Wipeout or Ridge Racers

whoknows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
86 (99%)
I dont know if a topic like this has been posted yet, I briefly searched.

Anyways, I got Wipeout for my PSP and am starting to wish I got Ridge Racer instead. Am I missing anything in Ridge Racers by getting Wipeout or was Wipeout a good choice?

Probably just a matter of preferance. DO you like racing with or without wheels? Do you like having weapons?

I hear you're going to get a boat load of updates for Wipeput, something I havent heard about for Ridgeracer.

I haven't played either, but one of my favorite racing games is R4 (Ridge Racer Type 4 for PS1). I probably would've went with that at first...

I prefer Wipeout Pure myself, but I have been a fan of the Wipeout series since it stared years ago on the Playstation. I have played Ridge Racer though and it is a very good game and I would highly recommend it, but as to which is better it really is a mater of taste.

I love Wipeout Pure!
Seriously,....... you should invest in Lumines though.
The game is eating away my life.
My fingers hurt from playing it so much. 10 hours straight last night, 6 hours today, and about 5 on release day.

It is wonderful.

RR is cool too, but it gets old, like any normal racing game. At least Wipeout has a weapons array.

I don't think you can lose either way. Like stated prior,..... it's a matter of preference.
Good luck, and enjoy Wipeout's amazing intro!!
:)

[quote name='Esperado']I say Wipeout Pure. Just gotta wait for Gran Turismo 4. I hear Ridge Racers has very unrealistic physics anyways.[/QUOTE]

Ridge Racer is ment to have unrealistic physics, it's the series' calling card.

Wipeout pure is very unrealistic as well. What good is it driving on 4 wheels if it doesn't feel like it. You might as well be floating.

Ridgeracer is kinda like Burnout just without the crashing, You feel like you;re on 4 wheels you just have more controll over skidding. My problem with Wipeout has always been how it can he hard to predict the floating physics at high speeds.

if you know you like ridge racer games buy them, i love wipeout games and love pure. the speed and look are just what i want. some people just can't get into the wipeout series, but i wouldn't use ps2 version to decide as it's slow- something a wipeout game should not be. i feel if you liked both tyes of games wipeout is a better pick up because it is making the best use of various psp features with online content.

I have this same question actually....

I've read lots of reviews of Wipeout: Pure all of which has addressed the game's rather high difficulty. I'm wondering if this is true, or exaggerated? I don't feel like getting pissed off at a handheld racing game, I'd rather have one that I can just pick up and play and have fun. I'm leaning towards RR to purchase but perhaps someone can persuade me.

I have Ridge Racer and Wipeout and I haven't even touched Wipeout yet. I love the feel of Ridge Racer. Powersliding is so easy and it really makes the game fun. And the graphics are incredible.

Ok, so I am having fun with Wipeout and am not regretting anymore not getting Ridge Racers...Now I am regretting not getting Lumines....damn it, someone just had to let me play their copy.

Oh well....

bread's done
Back