Winter is Coming, OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']Morning all. I wish a breakfast buffet was a perk of this job. I would sacrifice a potential early heart attack for it.[/QUOTE]

Breakfast buffet without coffee?
That's a paddlin'.

Speaking of breakfast, what should I have? I've never actually had this choice before since my breakfast for the last four years has been two cups of coffe w/o sugar.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I got the axe today. It sucks, but it is whatever. If I didn't eat it today I would have in a month.

Gotta get that linkedin account setup and sign up for the GMAT.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about that man.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Speaking of breakfast, what should I have? I've never actually had this choice before since my breakfast for the last four years has been two cups of coffe w/o sugar.[/QUOTE]

Scrambled eggs, hash brown, and biscuits with sausage gravy. :drool:

[quote name='flowery']
No, but I saw highlights. Robin Van Persie has been legit this year. I am still trying to get over his performance against Liverpool.

Gerrard getting the hat-trick today was a real treat. You'll Never Walk Alone.[/QUOTE]

Chelsea vs Napoli in a CL game in a few hours. But I won't be home in time to see it. :cry:

I have an appointment with a vocational rehab conselor to help me with job hunting on Fri.

It seems like a week doesn't pass by where I don't have an appointment for something or other.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If I am flipping burgers at 35 I probably would have killed myself already.[/QUOTE]

Good to know I have 12 years left to live.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Well fuck that shit then.

I wish I had some Teddy Grahams.[/QUOTE]

You can steal planes though, even while in flight. Then jump off it onto a truck and steal the truck. Then drive off a cliff and deploy a parachute, then grapple onto a motorcycle and steal that.

[quote name='Eviltude']I have 4 brackets I need to fill out. How is it that I'm too lazy to do that?[/QUOTE]

New Mexico is my Dark Horse Champion.

I literally flipped a coin for one of my 4 brackets to decide every match. A lot of the higher seeds came out on top, oddly enough. I can't get into the one on CBS so hopefully I can get it straightened out tomorrow before noon.

My first #1 seed going down is Syracuse. In round 2 to Kansas State. And I predicted that BEFORE the one guy's ineligibility was announced.

Hey, Temp, since your the resident gun nut, have you seen this yet?

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2012/03/10/double-barrel-1911/

The AF2011-A1 obviously features a number of very special parts, such as the single slide, the single frame, the single spur double hammer, the single grip safety, the single body double mainspring housing and the single double cavity magazine floor plate, the long and double magazine latch, the special barrel bushings and the hold open lever and side lever safety with long shafts: but the most interesting feature of the new pistol which we strived to keep during the development of the project, is the interchangeability of most internal parts, which come as standard 1911 replacement parts. These include the firing pins, the firing pins plates, the sears groups, the triple springs, the inner parts of the mainspring housings, the recoil springs and recoil springs rods, the magazine bodies and inner parts, the sights (including after market adjustable sights) the grips and grips screws and bushings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM-DGaNmtA0

Replacement Kindle Fire is here in under 60 hours. Now we're back to doing jigsaw puzzles of Honda CRVs and playing Bag It!
Another Impressive Amazon customer service.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, I just don't get the point though. Do I really need to fire two bullets at once? It's more gimmick than actual utility.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it seems more a novelty weapon than anything. I sent the link to my oldest brother whos a gun nut, and he was like WTF.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I don't know if "goin strong" is the right way to describe it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely. It used to be 500 posts within an hour.

[quote name='Eviltude']I have 4 brackets I need to fill out. How is it that I'm too lazy to do that?[/QUOTE]I almost skipped out but in the end I made one during the commercial breaks of South Park, on paper with zero homework done on it.

And today I realized that I lost TruTV when I made changes to the cable package a while back. Now I'm going to have to fine a way online to watch my San Diego State Aztecs take on NC State on Friday.

edit:
Free promo code to get March Madness on demand for computer and phones.
slickdeals
March Madness on demand is going to a fee based system this year. Coke Zero is giving away free promo codes. Just text "0YOURTEAMNAMEHERE" to 2653 and you will get a text back with your free promo code and instructions! While Supplies Last! --- I used 0aztecs

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, what are some interesting things to do/see/go to in Nashville? Other than the usual touristy country crap? As I'm headed down there for an extended weekend in about a months time

[quote name='DT778']I almost skipped out but in the end I made one during the commercial breaks of South Park, on paper with zero homework done on it.

And today I realized that I lost TruTV when I made changes to the cable package a while back. Now I'm going to have to fine a way online to watch my San Diego State Aztecs take on NC State on Friday.

edit:
Free promo code to get March Madness on demand for computer and phones.
slickdeals
March Madness on demand is going to a fee based system this year. Coke Zero is giving away free promo codes. Just text "0YOURTEAMNAMEHERE" to 2653 and you will get a text back with your free promo code and instructions! While Supplies Last! --- I used 0aztecs
[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty sweet deal. I used 0baylor so I guess you can use the school's name or mascot and it will work.

Good stuff there munch.
[quote name='darthbudge']That's a pretty sweet deal. I used 0baylor so I guess you can use the school's name or mascot and it will work.[/QUOTE]
Make sure you text stop1 then stop2-4 to opt out of the promotional texts.

---

Probably internet old but just saw the Assassin's Creed III trailer during the Colorado St - Murray St game. Looking forward to killing people with the non hidden, Assassin's Creed logo, tomahawk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5PXfIjuPwg

Do I need to play AC: Brotherhood before I play AC: Revelations? (I don't have either one, yet. And just finished AC 2 in December)

Probably not -- those stories I think (I haven't played either of them as well) focus mostly on playing out Ezio and to some extent Altair's stories with minimal Desmond/overarching plot changes -- you can pick up the 3 sentence breakdown on what happens out on wikipedia probably and be good to go.

--

Anyone know of a good way to sell tickets you're not going to use?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Probably not -- those stories I think (I haven't played either of them as well) focus mostly on playing out Ezio and to some extent Altair's stories with minimal Desmond/overarching plot changes -- you can pick up the 3 sentence breakdown on what happens out on wikipedia probably and be good to go.

--

Anyone know of a good way to sell tickets you're not going to use?[/QUOTE]

Stub Hub or outside the venue declaring "I got 2!".

[quote name='eldergamer']Do I need to play AC: Brotherhood before I play AC: Revelations? (I don't have either one, yet. And just finished AC 2 in December)[/QUOTE]Well if you really enjoy the games then yes. If not then you can get by playing one of them since they have many game play similarities.

Stub Hub doesn't have my event listed, WTF?

I see *other* events at the venue, and I see the show at *other* venues, but the two of mine together? Not so much. >_

[quote name='munch']Hey you guys, check out this piece I wrote on Joseph Kony/Invisible Children!

http://www.notevenpast.org/blogentry/humanitarian-intervention-youtube[/QUOTE]

A very well written and thought out article. It was a great read. Although, I would disagree with this one point:

Are we witnessing a resurgence of neoconservative foreign policy? Probably not.

I would argue that we're not seeing a resurgence because nothing ever changed. What we're seeing under the current administration is a continuation of neoconservative foreign policy. The Iraq War is still ongoing. The Afghanistan War is still ongoing. We're getting involved in Libya, we're beating the war drum with Iran and now people are calling for intervention in one of the biggest war-torn shitholes in Africa.

Both political parties are war parties.

Thinking of getting Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention for the Vita. And just watched the trailer on GS...christ, could that fucking bird say "dude!" anymore fucking times....?

[quote name='humansnatcher']thinking of getting disgaea 3: Absence of detention for the vita. And just watched the trailer on gs...christ, could that fucking bird say "dudedood!" anymore fucking times....?[/quote]

ftfy.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Stub Hub doesn't have my event listed, WTF?

I see *other* events at the venue, and I see the show at *other* venues, but the two of mine together? Not so much. >_

[quote name='munch']Hey 83, how easy is it to get to a 76ers game? I was thinking about going to the game against the Celtics next Friday.

I'm staying at this place, for what it's worth. http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-media-pennsylvania-PA560?source=gglocaloz[/QUOTE]

It's really easy if you go online and the prices are great too. They email you the tix's right away that you can print. I got 2 tickets for Wilt's game, for $15 each. Upper level, but the Wells Fargo Center is a decent venue. Looks like the Boston game has Limited Tix available, so Online would be your best bet to get them. http://www.nba.com/sixers/sixers_nine.html

Take I-476 South towards Chester and then I-95 North Towards Philly...Get off at Broad Street and that will dump you right in to the Wells Fargo Center on your right. Look for signs for Gate "A" for cash parking.

[quote name='Number83']It's really easy if you go online and the prices are great too. They email you the tix's right away that you can print. I got 2 tickets for Wilt's game, for $15 each. Upper level, but the Wells Fargo Center is a decent venue. They only sell out games like the Lakers and Miami, so you'd probably have a decent chance of walking up to the box office that day.[/QUOTE]

I meant literally to get there. I'll have to take the train I'm assuming to get into Philadelphia from Swarthmore.

[quote name='munch']I meant literally to get there. I'll have to take the train I'm assuming to get into Philadelphia from Swarthmore.[/QUOTE]

Oh, got it...Yeah, the train is easy. You'd want to take the train (not sure which one, but I'm sure there's signs) to Suburban Station (Pedestrian connection) and pick up the Subway at City Hall. Go south to Pattison and it drops you off right at the Sports Complex.

http://www.septa.org/maps/pdf/click-map.pdf

EDIT: This is your station I beleive. http://www.septa.org/schedules/rail/pdf/elw.pdf Media - Station Road and Orange Ave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back