fighting off anything). Going to do a trial run after the missus returns from vacation to see how it'll work. I've always wanted a dog but didn't expect one quite yet.

Dogs are way cooler than cats, but a lot more high maintenance, especially before they get house broken. I wanted a dog when I moved but ended up getting a cat, mostly because I live in a fourth floor apartment.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Looks like I might be getting a dog in the near future. Not sure how this'll work out.[/QUOTE]

What kind you looking at?

On an unrelated note, the Simpsons really suck these days. I almost never even crack a smile at them and just feel let down by the series every Sunday. I do enjoy Bob's Burgers though.

stormcloaks

And while I prefer dogs (they're a lot more fun), ever since I moved in with this one guy who had a cat, I've been opening up to them a lot more. Not my preference, but any pet is better than no pet.

[quote name='JStryke']stormcloaks

And while I prefer dogs (they're a lot more fun), ever since I moved in with this one guy who had a cat, I've been opening up to them a lot more. Not my preference, but any pet is better than no pet.[/QUOTE]

Stormcloaks suck.
Ulfric is a total douchebag and the reason you almost get offed at the beginning of the game.

The questlines are pretty similar, so it doesn't really matter which way you go.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Stormcloaks suck.
Ulfric is a total douchebag and the reason you almost get offed at the beginning of the game.

The questlines are pretty similar, so it doesn't really matter which way you go.[/QUOTE]

Granted, I only went stormcloaks, because...well... DOWN WITH THE IMPERIALS.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I got an email the other day. WoW wants me back. They're willing to give me a free week, free realm transfer, free faction transfer, and free boost to level 80. I have a level 20ish hunter on a server so I may give that a go.[/QUOTE]

This promotion is entirely absurd. It's fantastic for the people who gave up WoW before Cata even came out -- because they even get a free copy of Cata.. lol! My brother bought the game because I had it, he leveled a warlock to like ~20..he only had WoW vanilla. He wanted to do this, so now he's a level 80 Warlock with all the expansions...and he has no idea how to play.

For the people who gave up WoW and they come back, it's great. They know how to play. But I have a feeling we are gonna have way too many people like my brother walking around casting all the wrong spells......at all the wrong times -_-

I do like the mount that I got, but, I think MAYBE the rezzer should be given a level 80 also. It's more of an incentive on bringing people back, and we'll have a level 80 to quest through the Cata zones with them.. possibly helping them understand the game better and how to play.

::shrugs::

Getting a bit fed up with the game. Guild drama. People are lame. Gear just being handed. I recently started a few horde toons (my main + alts are all alliance) on an entirely different server..no heirlooms. It's great. I'm being left alone from people I know and leveling without super gear is a nice, slow (for the most part) challenge.

/Poinltess 12:45am rant

Morning, OTT.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']If I get it, it will be a pure bred male Siberian Husky. House trained already along with basic commands.[/QUOTE]

If you live in a 2 bedroom apt, I highly recommend that you DO NOT get a Siberian Husky.

1) They need to run...A LOT. And need lots of room to do it.
2) They shed...A LOT! Be prepared to brush them at least 2 times a day, and vacuum twice as much.
3) They are considered 'Destructive' by most insurance companies and they will not write you a policy...I could not get homeowners insurance from Liberty Mutual if I had a Siberian Husky...Nedless to say, I went with Met Life. Check with your renters insurance company first.

That being said, they the most awesome dog ever! I miss Zinka...she died at the age of 14 a few years back...best dog EVER.

Not to piss on your parade, cause I love dogs, but I gotta agree with #83 especially because you have cats:

One of my elementary through HS friend's mother was an AKC breeder and trained huskies and I know first hand that they are notorious for suddenly attacking cats (even the most docile dogs who have never exhibited the behavior before). They always had a pet cat to introduce and train their dogs with/around. Sadly, they had to regularly get new cats and apologize to neighbors over mauled cats. It's just part of their prey / predatorary drive, much like canine aggressiveness in other breads, it just comes out seemingly at random.

FWIW, their dogs were inside/outside and were given the run of an entire acre.

Hanging out at his house cured me of ever wanting one. I still like the breed but would never recommend one as a first dog or cohabitating with cats.

So I completed companions, thieves, and mages guild and have done the first couple of missions for the main quest. I'm going to take a break from skyrim for a bit. I can't keep going how I am without getting burnt out.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

If you live in a 2 bedroom apt, I highly recommend that you DO NOT get a Siberian Husky.

1) They need to run...A LOT. And need lots of room to do it.
2) They shed...A LOT! Be prepared to brush them at least 2 times a day, and vacuum twice as much.
3) They are considered 'Destructive' by most insurance companies and they will not write you a policy...I could not get homeowners insurance from Liberty Mutual if I had a Siberian Husky...Nedless to say, I went with Met Life. Check with your renters insurance company first.

That being said, they the most awesome dog ever! I miss Zinka...she died at the age of 14 a few years back...best dog EVER.[/QUOTE]

I have no choice as to the breed of dog as it will be given to us by the missus' brother (he can no longer keep it).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Not to piss on your parade, cause I love dogs, but I gotta agree with #83 especially because you have cats:

One of my elementary through HS friend's mother was an AKC breeder and trained huskies and I know first hand that they are notorious for suddenly attacking cats (even the most docile dogs who have never exhibited the behavior before). They always had a pet cat to introduce and train their dogs with/around. Sadly, they had to regularly get new cats and apologize to neighbors over mauled cats. It's just part of their prey / predatorary drive, much like canine aggressiveness in other breads, it just comes out seemingly at random.

FWIW, their dogs were inside/outside and were given the run of an entire acre.

Hanging out at his house cured me of ever wanting one. I still like the breed but would never recommend one as a first dog or cohabitating with cats.[/QUOTE]

The cat thing is something I'm worried about. We're going to slowly introduce them but at the first sign of aggression he'll be gone. The missus is doing all the research and she found that info on their predator nature and sudden attacks as well, so it's starting to look like it won't happen. We're had the cats longer, so they'll come first.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I have no choice as to the breed of dog as it will be given to us by the missus' brother (he can no longer keep it).[/QUOTE]

Did he use to have cats? ;)

[quote name='crunchewy']Did he use to have cats? ;)[/QUOTE]

Not at the same time as the dog. They need to get rid of it because they can't give both it and their spawn the attention they need. I'd ditch the fetus personally.

[quote name='Maklershed']Liverpool vs Everton in 3.5 hours :whee:[/QUOTE]

Aren't you American? Why are you watching soccer. Everybody knows that's a European sport.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I couldn't wait until Friday. I emailed my boss and said I wasn't coming back from lunch. Woot! Five day weekend![/QUOTE]

I should have almost 7 days off in a row next week. Of course, that's due to jury duty and my mom coming to visit for my birthday. So it's not really "time off".

[quote name='flowery']Hey, I'm watching that right now.[/QUOTE]

Did you watch Arsenal yesterday? Great ending. I thought van Persie and Krul were gonna go at it.

I got the axe today. It sucks, but it is whatever. If I didn't eat it today I would have in a month.

Gotta get that linkedin account setup and sign up for the GMAT.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I got the axe today. It sucks, but it is whatever. If I didn't eat it today I would have in a month.

Gotta get that linkedin account setup and sign up for the GMAT.[/QUOTE]

Shitty. Did you go out like a man and cover everyone in glitter?

A laptop is better than nothing.

CaseyRyback, it's time to get on those Obama Bucks now and enjoy a little relaxing.

[quote name='Maklershed']Did you watch Arsenal yesterday? Great ending. I thought van Persie and Krul were gonna go at it.[/QUOTE]

No, but I saw highlights. Robin Van Persie has been legit this year. I am still trying to get over his performance against Liverpool.

Gerrard getting the hat-trick today was a real treat. You'll Never Walk Alone.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I got the axe today. It sucks, but it is whatever. If I didn't eat it today I would have in a month.

Gotta get that linkedin account setup and sign up for the GMAT.[/QUOTE]

Wow, we both had quite the exciting day.

I have to call the HR lady tomorrow. I bet she'll bitch me out for just leaving.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Wow, we both had quite the exciting day.

I have to call the HR lady tomorrow. I bet she'll bitch me out for just leaving.[/QUOTE]

You're going to get shit for leaving early?

Well, my last day we supposed to be Friday, but today I decided I'd much rather have a five day weekend, so I decided not to go back after lunch.

I don't really see what she can say though. I can do what I want!

[quote name='munch']Should I join imperials or stormcloaks?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Stormcloaks suck.[/QUOTE]

Stormcloaks it is! :booty:

[quote name='flowery']CaseyRyback, it's time to get on those Obama Bucks now and enjoy a little relaxing.

No, but I saw highlights. Robin Van Persie has been legit this year. I am still trying to get over his performance against Liverpool.

Gerrard getting the hat-trick today was a real treat. You'll Never Walk Alone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm going to get in shape and get a career lined up. Need to figure out what to do with my life.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Well, my last day we supposed to be Friday, but today I decided I'd much rather have a five day weekend, so I decided not to go back after lunch.

I don't really see what she can say though. I can do what I want![/QUOTE]

They could always just fire you. Didn't you just start working, or have you not started that job yet?

[quote name='Eviltude']They could always just fire you. Didn't you just start working, or have you not started that job yet?[/QUOTE]

Oh no, I don't start the new job until Monday. I just prematurely ended my last two weeks at the old job.

Awesome. If I got a new job I would quit as soon as possible. I have worked at this place for 6 months and have applied for roughly 10 jobs in the last week or two.

Yeah, and it's not like I'll be needing them for references any time soon. The next job is going to be long term.

I just wonder why HR wants me to call them...

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Old HR.[/QUOTE]

Who knows, shouldn't be terrible then... transfer 401k? I dunno.

If it was the new job, I'd be worried about them dropping the position or changing your start date or something.

Really shouldn't, but saw a 40 inch tv at a nearby store that got knocked down from $500 to $300. I've lightly considered getting a 30 inch tv to upgrade from the 17 inch one I currently have, but it is hard to justify. Only thing wrong with it is apparently the internet doesn't work on it, but that's what my laptop is for. (or 360 depending what I want to do).

http://www.target.com/p/Sony-40-Cla...V-NSX40GT1/-/A-13463453#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Who knows, shouldn't be terrible then... transfer 401k? I dunno.

If it was the new job, I'd be worried about them dropping the position or changing your start date or something.[/QUOTE]

Nah, that job is a lock. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back